Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Was OFP ever advertised on TV? Because I don't recall ever seeing a commercial for it. It always seemed like the advertising was limited. Is BIS afraid of attracting the wrong type of players or is it because of the publisher? I don't know anything about this stuff.

OFP was released 'back in the day' when games didn't attract as many people as today. I have no memory of any game being advertised on the telly in 2001. At least not here in Sweden. smile_o.gif

Stendac, it's rather stupid to think that BIS could cut off some part of players. Everyone loves money. More players - more money, you think they do care about heap of ofp fans? Dont make me laugh, the first purpose is to sell as much copies as they can. What do you why they do this:

Quote[/b] ]Closer to mainstream ["mass of gamers" literally]

The first info is shocking: ArmA aims for a larger target group thus carrying some changes along. If you're looking for some sop, I'll clear everything for you: We won't be facing a revolution or an attack on something we loved, but rather an adjusting of the concept. There'll be multiple difficulty levels giving us the option to save more often, to make our fellow combattants tougher, to restrain friendly fire, etc. Hardcore gamers and fans of OFP shouldn't panic though - ArmA still features the same tough and uncomprimising world they're already used (and they'll still get their super difficult mode)

Out of place question here but as far as news is concerned IDEA games were at Game Connection on the 20-21st, no news yet? strange huh.gif

Why is it strange? Game Connection is a trade event for developers to meet in private with publishers, it's not an industry event such as E3.

Well, GameSpot have an article on a game that was at this GC.  They were actually there I believe to do the interview and such...

EDIT - Actually I think that was something different... icon_rolleyes.gif

lets not confuse bis forums and mods, with bis pr here smile_o.gif

bis is a top software company with excellent history of backing its

gaming community,imho the best. for example oxygen visitor , and all the sundries that came with it.

as for the the mods and forum locked topics,well i would be a fool to voice my opinions here lol smile_o.gif.

just my twopenceworth

Do you know what, I wish they would just release the game to stop all the (often) ridiculous speculation on these forums. I never thought i would say this but i actually feel sorry for Placebo as he has to read half the crap.

I only come on here to check occasionly for updates but now I have just seen a poll asking if they should change the games name, as if it matters a damn what it's called.

Anyway, now that i've got that out of my system.... banghead.gif

I never thought i would say this but i actually feel sorry for Placebo as he has to read half the crap.

Well don't feel too sorry for me wink_o.gif

At the end of the day people wouldn't speculate so much, grumble so much, if they weren't passionate about Flashpoint and eager to see more, read more about ArmA, and of course get their hands on ArmA. it just takes time, and that time is harder for some people to handle than others smile_o.gif

read a book is good advice i herd 1 time notworthy.gif

citizen soilders is agood 1

Guest Ti0n3r
read a book is good advice i herd 1 time notworthy.gif

citizen soilders is agood 1

Or buy teh Xbox + Ofp Elite, like I did today. yay.gif

Was OFP ever advertised on TV? Because I don't recall ever seeing a commercial for it. It always seemed like the advertising was limited. Is BIS afraid of attracting the wrong type of players or is it because of the publisher? I don't know anything about this stuff.

the only stuff i ever see in a TV commercial was EA bullsh*t

The sort of games you usually see advertised on TV are generally multi platform arcade games such as what EA usually delivers. Probably because this is considered to be their biggest audience. Since ArmA is not going to be multi platform and is essentially a PC dedicated military sim, I doubt that it will get any TV air time. Let's face it dedicated PC military geeks like us probably don't watch much TV anyhow! tounge2.gif

I never thought i would say this but i actually feel sorry for Placebo as he has to read half the crap.

I think actually he was joking Placebo! Let's face it; we can all see that grin on your avatar!  biggrin_o.gif

Havok heavy advertised on GDC smile_o.gif theirs HavokFX on GPUs wink_o.gif

and there was new demo from Crysis on ATI booth , looks really good http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1....360.zip

Meh, i just want to see, hear and read about Arma, 1 good Arma screen gives me more joy that 50 Crysis movies, think im a hopeless fanboy or something confused_o.gif .

