Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Quote[/b] ]You raise an excellent point, ZigMaster. I'm pretty sure that maybe BIS might possibly do something probably at some time in the near future that implements these effects, perhaps.

Like you said - who knows?

Perhaps you might maybe be right at some time in the near future maybe that BIS might do something that might affect us in some probably way maybe, but perhaps speculation is all just a little too stupid because maybe it doesn't contribute to anything except bandwidth usage, so maybe what we're doing right now and pretty much everyone else in this forum might just be a waste of bandwidth and doesn't add anything at all maybe to anything.

Who knows?

Well, since if you really make a great netcode, there is no reason that this would use any bandwith.

The AI software on all machines connected to an MP game is the exact same, so the AI will react the same if the situation is the same. This system is also seen in games like starcraft, where to only things that are transmitted through your internet connection, is you mouseclicks - nothing more. No unit-placement information is sent whatsoever.

Desync will be a terrible thing, though smile_o.gif - but I see no reason why head-movements, hand animations and other 'eye-catches' is synced on all PCs in an mp game.

Did you even bother to read our posts? Because your response has absolutely nothing to do with what we were talking about.

Weren't we talking about bandwith sucking of useless things like the trigger-animation and random headmovements on AI?

If we are talking about CPU usesage, yep then im way off... But the point still stands. There is no need to transmit these information in MP, and therefor wont affect network bandwith.

haha..hah..ahaha..ha..

We (Blackdog, and I) were talking about the bandiwdth wastage of speculating about shtuff in BIS forums. You should've maybe read what we had originally said. Word by word, instead of skimming through it.

Quote[/b] ]You raise an excellent point, ZigMaster. I'm pretty sure that maybe BIS might possibly do something probably at some time in the near future that implements these effects, perhaps.

Like you said - who knows?

Perhaps you might maybe be right at some time in the near future maybe that BIS might do something that might affect us in some probably way maybe, but perhaps speculation is all just a little too stupid because maybe it doesn't contribute to anything except bandwidth usage, so maybe what we're doing right now and pretty much everyone else in this forum might just be a waste of bandwidth and doesn't add anything at all maybe to anything.

Who knows?

Well, since if you really make a great netcode, there is no reason that this would use any bandwith.

The AI software on all machines connected to an MP game is the exact same, so the AI will react the same if the situation is the same. This system is also seen in games like starcraft, where to only things that are transmitted through your internet connection, is you mouseclicks - nothing more. No unit-placement information is sent whatsoever.

Desync will be a terrible thing, though smile_o.gif - but I see no reason why head-movements, hand animations and other 'eye-catches' is synced on all PCs in an mp game.

Did you even bother to read our posts? Because your response has absolutely nothing to do with what we were talking about.

Weren't we talking about bandwith sucking of useless things like the trigger-animation and random headmovements on AI?

If we are talking about CPU usesage, yep then im way off... But the point still stands. There is no need to transmit these information in MP, and therefor wont affect network bandwith.

haha..hah..ahaha..ha..

We (Blackdog, and I) were talking about the bandiwdth wastage of speculating about shtuff in BIS forums. You should've maybe read what we had originally said. Word by word, instead of skimming through it.

LOL, sorry 'bout that... Just didnt feel like reading through the last 10 pages since the last time. Sometimes this thread just grows too fast smile_o.gif

What if this is all a hoax, what if there are two guys who know about how desperatly we want Arma to come out, and they are getting the biggest laugh out of teasing us relentlessly with release dates that always need just a few more months, and we like lab rats in this twisted little game are fooled quarter by quarter for the rest of our lives, maybe spreading it to our children and their children's children, ... sorry World of Warcraft is down right now, i have nothing better to do......... huh.gif

All I want to know is two things:

1. Yes or no on Starforce?

2. Distributor in the US yet?

I'll get this one, everyone.

TornSoul:

No Starforce (unless regional publishers decide to put it in, unlikely).

No US publisher.

'Nuff said.

sucks to be in the US right now,hooray for the UK.

Yes it does. Like Placebo said in another post, I'm sure it's not for lack of trying on the distibution end. But that's a shame. ALOT of people from the US loved OFP, and would have bought ArmA as well. I know I would have. I personally know everyone in my clan was looking forward to it. But no disc, no go. A download just doesn't cut it. Hard drives crash, and as mentioned before, places like Direct2Drive only allow a couple downloads, and then it must be repurchased. The only way I'd even consider it would be an .iso that could be burned to a disc. But you and I both know that WON'T happen.

