Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

COMBAT! HMMWVs 1.2 Release

COMBAT! would like to present a slight update to the HMMWV pack.  Just minor fixes and visual improvements.  Stowage has been made into proxies to increase performance, wheels are now a more accurate size and texture.  See the Readme for full change log.

The HMMWV's also now require the following addons:

HYK Modern US Infantry 1.53

JAM 2

Laser's US Weapons 2.0

MCAR Engine 8.01 and up

CBT Misc 1.2

Known Issue:  The User Number scripts are still inoperable, but will be resolved in a future update.

hmmwvs_t.jpg

1024 x 768

NOTE: If you downloaded 1.2, please redownload 1.2.1

COMBAT! HMMWV Pack 1.2.1 *TOW BUG FIXED*

COMBAT! Miscellaneous Addon 1.2

Now that's a suprise! Thanks for the update guys. Combat! addons are still my favourite addons up to today thumbs-up.gif

Thank you very much for the update on the HMMWVs, very unsuspected but most welcomed release. smile_o.gif

The addondependencies to the Hyk US-Soldiers, LSR weapons and to Jam are the only flaw to the else excellent addon. I not saying that because any of the above lack the quality, but for mission designer its hard to use addons that bring so many dependencies with them (kind of dictates what addons to use in a mission, to keep the addons as limited as possible). So I would have welcomed the addon even more with the standart soldiers as crew. Off course all that search a fast editor action wont have the same opinion about it.

Holy crap, I dont know what I should be more excited about: the updated hummers, or the fact that Combat! is still concerned with OFP biggrin_o.gif

You've got to be f***ing kidding me Rudedog....I've just shelled out a wad of cash for those on VBS1. now your givin it for free to these OFP cave dwellers  tounge2.gif  biggrin_o.gif

You've got to be f***ing kidding me Rudedog....I've just shelled out a wad of cash for those on VBS1. now your givin it for free to these OFP cave dwellers  tounge2.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Ahh, but they are not the same ones. These are just updated from OFP models. Nothing from VBS USArmy 1 was used.

You've got to be f***ing kidding me Rudedog....I've just shelled out a wad of cash for those on VBS1. now your givin it for free to these OFP cave dwellers tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

hahahha u jealous tounge2.gif

unite cave dwellers!

I assume the MCAR does'nt class the TOW HMMWV as a tank as i can see the driver, unlike the VBS version. I must say however it works like a dream. It's good to see the Combat team still care for the OFP community especially as we've had the down time of ofp.info and OFPEC to contend with. thumbs-up.gifsmile_o.gif

Glad to see you guys still releasing something for OFP and cheers for the update! smile_o.gif

Thanks for the update, but i would MUCH prefere if HYK soldiers and LSR weapons were left out as a required addon. They're both very nice addons, but i dont want to have to have those to stop errors at start up, and Weapons and Troops can easily be added to the vehicles via mission editor.

But the hummers looks great and the new Mcar system should improve the TOW one alot.

Nice job, really.

Only I thing: every time a TOW hummer is destroyed i receive the following message:

"script not found" (withouth the "")

I haven't tried with the MG armed jeep but i don't receive it if the jeep is an unarmed variant.

I haven't tested all the variants.

Anyone else receive the message?

Klavan

Same here, had the message appear while getting hit in the gpl version, and as the AI in the Tow Hmmwv got hit on this screenshot it appeared again. Apart from that message, they behave and handle fabulous, an excellent addon. smile_o.gif

Edit: Picture removed, Problem fixed, Thank you for the fast fix smile_o.gif

I think I know what the problem is.  The MCAR scripts have a place to execute scripts when destroyed.  I might of flubbed that one.  Look for an update as soon as I get a solution.

OK, error message with Tow Variants is fixed.  D/L Link updated in first post.  Seems the MCAR docs are wrong in stating to leave the field blank if you don't want to use their destroyed vehicle FX scripts.  I just created a dummy script file with exit in it and it takes care of the problem.  Enjoy!

HYK Modern US Infantry 1.53

Laser's US Weapons 2.0

Links please.

Time for some "Over There" missions...

Weapons: link! (2.1 patch, not required for our Humvees: link!)

HYK: link!

smile_o.gif

/edit: Oh, thanks to ofp.info for hosting the addons (that's where the links direct to).

Thanks for the update, but i would MUCH prefere if HYK soldiers and LSR weapons were left out as a required addon. They're both very nice addons, but i dont want to have to have those to stop errors at start up, and Weapons and Troops can easily be added to the vehicles via mission editor.

But the hummers looks great and the new Mcar system should improve the TOW one alot.

im with him... i like hyk units and use them in Y2K3 but i highly dislike the lsr weapons. not because of quality or anything like that. its just i have enough weapon packs as it is. between INQ and a few misc gun addons i have more then enough guns... i dont need another 90 megs of guns i already have. i agree the guns look nice and all, but i have enough and i dont want or need more.

so i depboed the addon and removed the lsr dependancy.. except for other then "required addons" there is absolutly no mention of lsr stuff in there. no weapon cargo, no ammo cargo, nothing. so why do we need that thing anyway??

by the way i need mcar too, i lost it before. i deleted it forgetting i needed it