Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

OFP Navy

Short, simple and sweet.  These models were created for a modern naval strategy sim, not for a high detail first person shooter.  The model is fine by itself, but what it really needs for OFP is a conn and better textures.

Understood, but as for Textures, thats certainly not forte.

And as I said, I was leaning towards MLOD because I don't believe I could really release a "final" version, + plus I think the community has a right to play with the (my) models.

I guess im into sharing as others have shared before me.

Will these be CoC compatible so we can use them for artillery and cruise missile fire missions?

how about also equiping the ships with somekind of radar system that you could avoid by going really low and fast?

Thinks of pictures and videos from the Falklands where the Argentinian Mirages shot past the ships at low level high speed....

Im going to enjoy these ships it brings allot of realisme to the game. Because the invading forces wouldnt bring only a LSD to the scene!

What about incorprating RSKL's Sam/Radar Scripts in the future(when both mods are more complete). Or are you working on your own system?

I do like the idea of somehow adding CoC UA support! In the first days on the of the recent Gulf War, HMAS Sydney (sure it was her) supported britsh ground forces with naval gun fire with her 5" Gun called in by spotters and did so for several more days until ground forces got the shit together. Would be cool to be able to do something like that with these babies!

1. Yes, this good idea but please make proper models not fictional

2. This ship looks like mix of Oliver Hazard Perry and Ticonderoga class  sad_o.gif

3. My ideas :

- first fix size of USS Nimitz and Tarawa

- make US ships such a Oliver Hazard Perry, Ticonderoga    and  Srlrigh Burke class

p.s I have some paper models in pdf format that can be useful for your project

I strongly disagree that ships in OFP should be based on certain US classes and models. Since there are so many different countries represented in the different mods, I reckon it would be better to make more generic and fictious East and West type ships. (West types more modern looking maybe).

That way you'll save a lot of work and wouldn't have to rely so much on blueprints. Also they would be more used by missionmakers.

Just my 2 cents

BTW, looking good so far  wink_o.gif

Well, keeping it in MLOD will be fine as long as people ask my permission before publishing any modifications these Burke models and the Type45.  If anyone plans to convert the ships for non OFP public use, you must ask the original author permission.

Here is his E-mail:  

op4_delta@hotmail.com

When these models are donated, I expect a killer long range SAM defense, point defense, and a capable deck gun.    pistols.gif  Otherwise the model repo guy is comming to get them.    wink_o.gif

Later,

Havoc.

Thanks Havoc smile_o.gif

Last minute WIP before I head out for a couple of weeks break.

Destroyer_1.jpg

The Arliegh Burke should be longer than the Type45 Destroyer shown in this pic.  If possible, try to scale it evenly to at least equal the length of the Type45 Destroyer.  

I'm going to play with the texture of the Arliegh Burke and see if I can get it to look a little more navy gray than with OFP renders it as (looks like a bloody white ship crazy_o.gif ).  Just something I haven't gotten around to doing yet.

Have a good break bro.  You better bring back some pics of your break having fun at the beach with women around that have "flexible" morals..  tounge2.gif

great looking new ships  biggrin_o.gif  just getting the skin more greyish and it will be perfect graphics wise maybe  smile_o.gif

Hope to use these before christmas  tounge2.gif  nah seriously take the time to make 'em right  wink_o.gif  Wonder about one thing and that is if its possible to like have a certain are where you can run up and plant a satchel charge or three and detonate to make ship blow up and sink  whistle.gif    Even though these where meant for naval battle in ofp  i would like to have some small abilities to have blackops or spetnaz swiming or flying , climbing onboard and doing some action  pistols.gif

anyways great work.

edit , yeah i saw you didn't plan on making static versions of the ships , but is there still a small chance that the vehicle ones will have small areas outside the ship not inside that players, a.i can stand , walk around at?

I highly doubt they will have any walkable area except maybe on the helipad area and that's only if the ship is stationary.

These will be for weapons of war that will swat flies and sink ships, not for taking one out for a 30 day vacation.

... ... ... ... ... [ wow ]

yes indeed wow_o.gif

-- Me wants FITF asap

Pride of the Soviet Navy

- Sovremmeny

PCsovietDestroyer.jpg

47kb.

Something for yer ships to shoot at...or be shot at! whistle.gif

any plans on carriers? USS Enterprice will be nice to have in OFP whistle.gif or maybe some Submarines like LA class or Sea Wolf icon_rolleyes.gif

but good job so far

CoC Divers are just drooling at all the targets being built. nener.gif Also prepping a large torpedo loadout. rofl.gif

Keep up the good work. yay.gif

Pride of the Soviet Navy

- Sovremmeny

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics/sectionpics/PCsovietDestroyer.jpg

47kb.

Something for yer ships to shoot at...or be shot at! whistle.gif

Now that is one of the most lethal ships I know about. The only things that I've tried that can sink it with one go is the CoC Nuke Torps and the RB15 missile from the SFP Viggen. The later one is really fun to use. smile_o.gif

any plans on carriers? USS Enterprice will be nice to have in OFP whistle.gif or maybe some Submarines like LA class or Sea Wolf icon_rolleyes.gif

I have a Los Angeles Class submarine but I am afraid it won't see the daylight before Arma comes out confused_o.gif

PhilCommando, your Sovernmeny is missing a few missile tubes.  It has eight SS-N-22's (4 on each side), not just four total.

Forgot to mention that a long time ago, but never got around to remembering to mention it.

errr....Putin run out of cash and the fleet lost the funding, so they have to cannabilized the parts and share amongst the missile tubes with other ships! wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif ..no worries, 4 or eight missles, the rest of its weaponery packs a power punch to any sucidal intruder! tounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.gif

PS: sorry,in truth had to cut down as much vertices as possible, i sure aint gonna model every nut and bolt on the ship...do that and it will be a lagfest! crazy_o.gif i aim for max performance and borderline asthetics only.

Hey PC, remember another ship project we discussed some time ago, can I get a firm answer on that either way please...so I can know whether to have crew made or not.

Just a suggestion (if this has already been said, sorry):

for the addonmakers who make their ships using building parts, could you just add two simple lines like these:

side =0;

cost = 1000000;

so that relative the config entry would look like

(taken from Philcommando's Sovremenny class Destroyer):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Static : All {};

class Building : Static {};

class Strategic: Building{};

class shed1: Strategic{};

class PCpart2: shed1

{

model="\PCdestroyer1\part1";

displayName="Bow";

reversed=1;

autocenter=0;

mapSize=65;

armor=2000;

vehicleClass="Armored";

destrType="DestructBuilding";

nameSound="ship";

animated=1;

scope=1;

side =0;

cost = 1000000;

This way each of these parts can be targeted by the enemy AI.

I know that after having destroyed the turrets the ship is useless, but enemy AI engaging from extreme ranges (10000+ meters) sometimes just watches and doesn't act.