Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Hmm - am I imagining things or are the US soldiers at the start of that video running in slow motion ? Explosions look a little slow as well - perhaps the game was being played at less than 1x speed ?

I notice that the bouncing tanks are still present! (55 seconds in).

Looks very nice though.

The smoke/explosion is good but it seems to be the same everytime even if the target is hit or missed. I hope it's more randomized.

Also by watching the video spoock posted i'm getting the feeling your AI squad mates wont be able to fire over the sandbags or any other type of cover as they'll just lie down when in danger as in OFP. The tanks still "bounce" when there hit which is dissapointing.

Overall i'm just happy that were getting an updated Flashpoint but i'm not holding my breath for any major changes in ballistic damage values or damage models.

The two guns on a helo is fine but the AI in Flashpoint had difficulty useing one, as the helo would never turn to allow the gunner to target the enemy. (Just make yourself a test mission where your the gunner and AI is the pilot and you'll have a hard time getting a shot at the enemy as the helo just flys around.) The added MG on the tank is nice but i can't see what the excitment is to have it as you'll undoubtably get "sniped" if you try fireing from it.

To me this seems like a MOD for flashpoint rather than a new game, which is great don't get me wrong, but it'll still have most of the flaws flashpoint had.

PS;I'm still buying it as it's still the best game (imho) out there to-date...... biggrin_o.gif

Remeber this three words:

Work In progress

Remeber this four word for the IA:

Still work in progress

Work In progress

Still work in progress

Yes but work in progress doesn't mean it WILL be implemented into the final release. It means there working to fix it. One thing that has me worried was a statement that read "The next steps are to improve framerate" (read here). Well as we all know if the framerate can't be improved sacrifices have to be made elsewhere in the game. Oblivion springs to mind where they couldn't improve the frame rate so they axed real time shadows, thined out the forest, had pop-up at a short distance and the graphics where tuned down.

Work In progress

Still work in progress

Yes but work in progress doesn't mean it WILL be implemented into the final release. It means there working to fix it. One thing that has me worried was a statement that read "The next steps are to improve framerate" (read here). Well as we all know if the framerate can't be improved sacrifices have to be made elsewhere in the game. Oblivion springs to mind where they couldn't improve the frame rate so they axed real time shadows, thined out the forest, had pop-up at a short distance and the graphics where tuned down.

framerate will be biggest problem sad_o.gif - I want game with stability FPS on recommend HW

2-3 months, again. Probably that's what we'll hear at the next game convention also, whenever that is

The best trick to improving frame rate is to go into the options and turn down the graphics,something it seems alot of people I have talked to are incapable of doing or don't understand..time and time again I have heard one after another griping that they can't run the game at full with a stable frame rate...well sorry to hear that,if you want a stable frame rate,upgrade your computer,thats the only choice you have.

Mmhhh.

Not too keen of these explosions as presented in this video. Too big imho, too often, like said above, they seem to appear everytime, even on a miss. Looks too much like a smoke pasted on screen. I hope it's better when you see it yourself, instead of cam-recording.

I don't like the "hit" effect either (the blood appearing on screen). Looks rather silly

The only problem with what yor saying xnodunitx is that if BIS are working on the framerate issue then ArmA will be like Flashpoint in that even on todays PCs your unable to run the game with all options on full. I do hope that i will be able to have ALL settings on full when i upgrade my Pc, which i'm doing solely for this game.

@whisper, yeah i know what your saying i also don't want the explosion to be the same on a hard and soft surface.

tank_dance.jpg

Well you guys, I'm pleased to say there is no bunny hoping for soldiers, but it seems it is included for heavy armour! tounge2.gif

Yup! The tank dance is still in! I'm not sure how 46 tonnes of tank is supposed to behave when taking a direct hit with a sabot but I don’t think it would bunny hop like this!  biggrin_o.gif  

46 tonnes of tank landing on one track .... I hope BIS has included ground deformation into the landscape!  huh.gif

Anyway, everything else is looking superb and another 2-3 months of development still to go, so many things yet to be finnished!  pray.gif

46 tonnes of tank landing on one track .... I hope BIS has included ground deformation into the landscape!  huh.gif

