red oct

Music Recommendations

In all kind of situations: St.Germain

But...in some extraordinary situations: whistle.gif

- Norah Joens (home made compilation.)

The Raveonettes live on MTV atm... had forgotten about the whole band. Shame, it's good stuff!

How "ironic"... that Simpsons episode with the above quote just showed on telly today. tounge2.gif

I'm entering an electro house phase. I got Ministry of Sound's Electro House Sessions 2007, and now I'm listening to another compilation. Pretty similar to minimal techno which is my main poison

Recently picked up Buckcherry from some girl. Some new punk music, I like it.

Recently picked up Buckcherry from some girl. Some new punk music, I like it.

'Lit Up' is an awesome track smile_o.gif.

Recently I've gotten a thing for mellow (lounge, dance, whatever) covers of punk/classic/hard rock songs.

Guess it started with the Richard Cheese cover of Down With The Sickness.

But through Pandora I've discovered:

- Self Esteem by Cuban Boys (Offspring cover)

- Turn The Page by Sally Anthony (Bob Seger cover)

- Smells Like Teen Spirit by Abigail (Nirvana cover)

ANy one here listen to Django Rhienhart? He's a Belgian gypsy guitar player. Him and Stephan Grappeli are awseom guts from the time of the 30s to the late 40s. They ae awsome I like them a lot you should all isten to Drjango Rheinhart and Stephan Grapelli.

Also check out PEter Greens Fleetwood mack., It's so much better than whe nthey brought the chicks in. Man it's so awsome.

Also I suggest listening to the classics like BEatels ROllings Stones and the Beethoven and mozart guy.,

BE safe and no one kill eachother., Even if you are diggerent and don't like one another.

Like me I don't like the grunge or the disco but that doesn't mean I should fire bomb discos and kill kurt cocaine. (He killed him self anyway). I live in the land of grunge. People whe n I go places say "where are you from boy." I sayd "from the area around Seattle" then they say " Oh yeah Nirvana mad CUT COBAINE YEAH!" and I;m like "due kobain sucks you know HImi HIMrix is from seattle also and so is pearl jam haert and a that band whos name I forget and they are all 10 times better than Nirvana." LIke soundgarden too

I like dave grohls band the FOOD fightsers they are good though a for a new mand. Any one here listen to Wolfother and uh,..

Been listening to Neil Young a bit more recently, one of my favorites is a song called "Eldorado". It's from the album "Freedom" released in 1989 smile_o.gif It's a wonderfull song with lyrics that seem to tell an entire story with each line, one of my favorite parts:

Quote[/b] ]

The Tijuana dawn claims another day

The golden sun rises on the runway

The pilot understands

The money changes hands

Inside the jet the briefcase snaps

Goodbye

I love stuff like that smile_o.gif

Other Neil favorites of mine ATM:

<ul>

[*]Cortez the Killer

[*]Powderfinger

[*]Don't Let it bring you down

NINE INCH NAILS ALL THE WAY

Each album is a totally different style/concept, however remaining fricking brilliant every time, don't be put off the name, it's not a goth band, infact it isn't even a band it's one man (Trent Reznor) who writes it all, and is a genius.

Their reportoire of songs come under nearly all genres of music, but mainly coming under Industrial, Rock, Dance and others.

Albums:

Pretty Hate Machine: One way to describe the albums sound is 'dark pop' as it is catchy pop music with dark lyrics.

Broken: More an EP than an album, It has a distinct raw rock sound.

The Downward Spiral: Arguably NIN's best, It is a very experimental record with amazing atmosphere

The Fragile: Double disc album, It's basically art for the sake of art, instead of straightforward formulatically written songs.

If you enjoy music with very strong atmosphere this album is the way to go

With Teeth: A record with a new, significantly more optimistic sound, It has compact yet very powerful songs with amazing atmosphere yet again.

Year Zero: Not released yet, but after listening to the leaks of the songs it has shown some very catchy and atmospheric songs, and the theme that the album is about, A movie that doesnt exist, The lyrics are supposed to be from a first person perspective from a soldier from an elite infantry unit.

Coincidentally the songs I have heard from the album would suit ArmA vids extremely well, I suggest someone try them out if they are looking for a good soundtrack to their ArmA movie.

http://www.myspace.com/nin

Muse

Absolutely amazing composition, brilliant piano, awesome riffs, their songs are the most epic songs you will ever hear.

Showbiz: A record with an indie sound, not as epic as what they later would become, but full of atmospheric songs, and very suprising talent for the band being at such a young age when this was released

Origin of Symmetry: This was the milestone at where Muse had found their definitive sound, which was like nothing around at the time, and still any imitation's of their sound will never be matched at the same level that they had accomplished

Absolution: The album where they became better known in the states, and significantly better known in the UK than before, Full of Epic smash hits, with blistering piano and guitar riffs.

