Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Just a little contribution to this nosense offtopic. Why doing a travel when you can buy it by the internet or even better wait till rhe international release? huh.gif

Because there are more than half month release delays in various countries. Checz/Slovakia 10/11, Germany 30/11,... hopefully there will be non-localized version because listening to quotes like "Ale bylo by to dobrý" and "Jurgen ist Tot" is not on my fav-list wink_o.gif

ok, lets stop this "non-sense" and continue when 1-1m5 month passed by.

mmm do you smell that? is that irony? look at that non-sense in inverted commas just to correct me subtly (as a truck).... mmm rofl.gif

Just I remember once what Placebo said about off-topic: "when there´s nothing to discuss..." well you know the rest. wink_o.gif

im glad to tell u guys,(!wink_o.gif armed assault release date for germany its ............. 30 11 2006! the german publisher its morphicon. ready for the worst but i hope for the best! nener.gif . germans click here. good news, good news! yay.gif

yeh , imagine the siaze of the spoiler thread wow_o.gif

its gonna be a disaster trying to keep mainstreamers from telling you how what where when why wink_o.gif

i know cause i been a mainstreamer smile_o.gif

How do you do that quote thing anyway

Should i expect delays in the U.S?

You can quote people by clicking the quote button on the upper right hand corner of each post.

Yes, I'd say that you should expect a few months (and hopefully not years) delay on a US release looking at the pace BIS is currently taking things... and plus, that was the way it was done last time, if I'm not mistaken it took 2-4 months after the initial Euro release for OFP to come out in the US.

-Ziggy- @ Sep. 11 2006,19:56)]can I ask a dumb question? will these Euro releases be have specific languages present in the build and not English? help.gif

It's not a dumb question at all. It doesn't seem like anyone is quite sure of the whole language thing yet...

if I'm not mistaken it took 2-4 months after the initial Euro release for OFP to come out in the US.

Correct you are. If I am mistaken please someone correct me. Euro was June 22nd 2001 and the North American was, Sept 1st 2001.

and nice song..."I'm gonna own you...like someone's mom trying to play the game...own you" rofl.gif

How do you do that quote thing anyway

You can quote people by clicking the quote button on the upper right hand corner of each post.

Yes, I'd say that you should expect a few months (and hopefully not years) delay on a US release looking at the pace BIS is currently taking things... and plus, that was the way it was done last time, if I'm not mistaken it took 2-4 months after the initial Euro release for OFP to come out in the US.

2-4 months maybe a year, oh no, im going crazy waiting for current release date, so basically im at square one, ill be wondering about it, just as if the release date never came out

How do you  do that quote thing anyway

I don't kow why you would cast more speculation on the release dates. It seems as if new release dates are rolling in by the week.

BIS should have learned from there mistakes with ofp. This not finding a publisher and raising tensions could be there form of adding hype to the game within the community, ya never know. Finding publishers and getting the game published is the part where their hard work pays off and the dollars start rolling in and the part where they get paid.

Who doesn't want to get paid. Therefore, I think they know what their doing.

I wasn't trying to cast speculation. I was just drawing a somewhat pessimistic conclsuion from past experience.

-Ziggy- @ Sep. 12 2006,04:56)]can I ask a dumb question? will these Euro releases have specific languages present in the build and not English? help.gif

LMAO blackdog, I'm gonna give you some spanks rofl.gif

I quote myself in the release date thread

Quote[/b] ]The Czech version might be exclusively czech.

http://www.gamestar.de/communi....unt=302

http://www.gamestar.de/communi....unt=305

Lord Perth asked www.xzone.cz, whether the czech version was multilangual or had subtitles, but the shop negated that.

Quote[/b] ]patience is always an option? Some even call it a virtue wink_o.gif

Agreed. IIRC, people shouting 'Go Go Go Go Go' used to get kicked from public servers too! nener.gif

Quote[/b] ]patience is always an option? Some even call it a virtue  wink_o.gif

Agreed. IIRC, people shouting 'Go Go Go Go Go' used to get kicked from public servers too! nener.gif

Yeah I can remember kicking noobs from my clan's OFP server saying "GO GO GO ADMIN GO WHAT ARE YOU A NOOB?"

patience is always an option? Some even call it a virtue wink_o.gif

Patience has nothing to do with it, im jammed to the brim with patience, every time a release date comes out i PATIENTLY WAIT what i dont have much capacity for, is disapointment. and now i can expect an additional 3-4 months of waiting for english version, and im sure im not the only one deeply annoyed

well, true... but i cant find one official quote here saying that we'll be waiting 3-4 months for the english version... its all speculation on your part and everyone else here who's assumed that it will take 3-4 months to materialise.

of course, you could be right, but you can be just as wrong - take every day as it comes and see what happens - I'm pretty sure BIS wouldnt delay a UK/US release for the sake of pissing us of, would they?

Only if we (the U.S.) won the cup.  rofl.gif

"Sorry, but since the cup went overseas, there seems to be a slowing of game related shipping traffic"   tounge2.gif

patience is always an option? Some even call it a virtue wink_o.gif

Patience has nothing to do with it, im jammed to the brim with patience, every time a release date comes out i PATIENTLY WAIT what i dont have much capacity for, is disapointment. and now i can expect an additional 3-4 months of waiting for english version, and im sure im not the only one deeply annoyed

Glad your not a duke nukem fan,I'd hate to see how many veins would be bulging out of your head by now.

http://www.gamestar.de/news/vermischtes/gamestar_tv/1464691/gamestar_tv.html

Gamestar shows ArmA in GS-TV which you have to pay for. But it seems they're more confident with their current version than the one they had from E3.

Heute geht es in GameStar-TV militärisch zu. Wir widmen uns in der Sendung dem realistischen Taktik-Shooter Armed Assault. Hat sich was seit der auf der E3 gezeigten Version getan? Ja, hat es. Was genau, erfahren Sie ab 18:00 Uhr.

It's getting military today in GS-TV. We'll take a look at the realistic tactic shooter Armed Assault. Have there been changes since the E3 version? Yes, there have. At 18:00 you'll know what has changed in detail.