Sign in to follow this  
zootso

Release....

Not to fussed on the release date that much anymore, I would like to hear who the publisher is first. Surely there is a short list by now. Like everyone else though Im just keen to get some info tounge2.gif Information is power they say and BIS have it all atm rofl.gifnotworthy.gif Please wisen us up a little someday soon whistle.gif

John R. @ Oct. 31 2005,10:33)]I believe that we will get more informations after the 8th november!

Why? What will happen on 8th november?

John R. @ Oct. 31 2005,15:33)]
Quote[/b] ]Release date is confirmed as October 28th for Europe and November 8th for North America & Australia.

and that was wrong, wasnt it, ArmA wasnt released on October 28th in Europe wink_o.gif

I think he meant OFP:Elite (the xbox version) coming out at those dates, and so they can concentrate on ArMa

Atari is the publisher in australia... as they were with ofp..

Elite was actually allready released on the 26th in UK... Some shops just sold it prior the release (another sign on the great structure that Codies brings for the day) sad_o.gif

I think he meant OFP:Elite (the xbox version) coming out at those dates, and so they can concentrate on ArMa

Thats what I meant... i've just forgotten to write OFP:Elite in my post whistle.gif

i wonder if atari maybe publish armed A? biggrin_o.gif c'mon they published act of war , wich is a modern , futuristic war rts game but i think it would be logical if they published ofp smile_o.gif

i remember act of war had some decent press in game magazines here in sweden and maybe if armed assault would be published who knows, BIS might get a piece of the gold cookie too biggrin_o.gif

im guessing the game will be out just in time when you either have just spent all your money or when you will have to wait a week or two until "payday" 25th up here tounge2.gif so somewhere between 25 of novembre and 25th of december crazy_o.giftounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif i dunno im just thinking to much but as the old saying goes , something good comes to those that wait or something like that wink_o.gif

They have just over 1 month for Armed Assault to go gold if it will be released this year, it's getting really close till we find out some info I'm sure.

Yea i bet theyll have to give info before the new year on the next expected release date...right guys....right?! sad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

I would have no clue what publisher to take. But most probably it will be Atari for the benelux, as they also published OFP:E in it.

Quote[/b] ]Placebo

Ãœber Verwalter

Group: OF Forum Team

Posted: Oct. 31 2005,16:06

I've had it confirmed a second time that Atari (distributor in Benelux) distributed the game last week.

would be rather strange when they would take a different publisher after they found one for the xbox game, mostly they stick to it wink_o.gif

If I had to choose a publisher I'd pick Ubisoft

Ubisoft have turned GR and R6 franchise into console arcadish exclusives, with the next generation consoles coming out you can bet they wouldnt be very interested in publishing BIS games for PC, not interested in seeing dumbed down ports either, not even to mention starforce crazy_o.gif .

pistols.gif >>> Ubisoft!

Wellllll, they also have some truly rockin' sims (pacific fighters, silent hunter III. blah blah blah ok, that's the end of my list...). And does the publisher MAKE the games?? Oh no they do not tounge2.gif (though they would like to have you THINK that with the size of their logo on the box  banghead.gif )  Just hope that BIS's resolve will stay the course against the tide of publisher phone calls saying "Just get it out.  C'mon, we'll make some money... Then you make a little expansion to fix some of the things you originally wanted to put in, and make some more money" - ad nauseum.

BI has a great track record, I'm not worried. whistle.gif

No but the publishers come in and tell the devolpers what should be in it for what will give the most sales. (Mostly CS kiddies who thinks realism is running around with 2 M60's firing off 1000 bullets before throwing them away and pulling a rocket luacher out of no where and blowing up another person and getting anther m60) tounge2.gif God I hate EA

No but the publishers come in and tell the devolpers what should be in it for what will give the most sales. (Mostly CS kiddies who thinks realism is running around with 2 M60's firing off 1000 bullets before throwing them away and pulling a rocket luacher out of no where and blowing up another person and getting anther m60)  tounge2.gif  God I hate EA

That atitude is growing old, diferent people prefer diferent games, some do like both arcade and realistic games, EA seems to focus on publishing mainstream products targeted at a wider audience, we dont have to buy their jun.. products if we dont want to smile_o.gif .

Im sure BIS will make a contract with a publisher to release their software but they will still remain a independant company, its not like their selling their souls tounge2.gif .

Ubisoft have turned GR and R6 franchise into console arcadish exclusives, with the next generation consoles coming out you can bet they wouldnt be very interested in publishing BIS games for PC, not interested in seeing dumbed down ports either, not even to mention starforce crazy_o.gif .

pistols.gif >>> Ubisoft!

I think the new direction of the R6 and GR was totally chosen by red storm themselves. Codemasters is quite fond of starforce too, they were one of the first companies to adopt it.

well well, its now November and we have yet to hear anything about a possible release date. i wouldnt be too happy if BIS waited ti'll the last minute of this last quarter to announce that AA will be delayed.

i hope they give us something in the next few weeks if not earlier. it wouldnt look good on them if the last quarter passes with out any information on a possible change of release date.

it's better to be informed over the reasons as to why AA is delayed, then to have the stated release date pass only to leave the community in the dark. at lease give us something to help us understand what is going on, and help to quench this fire that has been brunning for a while now.

pistols.gif >>> Ubisoft!

I think the new direction of the R6 and GR was totally chosen by red storm themselves. Codemasters is quite fond of starforce too, they were one of the first companies to adopt it.

Exactly.. You really think Ubisoft forced the developers to change the game from realistic to arcade, without the developers wanting to? Sure, they might have suggested "An arcade game might sell better", but I honestly doubt they would/could change the game without the developer wanting to..

Anyway, as for a release Q4 this year, I kinda doubt it will happen.. Maybe Q1 next year, which would be a shame, as it'd lose all the christmas sales, and after c'mas, after people who play games have got all the games as presents, probobaly aren't going to go out and by more games.. Which would then cut the sales down to only people who like OFP largely..

But a surprise release in a month or so would be good *hint hint* tounge2.gif

- Ben

Exactly.. You really think Ubisoft forced the developers to change the game from realistic to arcade, without the developers wanting to? Sure, they might have suggested "An arcade game might sell better", but I honestly doubt they would/could change the game without the developer wanting to..

Guys crazy_o.gif , its not relevant to the topic at hand but everybody knows RSE started developing kid shooters when UBI took over, like.. their no longer a independant company like BIS confused_o.gif .

Has for Aras release i feel we are still far from seeing it coming sad_o.gif , looking back i would have expected to be playing something new from BIS by now but 2k5 will end with no Aras and no OPF2...

I would say, no news is good news.

Maybe BIS will announce in 2 weeks that it is finished with videos , a new site, and everything else. I honestly see no reason why everybody sees it delayed. Some games came out of nowhere, without any news just 1/2 week before releasing the game.

You know I don't really post on subjects like these but I'll ponder this.

Getting a good game publisher must be as hard as getting a record deal. I personnally know several people that are incredible singers and are also pleasing to the eye. They have sung everywhere but have yet to get a break. Contrast this with the hundreds of albums in the stores recorded by people with no real talent.

Back to my point.

Look at the promotion of other games of this ilk, most notably "Call of Duty". There is an hour long special about it on the Military Channel, here in the states. Now "Call of Duty" is a good game but it has NO WHERE the lasting appeal that OFP has. However, this TV special makes it seem that their developers have invented everything to do with military first person shooters. Imagine if our game had half this much promotion but sadly, I see the new games being overlooked as well. Money and accollades go not to the best but to the loudest.

--Ben