Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Is this big honkin' thing on the guys back a designator?

Indeed, it seems to be the same laser designator that was released with OFP 1.46

- dRb

I hope that when it's deployed it actually stands on its tripod in Armed Assault rather than being equiped like a shoulder-mounted weapon as it was in Operation: Flashpoint.

maybe it is a drug plantation - one of the ways the north sahranis funded the ka-50s biggrin_o.gif

bootneckofficer

Is this big honkin' thing on the guys back a designator?

Indeed, it seems to be the same laser designator that was released with OFP 1.46

- dRb

I hope that when it's deployed it actually stands on its tripod in Armed Assault rather than being equiped like a shoulder-mounted weapon as it was in Operation: Flashpoint.

Knowing Ofp and the engine, it probobly will be shouldered like an RPG. confused_o.gif

Jesus I didnt realize that they where this big?

[image]

the older ones were, the newer LD's are somewhat smaller, although there's always the option of not having the tripod of course

I was hoping that with this delay there might be a chance they could add swimming, but if it's still coming out in certain countries next month, then I guess not...  huh.gif

Swimming with heavy equipments is not easy for usual soldiers. A lot of special training for swimming is needed.

But... I guess scripts may realize swimming in ArmA. wink_o.gif

maybe it is a drug plantation - one of the ways the north sahranis funded the ka-50s biggrin_o.gif

bootneckofficer

This might be a bad sign, but my first thought was "great! Napalm the field and breathe in lads!â€

I was hoping that with this delay there might be a chance they could add swimming, but if it's still coming out in certain countries next month, then I guess not... huh.gif

Never say never wink_o.gif

I was hoping that with this delay there might be a chance they could add swimming, but if it's still coming out in certain countries next month, then I guess not... huh.gif

interesting icon_rolleyes.gif

anything alse you wich to tell us more, Placebo? wink_o.gif

Not for now ;)

Could you tell me if ArmA dev will terminate at some point soon (not counting bugfixing) ... so you have a 'Gold' version of ArmA and that's it, and BIS continues with other projects like Game2.

Or will ArmA be an ongoing project for some time? meaning in months (even years) to come (most of) the devs are allocated to ArmA/PC and we will see more features into ArmA (like the swimming reference)

(You know my sig. Ahh, nuff said;)

I was hoping that with this delay there might be a chance they could add swimming, but if it's still coming out in certain countries next month, then I guess not...  huh.gif

Hmm! Being cryptic again Eh?! First with the sheep now with swimming!  tounge2.gif

My physio told me that swimming will be good for my back, so I would be super grateful if BIS were to include it in ArmA!…  LOL!

Thanks Placebo! Looking forward to this game now more than ever!  shark_attack.gif    biggrin_o.gif

*Placebo whacks the bees nest a few more times*

Swimming sheep!!!!1111 rofl.gif

You guys always have the BEST surprises, can't wait.

...so you have a 'Gold' version of ArmA and that's it, and BIS continues with other projects like Game2.

Or will ArmA be an ongoing project for some time? meaning in months (even years) to come (most of) the devs are allocated to ArmA/PC...

How many times do I have to say it!?!?!

ArmA dev and Game2 dev are seperate development threads. Work on Game2 continues at the same time as work on ArmA.

Not for now wink_o.gif

no offence, and respect for being a mod and all, but do you have any idea how badly you'd suck at playing pictionary, placebo ? wink_o.gif

...so you have a 'Gold' version of ArmA and that's it, and BIS continues with other projects like Game2.

Or will ArmA be an ongoing project for some time? meaning in months (even years) to come (most of) the devs are allocated to ArmA/PC...

ArmA dev and Game2 dev are seperate development threads. Work on Game2 continues at the same time as work on ArmA.

What IS your prob? You don't have to say anything. I was asking politely if, when and were the ArmA devs would be allocated to.

So, i guess you provided the answer with saying that the full dev ArmA team will stay on ArmA/PC for say 1-2 years??? Am i right or am i right?

What IS your prob? You don't have to say anything. I was asking politely if, when and were the ArmA devs would be allocated to.

So, i guess you provided the answer with saying that the full dev ArmA team will stay on ArmA/PC for say 1-2 years??? Am i right or am i right?

My "prob" is people constantly trying to blame ArmA for causing the delays to Game2.

Theres enough information out there that clearly shows that BIS has a sepertate team working on ArmA, lead by Viktor Bocan.

And I should imagine, that of the ArmA devs who do not leave the company when the project is complete (as is the way in the industry) the remaining artists, coders etc be re-assigned to support the people already working on Game2.

will ArmA be an ongoing project for some time?

Yes smile_o.gif

As these are ArmA forums there should be no discussion of any kind about "Game2" it has no relevance here at all smile_o.gif

Ok ill ask this question again and hope to get an answer. Seems everytime i ask the question, someone then says when will a uk publisher be announced. I myself have given up on a UK publisher for now. I want to know where i will be able to get the Czech Version, so that i can be playing the game next month. Im bored of seeing the screen shots now. So i dont want to see more screen shots when the Czech version is released. Has anyone got a link in English that would import this game for me.

there is an english publisher, it was announced yesterday as 505 gaming. Check the relevant thread wink_o.gif

and @ placebo - thats a nice suprise, does that mean new content or just to ensure fixes for any bugs that slip through?

does that mean new content or just to ensure fixes for any bugs that slip through?

I can't confirm either way, simply the ArmA development project doesn't stop with the CZ/DE/PL/RU/SK releases smile_o.gif

My "prob" is people constantly trying to blame ArmA for causing the delays to Game2.

Theres enough information out there that clearly shows that BIS has a sepertate team working on ArmA, lead by Viktor Bocan.

And I should imagine, that of the ArmA devs who do not leave the company when the project is complete (as is the way in the industry) the remaining artists, coders etc be re-assigned to support the people already working on Game2.

I was fishing for some console 'news' (not Game2 although i mentioned that) ... seeing Placebo's answer i know (sadly) enough.