Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

I really don't think after 5 years of development we should be getting an OFP with new graphics and some basic optimisations.

Just to note, ArmA developement time has not been 5 years. I believe 2 is more accurate number, maybe even less.

Yeah seriously,just because OFP has been out for five years doesn't mean they have been working on Armed Assault just after its release.

I think the most striking aspect of the video on Cynamite is the sound. It really does sound like a battlefield.

I think the most striking aspect of the video on Cynamite is the sound. It really does sound like a battlefield.

I totally agree with your view , the sound seems to be realistic.

Am I the only one intrested more in the gameplay then the graphics?

Dont get me wrong graphics is important but the whole deal about this game are combat realism.

Yeah, I don't care what those toolies in the tech forums say, I'm still gonna buy the game just for the fact that when I go under a tree a shadow appears on my soldier! That sells it for me, graphics wise, and the rest is pure gameplay.

Wow, I didn't know about that vid.. really great progress in the sound.. good job BIS yay.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Correction:

I really don't think after 3 years of culminated X-Box/ArmA development we should be getting an OFP with new graphics and some basic optimisations.

I would like to know if:

> We can export a logfile or any data at all from ArmA in the commercial release.

> We can save the status of MP games.

> We can disembark AI from a non local vehicle.

> We can reload a non local weapon.

> If infantry soldiers still run at 23 kmph!!!

> If infantry soldiers can run at 15 kmph up a 60 degree slope!!

I think the most striking aspect of the video on Cynamite is the sound.  It really does sound like a battlefield.

Wow, I didn't know about that vid.. really great progress in the sound.. good job BIS  yay.gif   biggrin_o.gif

You're kidding right? Yes, it's sounds better than ofp, but I'm still missing reverberation and audio processing over distance, and the cyclic rate is too slow audio-wise.

Dont mean to rain on anyones parade, but that's just the way it is, sadly.

But since arma is using openAL there might be a chance to mod sound processing, hopefully smile_o.gif

Well, I suspect heavily the answer to all those questions is negative.

Unfortunately the only people BIS seems to listen to come from 2 groups:

Group1: These people just take screenshots in the editor all day and occasionally play CTF or some other mindless DM mode. They can often be found whoring around the addons and mods complete threads saying things like "good job team!!!! great work!!!! Keep It Up!!!" even though the addons in question are generally broken in MP, have addon dependency issues, irregular model lighting and a whole load of other small bugs.

Group2: The elite little crew of addon makers who interchange between VBS and OFP and battle between each other to make the ultimate US special forces units or M4 SOPMOD models. Their ultimate goal is to play Hexenkessel TDM with 24 units on the map all with reflective goggles, realistically modelled boot laces and wavy radio antennas.

Can someone tell me if the German copy of the game is going to have StarForce??

Can someone tell me if the German copy of the game is going to have StarForce??

German version have Securon protection.

Let's compare shall we.

B00005EBF8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

VS

armed-assault.jpg

Before: Gritty, Real, As close to war as you want to get etc.

Now: ALL BF2 PLAYERS OVER HERE!!! Get your shiny m4s! No brains required.

Quote[/b] ]Unfortunately the only people BIS seems to listen to come from 2 groups:

Group1: These people just take screenshots in the editor all day and occasionally play CTF or some other mindless DM mode. They can often be found whoring around the addons and mods complete threads saying things like "good job team!!!! great work!!!! Keep It Up!!!" even though the addons in question are generally broken in MP, have addon dependency issues, irregular model lighting and a whole load of other small bugs.

Group2: The elite little crew of addon makers who interchange between VBS and OFP and battle between each other to make the ultimate US special forces units or M4 SOPMOD models. Their ultimate goal is to play Hexenkessel TDM with 24 units on the map all with reflective goggles, realistically modelled boot laces and wavy radio antennas.

thank god someone else noted that ,you omitted the 3rd group who take the piss out of anyone who comments on arma in a slightly negative way ,even in a good manner and good spirit.

Let's compare shall we.

Let's compare shall we.

Before: Boring well known photo from some image database.

Now: Quite nice rendering of ingame models, wich are now good enough to be on the cover.

Quote[/b] ]Now: Quite nice rendering of ingame models, wich are now good enough to be on the cover.

yeh unless you got a 6600gt card like the guy from tiscali lol.

then it might as well have a windows start up pic on there apparently.

Mr Malcolm, please for the love of my sanity please find me a picture of any soldier in any army of this planet where soldiers wear clothing that reflects light like bloody tinfoil.

One of the most basic principles in modern camouflage is -

REFLECTION = DEATH!

This is why you see binoculars with hessian nets around the lenses, you see tanks with shutters on the optics, you see rifles with a dull matt black coating, you see goggles covered up when not in use and light colours like the skin on ones face and hands is smothered in something called camouflage face paint.

yeh unless you got a 6600gt card like the guy from tiscali lol.

then it might as well have a windows start up pic on there apparently.

Wich is not problem of the models itself... isn't it? smile_o.gif

Anyway, i remember quite well when OFP was released and it wasn't running smooth at any present PC of those days. If ArmA will be smooth at least at some faster PCs then it will be nice improvement smile_o.gif

Let's compare shall we.

[ig]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005EBF8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img]

VS

[ig]http://www.hodnoceniher.cz/obaly/armed-assault.jpg[/img]

Have you played game yet, so why are you bashing it already over a simple cover? smile_o.gif

im not sure about anybody else but im startingto get physically excited about this game. anyways its gonna be a very popular game by the numbers its illegedly being brought at. inlove.gif

Mr Malcolm, please for the love of my sanity please find me a picture of any soldier in any army of this planet where soldiers wear clothing that reflects light like bloody tinfoil.

One of the most basic principles in modern camouflage is -

REFLECTION = DEATH!

Nah. Nitpicking smile_o.gif Btw i saw more versions of that cover image and some of them were without that "glow" on the soldiers. I'm just wondering wich one will be used.

Berghoff + Malcolm, it is about first impressions.

With a cover like this, people can hardly distinguish it from Call of Duty 2 or some other completely generic glam shooter. This will be reflected in the community soon. Watch and see.