Sign in to follow this  
sputnik monroe

Operation Flashpoint: secrets and oddities

I've been playing Flashpoint for 3 or 4 years now. I completed the original CWC campaign again today for the second time, and still there are a few things that remain a mystery to me.

The first is an alternate missions. If you use the shift alt minus campaign cheat there is a mission that shows up titled 05b.Strange Meeting. I haven't played the mission as I would like to unlock it the legit way. The mission appears to be an alternate for the famous 05a.After Montignac mission. How do you get this mission in the campaign normaly with out cheating?

The other one that springs to mind for me is combined arms. I saw in a post once some where that a guy claimed to have repelled the tank attack instead of retreating and that you would get a different ending for the mission that way. Playing through the campaign again I tried as hard as I could to take out the tanks but I just couldn't find enough AT weapons. Eventually the mission just ended anyway and went to a cut scene with General Blake yelling at me for not following orders.

The last thing I shall mention that is a Flashpoint mystery to me still is the house with an accessible attic. Like I said I've been playing for 3 or 4 years now. I know about the monolithic stones, the cannons in the mountains of Everon, Lenin in the sweat box and the slightly raunchy graffiti in the elevator shaft access on Nogova. How ever one thing eludes me as I have never found it. I've heard it mentioned that those buildings on the CWC islands that have attics, well I've heard that there is one that actually has access to the attic. I'm guessing a ladder through the chute in the ceiling. If you don't know which building type I'm talking about here are two shots.

This is a shot of the type of building from the outside

outside4yg.jpg

This is a shot inside of one where there is a hole to the attic. My guess is that the one I can't find has a ladder?      

inside7wi.jpg

Ok one more, I thought of while I was typing that up, (this is the last one for real). Many of the user made islands such as Winter Nogojev feature a enterable barracks building that is a BIS default. You know the one I'm talking about, you can walk inside of it and there is a bulletin board in the hallway with soviet pictures and what not on it. It's used a lot on the SEB nam pack island's SF base but with the bulletin board replaced with a texture less white. My question about this building is simple, where in the world does it exist on the stock BIS islands? It looks like a resistance expansion addition, though I can't find it on Nogova, not that there are any military bases on Nogova to begin with.

In addition to perhaps answering my questions, feel free to post any questions you might have or other mysteries or easter eggs you know of.

I don't know any of the things you mention as "widely known"

but if I'm not mistaken, just yesterday I died alot in the enterable barracks, it's used as a prison in the second mission of the Shadows of the Motherland campaign (and the mission is on Malden)

location is mentioned in this easter eggs thread

this is the most recent "hidden things" thread

just recently, I noticed that the Police Jeep from Resistance has an easter egg: its left rearview mirror shows an airplane passing by

The first is an alternate missions. If you use the shift alt minus campaign cheat there is a mission that shows up titled 05b.Strange Meeting. I haven't played the mission as I would like to unlock it the legit way. The mission appears to be an alternate for the famous 05a.After Montignac mission. How do you get this mission in the campaign normaly with out cheating?

After a bit of testing, I found out that the strange meeting mission takes place if your initial attempts to take montignac fail (Bravo and charlie squads die), and your squad has to retreat.

Quote[/b] ]

The last thing I shall mention that is a Flashpoint mystery to me still is the house with an accessible attic. Like I said I've been playing for 3 or 4 years now. I know about the monolithic stones, the cannons in the mountains of Everon, Lenin in the sweat box and the slightly raunchy graffiti in the elevator shaft access on Nogova. How ever one thing eludes me as I have never found it. I've heard it mentioned that those buildings on the CWC islands that have attics, well I've heard that there is one that actually has access to the attic. I'm guessing a ladder through the chute in the ceiling. If you don't know which building type I'm talking about here are two shots.

The only building I know with an accessible attic isn't like the one in your pictures, but a two-story (3 if you count the attic) Olive green building which can be found all over Malden, especially in the larger cities.

Yep, you must fail taking Montignac on "Montignac must fall" mission and retreat with your squad in the truck to unlock strange meeting.

Strange meeting is a very good mission but it may sometimes play really strange, like if your squad survives and reaches Morton they will all drop dead at a certain spot for no reason.

One time, one of the squad mates survived before reaching morton and we were told to evacuate to the extraction place and when we arrived there and the cutscene with Amstrong being captured started he shot all of them russians resulting in a very funny cutscene biggrin_o.gif .

About houses with extra floors and atics i have found that the squary ruin building in Kolgujev close to the ruined church has a perfectly working top floor but there is no ladder to access it, found it long time ago when i crashed a Kiowa into it and for some reason it didnt blow up.

Quote[/b] ] One time, one of the squad mates survived before reaching morton and we were told to evacuate to the extraction place and when we arrived there and the cutscene with Amstrong being captured started he shot all of them russians resulting in a very funny cutscene biggrin_o.gif .

When I went through this cutscene recently, during the part of the missions where the Resistance soldiers are supposed to come in, kill the Russians and rescue you, the Russians actually killed all the Resistance troopers and I just sat there in the tent while I waited for the mission to end!

About the cutscene where the resistance come to rescue you. One time one of them threw a grenade at the russians and nearly killed me.