I wont be buying a PPU just for GRAW, atm the list of ppu supported games doesnt justify the investment... maybe next year.

Havok heavy advertised on GDC smile_o.gif theirs HavokFX on GPUs wink_o.gif

and there was new demo from Crysis on ATI booth , looks really good http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1....360.zip

Meh, i just want to see, hear and read about Arma, 1 good Arma screen gives me more joy that 50 Crysis movies, think im a hopeless fanboy or something confused_o.gif .

I wont be buying a PPU just for GRAW, atm the list of ppu supported games doesnt justify the investment... maybe next year.

well i think PPU is good just problem can be AGEIA's monopol over it (for now) ...

but when You read the "latest" tech informations about theirs card, You can clearly see it can last 2-3 years with just driver and firmware updates ...

GPU physics use is very limited (You need ultra hiend card or dual card solution to get some real processing power for physics) ...

well maybe i'm wrong according to ATI's numbers they can beat Ageia easily ... read more here http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=226&type=expert

my hope is that card will cost less than creative xfi fatality smile_o.gif

At the end of the day people wouldn't speculate so much, grumble so much, if they weren't passionate about Flashpoint and eager to see more, read more about ArmA, and of course get their hands on ArmA. it just takes time, and that time is harder for some people to handle than others smile_o.gif

Fair play, but it does get a bit silly. I am as excited by this game as the next fella and have had a wee bit of a moan in the past, but I realise that these things take time and speculating over the smallest aspect of the game just clogs up the forum and makes the interesting stuff harder to find.

I retract the phrase "feel sorry for Placebo" with apologies. smile_o.gif

Now to start up a thread about whether the right size rivets will be modelled on the tanks, can't be too careful with rivets you know wink_o.gif

If we couldnt speculate by not expressing our views on forums etc i believe i wouldnt have any hair or finger nails and would most certainly have a twitch in my eye wink_o.gif

Let the speculation continue smile_o.gif

So absolutely nothing new from GC?

If BIS talked to some publishers they certainly had fresh screens or maybe even a trailer...At least say that I`m wrong...

Quote[/b] ]So absolutely nothing new from GC?

If BIS talked to some publishers they certainly had fresh screens or maybe even a trailer...At least say that I`m wrong...

The silence says it all dude sad_o.gif

There is a small article about ArmA in the German PC-Games.

http://www.neverwinds.de/temp/pcg2.JPG

Just scanned it. For those, who don't understand German:

You don't miss anything, there is nothing new mentioned in the article.

The interesting thing is, that the magazine has something called "Most wanted". You can chose between 10 games and vote for one of them. If the game wins, there'll be a preview or somthing like that in the next magazine. So, vote for ArmA smile_o.gif

http://www.neverwinds.de/temp/pcg1.JPG

That's the article containing the information about sending what to whom.

Just send an E-Mail to mostwanted@pcgames.de Chose 1 for the preview you want(ArmA of course wink_o.gif ) and add your name and adress, because you can also win a prize smile_o.gif

The interesting thing is, that the magazine has something called "Most wanted". You can chose between 10 games and vote for one of them. If the game wins, there'll be a preview or somthing like that in the next magazine. So, vote for ArmA smile_o.gif

Just send an E-Mail to mostwanted@pcgames.de Chose 1 for the preview you want(ArmA of course wink_o.gif ) and add your name and adress, because you can also win a prize smile_o.gif

"Statt der starren kampagne mit vorgegebenen Missionen nimmt der Spieler verschiedene Aufträge an, die den Kriegsverlauf beeinflussen."

"Instead of a campaign with specified missions the player takes different missions that have an impact on the course of the war."

Well, that's something new, isn't it? huh.gif

"Statt der starren kampagne mit vorgegebenen Missionen nimmt der Spieler verschiedene Aufträge an, die den Kriegsverlauf beeinflussen."

"Instead of a campaign with specified missions the player takes different missions that have an impact on the course of the war."

Well, that's something new, isn't it? huh.gif

I think they mixed that up with Game 2 wink_o.gif

I think "Simplified Controls for Air and Land-Units" is new.And if I didn't get that wrong and it is official,that will make many people angry,very angry wow_o.gif