Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

COMBAT! HMMWVs 1.2 Release

Ok that are makeshifts but it's not nice to annoy the average mission player with them. Many of them are even easily offended if a modfolder is necessary.

I really like these new humvees, those tyres looks allot better. But the problem is that there arnt any uparmoured humvees as seen in iraq etc. With lots of armour like the M1114 but also with a fully armoured turret. The whole vehicle is completly useless in OFP AI mode if the gunner is shot...

Ok that are makeshifts but it's not nice to annoy the average mission player with them. Many of them are even easily offended if a modfolder is necessary.

Why dont you just de-pbo the addon, and change the "crew" to the units you prefer?

Or you can give the units which ever weapons you prefer.

I dont have a single addon that I havent changed something on.

Your suggestion is valid if you only play with the addons for yourself, but once you want to make missions using the content you have to leave the addons like it was released, since that will be the way the user will experience it. And under such an aspect a error message popping up is not acceptable, and the enourmous addondependencys to get rid of the error message neither.

@honchoblack & Trapper

I feel your pain x3.  Try making a CTI with this problem!

I've opted for the FischKopp version instead purely because of this problem (...might change back again though as I want to incorporate the CBT M2A3)

None-the-less excellent addon, despite the requirements complained about above, really top-notch quality.

I'm finding myself in the same situation as Trapper. sad_o.gif

An Afghanistan mission (half done) using the previous version of your HMMWVs, middle-east rebels and the BAS units (10th MTN). The addons list is already impressive (even though most people already have them) and having to add HYK soldiers and LSR weapons just to get rid of an error message is unfortunate (I will not use the HYK soldiers). I personnally have no problem since I have those required addons but I have to agree with the critics that you could have left the choice of the crew to the user. Nothing will stop them to put the HYK soldiers in your jeeps if they want but they wont have to.

Just a friendly suggestion. After all, it's your work (and dam fine I have to say) and you do whatever you want with it.

Cheers and keep on the good work.

Well you should bitch to all the people that demanded that HYK units be default crews in the HUMMVEEs. Because the M2 and M113 pack had HYK crews reworked by COMBAT mod. At this point they are nearly standard units over BAS and SUChy's troops. Waste all that time making top notch vehicles only to put the old units in them is rather defeating the purpose? Not surprized that folks are not demand the newest units popular units of the week floating around are not made default crews. ACUs, digital Marpat or the units OFFTime has been making. Give us a break, Rude didn't have to bother updating the trucks could have left you with the old ones. And just kept to working on VBS1 period, they at lewast get paid for the work and don't have to listen to people bitching about something they didn't even pay for. =P

Even more so somebody own special application of an addon. Hell most of the HYK units are pushing 2 and 3 years old now, anyone that is playing this game now don't got them already. must be living under a rock and should consider another game platform.

Why not Sniper Skull? Seems like a good idea if it's an M114 especially.

Sniperskull is right. We want to make the game, especially good add-ons, as universal as possible. A lot of people like to play US vs Russia/African forces and when you got that sign in the back during conflict, even during woodland conflict, it wouldn't make sense.

Will the other weapons mounted humvees (but the TOW, of course) have ballistic shields?

Is good to see the M1114 with the turret (mainly because the current M1114 is useless in combat and because there are not actual M1114s without weapons mounted turrets)

YES!!! That is really good stuff Sniper! thumbs-up.gif

Exactly what was needed, Ive had sooo many gunners shot when I was ambushed or aproaching area of ops...

The sign would be cool if you would do like a "special" iraq version, maybee also with some other extras like writing on the vehicle etc etc... Maybee you can make something with other options?? < some sort of script perhaps, i dont know much about that... huh.gif

Believe it or not there are other arabic countries other than Iraq.

Afghanistan? Egypt? Israel - well, and Hebrew)? Iran? Palestine? Kuwait???

They would be 100% appropriate on the back of at least a tan M1114....

M1036 is pushing it though wink_o.gif

Img_4236.jpg

Setobjecttexture... icon_rolleyes.gif

Also, it would be nice to see several TOW varients for each of the different MCAR TOW scripts, some are better in different situations.

I don't care biggrin_o.gif

I didn't even download these humvees, I was really just pimping my sweet sign.

Well you sure werent pimpin your knowledge of anything outside the USA.

Quote[/b] ]Israel

ouch.

Stick to signs. wink_o.gif

Hey I got about 40% of those places I listed right though... good enough.

PS: Don't come back and correct my percent, you cruel and conniving Canadian.

PPS: Don't correct my usage of the word conniving. goodnight.gif

Just one suggestion:

1114.jpg

This is one of the "particularities" of the M1114.