The Military barracks is in a base on the Northern Side of Kolgujev. It is the one you have to escape from when you are taken prisoner as the pilot. You also fly over it in the (SP) mission where you have to attack the convoy in the apache. Also its the camp you attack in the SP Mission Bomberman.

On one of my islands, the Project_Fox one I made it so you can get on the top floor of that one ruined building. I have always wondered about that attic too, you could try using the

whole: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) +1] command to place yourself higher up on it.

Combined Arms I have never been able to beat by fending off the Tank Attack (Only in SP Mission Ambush)... Can't say I have really tried though there does seem to be a lack of AT weapons if I remember though. Its possible that the Abrams and M60 may be able to take out a few of them if you distract them long enough or maybe if you kill some friendly law soldiers. Either way I am sure its hard.

(And now to hit "Add Reply" after looking at various Easter Eggs on two different sites for the past 35 minutes)

In intrest of no spoiling everyones fun I'll just say a couple :P

There's an intresting texture at the top of the elevator shaft in the tallest buildings at Petrovice.

The larger churches/cathedrals are indestructable AFAIK.

There's an intresting texture at the top of the elevator shaft in the tallest buildings at Petrovice.

I don't get it. What is it that makes it so interesting?

I don't get it. What is it that makes it so interesting?

The text in the texture seems a little promiscuous, don't you think?

Love pussy? Wouldn't call that an oddity or a secret.  A picture of a pussy being loved would have at least caught my attention.

Love pussy? Wouldn't call that an oddity or a secret.  A picture of a pussy being loved would have at least caught my attention.

Hmm, that's along the lines of what I was expecting aswell. huh.gif No wonder i'ts never caught my attention. tounge2.gif

Love pussy? Wouldn't call that an oddity or a secret. A picture of a pussy being loved would have at least caught my attention.

I take it that you're not a fan a subtlety biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Love pussy? Wouldn't call that an oddity or a secret. A picture of a pussy being loved would have at least caught my attention.

In that case download Battle Over Hokkado. Get in the driver seat of the ambulance truck and look over at the left seat.

I take it that you're not a fan a subtlety  biggrin_o.gif

I am.

I see much more "suggestive" language on walls when I'm looking out my bedroom window.  tounge2.gif  After a while you just tune it out, it's just something you see every single day. Take a picture of a building to get a texture and chances are that you unintentionally capture some silly shit written by some troubled teenager.

Install FDFmod and take a look in the side view mirror of the Peugeot Boxer. That's an easter egg.  wink_o.gif

Maybe the attic was used for a cutscene with Guba when he makes his demands, 48 hours to retreat...

Perhaps you have already noticed a written piece of paper on the left side of the OH58's dashboard. Someone mentioned it is signed by Adammo which is completly right.

I could read some more of it...

First 2 words I couldn't read so lets begin after them.

(I try to write the words in same order then there)

(<...> = 1 word)

Start

<...> <...>

noticed that the MANUAL fire

option has been removed from

the MP maps while flying an

apache

it happened <...> the cobra

and other choppers had 0 no

longer works with the apache.

Adammo

End

The second part makes not too much sense for me but other words I couldn't get out.

Perhaps someone can correct me and or fullfill the statement.

Also don't forget the names Sith&Dna written over the humvee tires,and the Guys face at the nogova gas station signs.

not to mention the trees that change for christmas

<...> <...>

noticed that the MANUAL fire

option has been removed from

the MP maps while flying an

apache

it happened <...> the cobra

and other choppers had 0 no

longer works with the apache.

Adammo

Kiowa_Adammo.jpg

wink_o.gif

Ian what did you do to get this so clear? wow_o.gif

Asked Araon if he still have original uncompressed texture wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The last thing I shall mention that is a Flashpoint mystery to me still is the house with an accessible attic. Like I said I've been playing for 3 or 4 years now. I know about the monolithic stones, the cannons in the mountains of Everon, Lenin in the sweat box and the slightly raunchy graffiti in the elevator shaft access on Nogova. How ever one thing eludes me as I have never found it. I've heard it mentioned that those buildings on the CWC islands that have attics, well I've heard that there is one that actually has access to the attic. I'm guessing a ladder through the chute in the ceiling. If you don't know which building type I'm talking about here are two shots.

I'm going to answer that one right now: Not much up there. I've been up there, and there is just a couple support beams, that's it. At least, that's the house in Tyrone.

It was really easy to get up there, too.

this exec "camera.sqs"

I use that script for everything. inlove.gif

Well, that's one 'mystery' solved. smile_o.gif

I believe that if you start a unit up in that attic with the setpos command he'll just fall straight through. Like the top of the ruined church, it's useless.

That attic would be the kind of place i would expect a mad developer to place a nasty egg, like a corpse or something crazy_o.gif .

I know i would, its damn funny to find stuff like that.

I believe that if you start a unit up in that attic with the setpos command he'll just fall straight through. Like the top of the ruined church, it's useless.

You're right, I tried that and every time I fall through the wall.

Quote[/b] ]I know about the monolithic stones, the cannons in the mountains of Everon, Lenin in the sweat box and the slightly raunchy graffiti in the elevator shaft access on Nogova.

WHAT WHAT WHAT??!!

Nice stuff guys. I didn't notice that for years.

Would be great if you guys could include screenshots! smile_o.gif Can't wait to see that.