Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Guest Ti0n3r
There is already something like that for OFP: crBF (made by cleanrock who made crCTI)

That's not really what I ment though. But nevermind, I guees I will have to create it myself. Hope there's interest for it biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You freeze and think "This is it; I'm dead now", only to hear a bang from behind you, and the enemy drops. You turn round, and Will Porter is standing there, but you have no time to thank him for saving your life; you have to move on with the mission.

Oh my wow_o.gif

Btw, I was thinking; It would be nice if they (or we) created a MP mode similar to BF2.

You start as a private and have access to some basic weapons. You will gain 'points' for killing oponents, completing objectives etc. When you have enough points you will gain rank and you'll be able to 'buy' a new less basic weapon. If you've played BF2 then you know what I mean.

I know, BF2 suxorz icon_rolleyes.gif

someone said that it acturaly happened on him once, only that the one who fired isnt mr. porter, and the fact that by that time he didnt know that his FAMAS is emety icon_rolleyes.gif

There's that arm again...

armed_badly.jpg

By moving the arm up and back inline with the shoulder it suddenly looks more natural...

armed_better.jpg

Lets hope it's still WIP!

Guest Ti0n3r

I'm sure that all the animation related stuff is a WIP, though I've never seen that animation so I guees it's new. That kind of rubbish was ok back in 2001, but this is not back in 2001. whistle.gif

And I doubt you'll notice it due to the speed of the animation, don't forget that screenshots can make things look different than they are ingame.

And I doubt you'll notice it due to the speed of the animation, don't forget that screenshots can make things look different than they are ingame.

A soldier jogging through a field isn't that fast in terms of animations, and in any case that is no excuse for poor limb alignments. If it is noticeable in a screeny it sure as hell will be noticeable in game!

I think our best hope is to assume that it is only WIP! It won't kill the game for me, but it needs to be pointed out in terms of constructive criticism from a very picky community!

I love the way things are now progressing; I just hope it gets better!   wink_o.gif

"Enjoyment - At the end of the day, it's a game, and games are supposed to be fun and relaxing, so we have an objective to ensure that Armed Assault doesn't become overly frustrating or excessively difficult - unless of course the player chooses to play that way. That's why there are intelligently implemented skill levels and visual aids; the player can choose how much help he wants - or doesn't want."

That's good news. If you're a newbie, you set your own difficulty. If you're a vet, the same goes for you. So the game will suit most of the people.

A soldier jogging through a field isn't that fast in terms of animations, and in any case that is no excuse for poor limb alignments. If it is noticeable in a screeny it sure as hell will be noticeable in game!

I think our best hope is to assume that it is only WIP! It won't kill the game for me, but it needs to be pointed out in terms of constructive criticism from a very picky community!

I love the way things are now progressing; I just hope it gets better!   wink_o.gif

Guys, you're knocking a very hard working virtual soldier that's staying in combat with a dislocated shoulder instead of crying to the medic. tounge2.gif

Need a -connected- skeleton system for the animations, it seems. whistle.gif

"Medic! My arms dislocated!"

"clear!"

Bzzt

Hooray for uber shock paddles of all healingness rofl.gif

I duno..bah. Hm,people tend to run differently when running,nobody is the same so its kinda hard to say really,unless anyone has some pics,please post if ya do,or PM em.

I hope that is a sprinting animation and not the normal jogging one.

I hope that is a sprinting animation and not the normal jogging one.

I hope its an expirimental anim, if he is going to shoot that way we might as well call the game

Rambo: Random terrorist shooter 3 tounge2.gif

maybe its easier to run holding the rifle in the center with one hand? smile_o.gif nah i think it looks good! keep up the work Bis and placebo too! biggrin_o.gif

There's a part2 to the IGN interview, seems I talked to much and they had to split it into two parts wink_o.gif Unfortunately I don't know when part2 will be put online.

@Placebo

You said in the ign interview that planes will be availible to use for the player.

But that new interview with the magazine Powerplay tells that it's not decided if planes will be in Arma!

So what is fact now?

And BTW if no planes would be in Arma, this would be a step backwards from OFP. I hope BIS will find a way to implement them.

Powerplay preview: http://armed-assault.de/

12 Missions  confused_o.gif

Maybe its 12 really long missions. It says something about branchable objectives or something like that. Not to mention remember you can play each mission as several different people.

Damn why does nobody look at my posts >.<

Maybe by 12 missions they meant single player missions,not campaign.

You said in the ign interview that planes will be availible to use for the player.

But that new interview with the magazine Powerplay tells that it's not decided if planes will be in Arma!

So what is fact now?

And BTW if no planes would be in Arma, this would be a step backwards from OFP. I hope BIS will find a way to implement them.

Powerplay preview: http://armed-assault.de/

LOL, just because 1 interview says that means nothing. A lot of the time false information is given out in magazines or they get things wrong.

Do you really think BIS wont have support for planes in AmrA? just think about that for a minute.

BIS said awhile back that they have newer plane physics for ArmA.

"Medic! My arms dislocated!"

"clear!"

Bzzt

Hooray for uber shock paddles of all healingness  rofl.gif

I duno..bah. Hm,people tend to run differently when running,nobody is the same so its kinda hard to say really,unless anyone has some pics,please post if ya do,or PM em.

Something more like this...

runner_athlete.gif

Only with a helmet, SAW and bdu cammo!   biggrin_o.gif

would be more natural knowing soldiers carry some heavy equipment.

that image would be more natural then the ones with the arm dislocated.

FOCUS on the Arms only

runner_athlete.gif

(though the legs are kinda strange.. the movement is not natural.)

vs

arm_aw.jpg

(arm have a strange position)

Yah, there is too much of a kick with the left leg I agree, but the arm movements are about right though.  wink_o.gif

Hey guys, it's a good sign when the biggest thing we're worrying about is an awkward arm animation.

Quote[/b] ]There's no feeling like seeing an enemy about to shoot you as you're in the middle of reloading. You freeze and think "This is it; I'm dead now", only to hear a bang from behind you, and the enemy drops. You turn round, and Will Porter is standing there, but you have no time to thank him for saving your life; you have to move on with the mission.

Nice one, Placie! smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Just crossed my mind, I don't think anyone have posted this one.

Oh well, I'm off to continue my drunken rampage... whistle.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

But it's easy to miss it there! nener.gif

smile_o.gif