Black Holes and Revelations: The band have gone in more of a pop direction with their latest release, covering areas that they were previously uncomfortable with and going out on a leg with the singles, which were received much better than they expected them to be.

http://www.myspace.com/muse

Other newish bands that I can recommend that I think will do well in the future:

Enter Shikari - their new song Anything can happen in the next half hour is a killer song

Madina Lake - can't say i'm too fond but I can see them being popular among pop punk fans, fans of lostprophets e.t.c

30 Seconds to Mars - A rarity to see a band led by an actor to be so good, they have only just recently been noticed in the UK so maybe I am a bit late to hear about them, I know they released their debut album 2 years ago.

Quote[/b] ]In all kind of situations: St.Germain

Still, I think that their first Album "Boulevard" is still the best.

Now for a little change on to something completely different biggrin_o.gif

You like Chemical Brothers ? You like Starwars ?

Play it loud !

Empire galvanized

This is part of a DJ remix project, so no legal issues there.

Couple of bands I'm listening to at the moment.

Enter Shikari

The Blackout

Bring Me The Horizon

The Devil Wears Prada

Senses Fail

All are very good. I've seen Senses Fail and Enter Shikari live. ES are proper awesome live, was the best gig I've been to. Got my tickets to see Bring Me and Blackout, day after each other aswell which is well good.

Guest Ti0n3r

I added some new songs to my bands site. Maybe someone will like them smile_o.gif

---> Contradictive @ myspace.com

My music is more depressive then yours.Sometimes i'm pleased if i'm loaded by such music. But all in all, i like it: DVAR,Das Ich,Lacrimosa

Are you bragging about listening to more depressing music than others?  huh.gif

Okkkkk....

*cough*emo*cough*

Sorry...Must be the chill in the air

Bordoy, I'm gonna have to give Enter Shikari's stuff a listen. They were mentioned in this month's Mixmag so that's a plus wink_o.gif

(Heeowj electronica addict here tounge2.gif )

You cant slag off emo if you're then going to go and listen a screamo band...Its basically the same thing.

You cant slag off emo if you're then going to go and listen a screamo band...Its basically the same thing.

Enter Shikari mix euphoric hard dance, punk, metal, trance among others.

They're not "screamo", just like they're not "emo" or "dance". They're a mix, and one I like the sound of, mainly because I like electronica, but also because their stuff is refreshing

My music is more depressive then yours.Sometimes i'm pleased if i'm loaded by such music. But all in all, i like it: DVAR,Das Ich,Lacrimosa

Are you bragging about listening to more depressing music than others?  

Okkkkk....

*cough*emo*cough*

Sorry...Must be the chill in the air

Bordoy, I'm gonna have to give Enter Shikari's stuff a listen. They were mentioned in this month's Mixmag so that's a plus  

(Heeowj electronica addict here    )

Shashman, what makes you think this is emo?

Because listening to depressing music is what emos do? It's known as "emo", whiney teenagers crying and screaming about how much their life sucks.

Get a haircut. Join the Army!

icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, you don`t really understand what I am about. Emo it`s emo. They are crying and make another funny things. But my music is not "crying" music,it`s not emo, but just secret,dark sounds I would say. It makes big difference wink_o.gif But techno I like too smile_o.gif

Laura - Release me

Featured in the new SAAB 95 Anniversary Edition commercial, that can be found

Download the song from SAABs website (ie: legal tounge2.gif) here.

It's definately worth listening too smile_o.gif

erm, all the people that are so bothered about whether something is 'emo' or not, are just insecure.

There are a lot of bands that get labeled 'emo' and they sound nothing like each other!

You have to distinguish the difference between 'emo music' and an 'emo kid', they are not the same thing/interlinked with each other.

It seems that anything that is melodramatic/depressing suddenly becomes 'emo' because of frickin hearsay and the term being thrown about by the averagely intelligent person.

Take Enter Shikari for instance, They are partly post-hardcore, a genre that is commonly mistaken by pretty much most people for 'emo', and have mixed it with electronica and trance which is thought to be a genre of music that 'scallies' or 'chavs' listen to.

The lyrics are still overtly sentimental, with one song describing the metaphor of a 'curtain coming down' on a boy who can't get

the attention of a girl who he is attracted to.

Yet, the melodramatic lyrics being a trademark of what would be defined as 'emo' (which is all that ever does attract any band being defined that) it is cancelled out by being and original sound, and the songs being written originally and full of energy.

You should not be insecure about music and if corresponds to your background or whether you want to be seen listening to it.

It doesnt matter what genre it is, you still should be trying it and taking into account whether it is good and worth a listen.

notworthy.gif Hear this all!:

The debute album from Airut finally released!

The Finnish metal band Airut, known from their music in the FDFmod, has finally relesed their debute album Langennut.

The album is available from <a href="http://www.levyvirasto.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_66&products_id=1520&language=en

" target="_blank">Levyvirasto</a>, either in CD and downloadable MP3's.

welcome.gif