As far as the Starforce, is there a post in here that you got that from or is that a guess? You'll forgive me if I don't just believe everything I read.

It's the truth. Placebo has been locking all starforce threads saying:

1. It's up to the publisher.

2. The German publisher, Morphicon, will NOT have Starforce.

3. Therefore it's likely that no other publishers will have Starforce.

It seems to me that Starforce was only included on press copies to prevent ye ole copying. And trust me, mate, after almost 1500 posts would I lie to a new guy? icon_rolleyes.gif

welcome.gif

It's the truth. Placebo has been locking all starforce threads saying:

1. It's up to the publisher.

2. The German publisher, Morphicon, will NOT have Starforce.

3. Therefore it's likely that no other publishers will have Starforce.

It seems to me that Starforce was only included on press copies to prevent ye ole copying. And trust me, mate, after almost 1500 posts would I lie to a new guy? icon_rolleyes.gif

welcome.gif

1500 posts does not an honest man make.

Placebo has been locking all the threads and saying "it's up to the publisher" for a long time. But the US doesn't have a publisher does it? So if we will probably be forced to get it as a download only. No publisher involved. So I want to know is BIS going to include Starforce in it's download online?

They want people's money, they need to let people know. I'm not asking about a publisher for another country's release.

"1500 posts does not an honest man make."

rofl.gif

And anyway, Placebo already said that the online distribution method has not yet been determined, and, like you said, the US hasn't even gotten a publisher, so noone here except Placebo himself can help you, and even then, he may not know himself.

Sling him a PM and ask, cause noone on the forums here can help with that, outside of useless conjecturing.

"1500 posts does not an honest man make."

rofl.gif

And anyway, Placebo already said that the online distribution method has not yet been determined, and, like you said, the US hasn't even gotten a publisher, so noone here except Placebo himself can help you, and even then, he may not know himself.

Sling him a PM and ask, cause noone on the forums here can help with that, outside of useless conjecturing.

Alright...thanks for your help.

Are all surprises been revealed already or BIS still have some new surprises to show/reveal to the Community untill the official release?

MetalChris posted this on the Latest Screenshots Thread...they should rename it to Latest Screenshots and Videos thread...

Anyhow, S W I M M I N G!!!! yay.gif

Excited because ArmA is opening up more and more possibilities. Barriers are being broken and thats always a good thing in gaming terms.

I can't wait for this warped community of ours to start rolling out the MOD's...: US Marines Syncronised Swimming team MOD  hoo-ha!!!! Complete with floral hats and nose pegs - and you just know someone will make it!!!!! biggrin_o.gif

Looking better and better and better...

Nice stuff, but it sucks how the building shatters. crazy_o.gif Other thing are really nice! thumbs-up.gif

Woow, really nice swimming

They fixed the water in that heli vid (look at the shores)

yay.gif

Everything looks perfect, except the building collapsing but i guess its better then nothing and this was the best possible compromise between FPS/graphics and gameplay. although the rubble was a bit too flat IMO (and more/higher smoke when the building collapses so it doesnt look like an elevator going down), but thats something for the modders to change wink_o.gif

*Drool*

Wow... thank you BIS, now I know why its been taking a while! biggrin_o.gif (Not complaining.)

I love everything about these... awesome movies, especially the chopper that blew me away <pun<

notworthy.gif

Everything looks perfect, except the building collapsing but i guess its better then nothing and this was the best possible compromise between FPS/graphics and gameplay. although the rubble was a bit too flat IMO (and more/higher smoke when the building collapses so it doesnt look like an elevator going down), but thats something for the modders to change wink_o.gif

Im sure these collapsing buildings will be a function of the mod makers imagination just like OFP. I wouldnt get too locked on to the video. The community will improve it.

Im sure these collapsing buildings will be a function of the mod makers imagination just like OFP. I wouldnt get too locked on to the video. The community will improve it.

maybe it's my imagination, but, could be that placebo says a few weeks ago that BIS is not going to implement dinamic destruction due to lack of time and that they are going to work on it in orther to release this feature in a future patch? huh.gif

maybe it's my imagination, but, could be that placebo says a few weeks ago that BIS is not going to implement dinamic destruction due to lack of time and that they are going to work on it in orther to release this feature in a future patch? huh.gif

That's not the dynamic destruction. That's just a simple effect. Dynamic destruction will probably be in Game 2 and is way more advanced.

It's still good to see that buildings can be destroyed, hopefully that applies to all buildings.