Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

What do 'hardened veterans' sound like, btw?  People's voices don't deepen as they get combat experience...  Chomping cigars can only do so much wink_o.gif  ...or do you think that everyone with a high or grainy voice is killed off first, leaving only the thick, smooth baritones and gravelly tenors to sound tough over the radio?

Well, here is an example of US soldiers' radio chatter. Some of those guys sound pretty high pitched, so no problem.

Who else is worried of arma quality? Just look at the reviews.. 55/100, 7/10. I'm starting to think it's a damned flop.

55/100 review was given by a magazine that didn't thoroughly do their work. heck, even their screenshot was indication of how obsolete their system was.

Somehow I'm not suprised,lets face it,ever since it came out it seems like reviewers have been trying to give it a bad name except for a fw,they claim the games graphics are terrible and yet they do not run it on the highest level,in my opinion if you are going to complain about graphics then atleast see the highest before you get upset.

What do 'hardened veterans' sound like, btw? People's voices don't deepen as they get combat experience... Chomping cigars can only do so much wink_o.gif ...or do you think that everyone with a high or grainy voice is killed off first, leaving only the thick, smooth baritones and gravelly tenors to sound tough over the radio?

Well, here is an example of US soldiers' radio chatter. Some of those guys sound pretty high pitched, so no problem.

"Yes it appears to be fornication in a convertable."

I'm unpinning this thread as it's pretty worthless as a source of information now and the pinned space thread is needed for more important "messages".

Obviously feel free to use it for discussion as you like, I'll pin a new combined "official updates" thread to cover updates about ArmA and new screenshots and such smile_o.gif

There's no point making one until there is some next "official update" wink_o.gif

...who reviewed it at 55/100? I'd like to read that review.

Tiscali Games.

Has anyone translated that review into english yet?

Would be nice to know why they rated it so poorly...

55/100

:/

Hopefully it was some idiot expecting the next Unreal ot Half Life, too stupid to realise the quality of ArmA!

For the love of god, why don't these 'gaming websites' actually REVIEW and TAKE SCREENSHOTS on decent rigs?

True smile_o.gif

ArmA demo confirmed by Idea games - maybe soon

first will be MP and SP later

Any chance you can refer us to the source of your info, would be appreciated and will avoid confusion thumbs-up.gif

That's not exactly new news or information though is it wink_o.gif

-Dawnrazor @ Nov. 18 2006,18:06)]Will there be a patch available for German release or later, to solve some Bugs and add animals?

There are no animals included? Didn't BIS always say they are?! huh.gif

Of course there are (little) animals, we already saw some in a sniper video last week.

But if you mean animals like a hourse or a dog, yo have to request a animal mod *g*