Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

OFP Navy

Gnat @ Dec. 03 2005,14:53)]<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Krivak III - WIP</span>

You are aware that this is not a Krivak III, but an Indian Talwar type FFG?

Bharak-Rakshak is wrong in this case.

The Talwar FFG are a further evolution of the basic Krivak design dating back to the 60s, but are of course undoubtedly largely based on the Krivak III.

Referring to them as Krivak III is wrong, though.

Sorry for bitching about this one wink_o.gif

The model itself looks very promising, it's a shame many other naval addons are not up to higher standards.

Fine .... whatever ..... how about I call it just "Krivak Class frigate" ? Its not as if theres any others in OFP so that I need to clarify further.

In reality it seems to be a Krivak IV.

Either way, its one of the few "Stealth" built type designs in any "Eastern" navy.

Gnat @ Dec. 17 2005,07:58)]how about I call it just "Krivak Class frigate" ?

How about just calling it by its name, Talwar class or Project 17? tounge2.gif

That aside, it would be a "Krivak type", Krivak has never been a ship's name, just a code designation.

Do what you like, just wanted to pop in and tell nener.gif

pffff, wasn't the entire idea to do a semi-fixtional navy ?

Exactly ! If this keeps up I'll just call it the Titanic rofl.gif

Was a while since i checked this thread but oh my i have been missing out here biggrin_o.gif

what beatiful corvettes and other ships there is in the making! thumbs-up.gif to Gnat team!

im not sure if this has been answered earlier before but will we be able to land choppers on those new corvettes?

And also i thought there was only going to be around 4 ships in the pack biggrin_o.gif but this is starting to look more promising every time i check it out.

im not sure if this has been answered earlier before but will we be able to land choppers on those new corvettes?

Certainly plan to, but the scripting is going to have to be very tricky ...... we'll see what it comes up like.

Meanwhile .......... Krivaks CIWS (called Kashtan) in the early commissioning stages.

KashtanCIWS.jpg

eestikas88 the link is not working

here is my

www.eddyd.be

i was working on this one for the aircraft carrier Kuznetsov

i dont have time for finished the model  sad_o.gif

here is my version of it   wink_o.gif   tounge2.gif

LOL .... yeh ... ok eestikas smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i was working on this one for the aircraft carrier Kuznetsov

Was that the old Kuznetsov or a new one eddy ?

Quote[/b] ]what things do you still have to do before you can make a release, beta or other

hmmmmmmmmmmmm .... probably too much.

Frigates x 2;

- Finish the Krivak - 1) remaining textures 2) bridge 3) weapons ...... so about 50% done

- Finish the OHP - A lot, only 10% done

Destroyers x 2;

- Both units 1) Bridge 2) weapons .... I guess about 50%

Subs x 2;

- Both; 1) Bridge 2) Custom UA Torpedos .... 80% done I guess

Patrol Boats x 2;

- 100% done, but need to get permissions because I used the base Mirage model

.... and no, I don't plan to do carriers at this stage although I am considering a couple of Sea Fighter (FSF1) types.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/sea-fighter.htm

Gnat there is a good lilttle script at OFPEC that lets helos to land on ships. Not sure if it works on moving ships though, would be a good start for you. biggrin_o.gif Looking good so far. Cant wait till we see a decent navy

sounds like your expanding on your original plan of kepping it simple.

lol ... what?! but that IS simple biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif ..... you havent seen the bridges yet, they are going to look like Ikea Kitchens .... all looking so much a like ! tounge2.gif

The benefit will be I may release the addons as ship type packs, ie a PBO for frigates, a PBO for subs etc .... the disadvantage will be possible double ups or dependancy for textures.

Quote[/b] ]there is a good lilttle script at OFPEC that lets helos to land on ships

Thanks Snoop, I'll check it out.

The landing deck will likely have to have a separate addon "floor" scripted into place (same as CIWS and Missile turrets) at the back of the ships, the normal Geo LOD structure of ships this long won't support the anything sitting there.

any news ? xmas_o.gif

Not much sorry, slow and steady, the texturing (even if it is mostly flat colours) is getting a little tough.

Did a bit more on the OHP.

Got a week and a half off, hopefully make a dent during that time.