Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

FDFMOD 1.4 OUT

I keep getting this error when shooting with Makarov

Quote[/b] ]No entry 'config.cpp/CfgRecoils.riffleSingle15'.

Is there a way to fix it?

I keep getting this error when shooting with Makarov
Quote[/b] ]No entry 'config.cpp/CfgRecoils.riffleSingle15'.

Is there a way to fix it?

Same error there,

FDF (Russian Federation) - > Russian Officer

equipping the Makarov PM and firing will produce this message.

After clicking OK, i can fire without anymore error message, but there is no recoil.

It happens on every units equipped with a Makarov PM , i have not noticed any error for the other handguns.

If it can help :

I have installed , in this exact order.

- FDF 1.3 (Full)

- Winter Nogojev 1.1 by Kegetys (as said in manual it is needed for some mission)

- Russian Weapons Pack 1.1 by Kegetys (as said in manual it is needed for some mission)

- renamed the file that needed to be renamed (there in the Support FDF forum)

- FDF Desert pack

- FDF 1.4 WW2

The new content is really impressive, thank you again for this upgrade.

Love the mod, been playing it all afternoon. And I guess I have the honor of asking the first questions about it.

How can I set squads to start out in trenches in the mission editor? I'd really like to create a massive Soviet attack on a Finnish defensive line, but this is hard to do if all the AI troops and anti-tank guns start out outside of their fortifications.

How exactly do I take off in an airplane? I've been trying to play the SP flying missions but I can't get into the air. Well, I can with the Fokker D.XII. I make it to about height 12 and then the plane inexplicably gets very heavy and falls down. I'm playing on a laptop/notebook computer, would that have something to do with my inability to maintain control?

To take off, it is the same trick as the BIS addon plane : never touch your joystick/mouse (do not pull up) during the acceleration on the land.

Those planes do not work like the A10 or the SU25

When your plane will be at +/- 100/120 you will notice a rotation, the plane nose will not point anymore to the sky.

Continue to accelerate and to touch --nothing-- joystick/mouse to pull up , your plane will begin to take off all by itself.

Now you are flying, continue to accelerate until you are at a speed of 180/200 , do not try to move yet, then once you are up to such speed you can now fly without going down.

FDF 1.4 WW2 DAC Configs are comming later this Day i think  xmas_o.gif

I am really glad that FDF Mod team did not sacrifice realism for the sake of "political correctness"! notworthy.gif

Great job, guys! biggrin_o.gif

Love the mod, been playing it all afternoon. And I guess I have the honor of asking the first questions about it.

How can I set squads to start out in trenches in the mission editor? I'd really like to create a massive Soviet attack on a Finnish defensive line, but this is hard to do if all the AI troops and anti-tank guns start out outside of their fortifications.

Well, this probably the most retarded way to do this but I just place the units near the trench object till I find the right position and put this setunitpos "UP" so they wont start crawling and messing up things. Also those movable AT-cannons work better under AI control if you do this disableAI "move", they will still rotate and fire at enemies though. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I am really glad that FDF Mod team did not sacrifice realism for the sake of "political correctness"!

Political correctness my arse, the swastika found on fin equipment does not have anything to do with the nazis. yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]Political correctness my arse, the swastika found on fin equipment does not have anything to do with the nazis.

Quite...

It's so funny that people seem to think that Nazis invented the swastika...

Untill Nazi Germany, swastika had nothing to do with ideas even remotely related to that, and dates back farther than many realise..

I think there's a wikipedia link in the FDF readme explaining this though..

Political correctness my arse, the swastika found on fin equipment does not have anything to do with the nazis. yay.gif

I do know that. My point is that swastika is viewed by almost everyone today as something "evil", I am glad that there are people who know better. rofl.gif

if i remember correctly from school (a rather long time ago) wasnt it actually a budhist/hindu symbol, before the Nazi's took it?

Yeah, and IIRC (which is not saying much either biggrin_o.gif ) it dates back over 3000 years...

Guest RKSL-Rock

It was used alot in Norse mythology too, it was the symbol of Thor's power. The nazis just corrupted it into their weird occult inspired ideology.

Anyway going back on topic... Just have to ay I love this pack - some really nice stuff in it. Great work.

ski's are a nice touch - i may have to speak to one of you about those wink_o.gif see if UKF can put them to good use.

the ski and sled are great too - just realised the passenger in the back tounge2.gif

Now we need a sleigh with a Maxim in it tounge2.gif

Ah, nothing beats skiing over a river, leaving the skis and shooting the russians guarding the bridge from behind! Oh yeah, I really gotta go watch Tuntematon again!

Also, now I can finally accept the "hard" snow - great sounds which make skiing a good idea in those Sissi missions. Not to mention the thrill of hearing the footsteps of guards while sneaking inside the enemy camp.

Overall, I love you. And my ass welcomes anyone thinking the swastika is out of place to kiss it.

Even though the competition is fierce, the quality and comprehensiveness of your addons and improvements simply stand unequalled to this day imho.

notworthy.gifinlove.gif

Thank you !

Excellent... downloading now biggrin_o.gif

You sneeky buggers tounge2.gif

Great... what else can i say.... notworthy.gif

It is real fun to have some MP-battles on "Rulajärvi"...or similar whistle.gif

A shame that the AI-tanks don't like going over the wooden bridges and you seem to have similar problems with the AI in the trenches like the TeamYankeeMod have with their trench project. The AI stands up and lies down and gets confused...and often just runns about in them... engine limit? sad_o.gif

But this is nothing if you see all the fancy little bits and bats that make MP-plays a lot more fun....i love the "mollys"...hardworming to see an enemy tank burn inlove.gif

Thanks a lot for this mod beyond description...you are great guys

Quote[/b] ]AI stands up and lies down and gets confused

You are better off using

Quote[/b] ]this setunitpos "up"
in AI unit's init line. There are AI paths in trenches so if you tell AI to move into certain position in the trench it should do so.

I've seen AI sometimes even storm into trenches with nothing than a waypoint telling it where to go. But trench stuff is still limited of course.

I've seen AI sometimes even storm into trenches with nothing than a waypoint telling it where to go. But trench stuff is still limited of course.

Thanks...will try straight away. smile_o.gif

Like i said, i recall Arne of "team Yankee" telling me about similar limits with the project they are working on... seems like OFP's AI dosn't like trenches to much.

EDIT: I really like the policy of suprise with this release xmas_o.gif

ski's are a nice touch - i may have to speak to one of you about those  wink_o.gif see if UKF can put them to good use.

the ski and sled are great too - just realised the passenger in the back  tounge2.gif

The only problem though is that there are no brits who can ski tounge2.gif

I haven't really tested 1.4 yet as our server is still running on 1.3 as not everyone can download the mod on a weekend, but the sled sounds like it could be a great medic feature so the medic can 'drag' wounded soldiers to cover.

lmao - i can... but i've got scandinavian blood in me tounge2.gif

the sled is a really nice touch, and like you said, it would prove a valuable medic tool in combat smile_o.gif

Unfortunately, man with shot-up legs can still ski normally but perhaps it can be solved in the future...

Skis can be picked up and carried on your back for further use. The sleigh or 'Ahkio' can also be used to transport heavy weapons like machineguns or AT-rifles.