I'd like to know if you drive your tank continuously into other vehicles you will get damage as if i remember in OFP you could hit another tank at full speed and inflict no damage on your tank. Then again with the way the AI drive those things i would assume BIS would not impliment that feature. "alpha 2 repair vehicle at 456432" or words to that effect  tounge2.gif

I don't like the "hit" effect either (the blood appearing on screen). Looks rather silly

rgr that its looks really stupid, they should make the screen blur or white out a bit instead, or atleast make so you can turn that effect off

After hearing several interviews and getting some info from the GC it seems to me that all you people need to stop worrying. No matter how much nice stuff we get in ArmA gameplay,mission-making,config-editing,scripting wise,for which I am happy about, it seems to me that the main priority is to please exactly you people,the 100000 poly M1A1 on desert island crowd of the current community and obviously the graphics-addicted new-buyers,which promises the most sales.

So, you can keep up the bitching about the little graphical glitches and be assured imo that they will use all their time to fix those smile_o.gif.But you don't need to be afraid BIS misses out on these

I just hope I can continue to host and play on the same computer and not need a dedicated server to play with a few friends... My 3500+, 7600gt is over the recommended spec, but knowing how power hungry ofp can be, the arma minimum specs scare me a little. I get between 10-25 fps when there's a lot going on in cti games.

In short, I hope that we can host-and-play reasonable missions (ofp type standard +/-), on reasonable settings (eg not max but still looking decent), with a few people, and not need dedicated servers or over-the-top line of computers.

ok maybe not so short...

I just hope I can continue to host and play on the same computer and not need a dedicated server to play with a few friends... My 3500+, 7600gt is over the recommended spec, but knowing how power hungry ofp can be, the arma minimum specs scare me a little. I get between 10-25 fps when there's a lot going on in cti games.

In short, I hope that we can host-and-play reasonable missions (ofp type standard +/-), on reasonable settings (eg not max but still looking decent), with a few people, and not need dedicated servers or over-the-top line of computers.

ok maybe not so short...

Same. And I hope it will be released soon cause there aren't any other good games except for OFP:Resistance  icon_rolleyes.gif

Edit : Wamingo , is that you ? ( GreyHornet here , from WoW ? )

just some infos for some questions I saw arround. which I saw arround partly on the (sorry for that) low quality video I made from the water.

The water is transparent, but its not possible to swim or dive sad_o.gif .

I further got to know that until now there arent any plans to make this work for Game2.

All buildings are destructable in the final game. But its only rubble left after a building was destroyed. You cant shoot holes into a building like seen in the VBS video.

Latest video from Leipzig with tank jumping around.... omfg, i though that would be first bugfix on the to-do list for ArmA?! People even wrote emails to devs about this... we can be worried a bit about this... graphics are just great, please fix the most annoying stuff instead of adding eye-candy :]

Wow ... I really hope those hit effects are placeholders or a major WIP. Tactician's effects for the Marine Assault Pack were better than that.

Coming together nicely, though. Still waiting anxiously to see the new AI.

"Victor Bocan" posted in the forum of arma.bigames.info that a demo will be released in september! Can anyone confirm that? thanks

I think Victor Bocan would be right. He is BIS staff afterall.

All buildings are destructable in the final game. But its only rubble left after a building was destroyed. You cant shoot holes into a building like seen in the VBS video.

So I was right...Using two versions of every building (damage=0 and damage =1), then disguise the transition with smoke/explosion effect!

Still that is 100 times better than crumpled paper or no damage at all! Can't wait to try it! machinegun.gif

Quote[/b] ]The water is transparent, but its not possible to swim or dive  sad_o.gif

I think I can smell me some diving mods in the making!  wink_o.gif

Victor Bocan is the Project Manager of the Armed Assault design Team.

I hope the info is correct.

Edit:

I can`t read szech.

Yes but in a guestbook it is easy to name "Victor Bocan"... I could write that "Chuck Norris will round-house-kick those screens" confused_o.gif I want to know if the real Victor Bocan posted this. huh.gif Remember Will´s blog where multiple Porters existed :P

hmm it links to score issue 151. is it saying he mentions it in a magazine interview or another tv interview ?

If the Demo is that close, we get an official word about it soon.