Sign in to follow this  
JamieOFPFiles

New Screenshots

You said it Ben!  If only the code is updated and optimized, and (as a bonus) a few rough edges are removed, gameplay will be improved by magnitudes.  (Go BIS Go!... They really need an emoticon for 'chant' smile_o.gif  )

It has ruined my enjoyment of other games.

I agree 100% with that remark. I try other games but nothing whatsoever compares to OFP. Armed Assault for me is the icing on a very tasty cake. Game2 will be the birthday present we all wanted for so long    biggrin_o.gif

(Go BIS Go!... They really need an emoticon for 'chant' smile_o.gif )

This - notworthy.gif one is quite acceptable by us wink_o.gif

It has ruined my enjoyment of other games.

I agree 100% with that remark. I try other games but nothing whatsoever compares to OFP. Armed Assault for me is the icing on a very tasty cake. Game2 will be the birthday present we all wanted for so long biggrin_o.gif

Yes indeed,after playing OFP it seems other games are more of a joke,teamwork on other games,bwhahha don't make me laugh.

Yeah lots of people are bickering about eye candy "oh why can't it be more like bf2's stuff" well lets see...bf2 maps are always teh same,closed off in a small area,64 people max and only 2-4 tanks on each level and a few APC's plus vehicles,(and whoever say the physics are god on that game are dead wrong,I once saw a guy in a MEC van drive into a LAV and flip it,the LAV I mean,anyway) The more eye candy in graphics the more lag your gonna get and the less units,lots of people these days depend on eye candy thus won't even give OFP a thought to try out,even though much of the community made stuff exceeds what game companie's have made.

The only eye candy I would like would be lighting and since they already have that down,woo,the whole "objects casting shadows" is a plus,kinda tired of movin around and only the vehicle base is casting a shadow,however these will all no doubt be options so you can have AA looking much like OFP or AA looking more like uh...AA...?

Anyway the point remains,more eye candy the more lag and not everybodies computer is the same so that causes a major major problem.

Since we are sort of on the topic of MP and there aren't any other threads about MP I'd like to state this,I hope the game does not A. make you have to pay money to make a server and B. does not such a strict "swearing" thing,sure I can understand swearing is bad but ya know,you got a kid playing a game where their killin people,and parents let their kids play games like GTA but oh how dare you if you swear infront of them on a killing game,shame shame....anyway,reason I'm stating this is cause believe it or not,I got banned for saying "dam" no it wasn't a cussword cover up,the phrase was- "Somebody needs to get the helicopter on the dam before they do"- *punt,smack,boot* banned,I'm just hoping this doesn't make its way in.

Since we are sort of on the topic of MP and there aren't any other threads about MP I'd like to state this,I hope the game does not A. make you have to pay money to make a server and B. does not such a strict "swearing" thing,sure I can understand swearing is bad but ya know,you got a kid playing a game where their killin people,and parents let their kids play games like GTA but oh how dare you if you swear infront of them on a killing game,shame shame....anyway,reason I'm stating this is cause believe it or not,I got banned for saying "dam" no it wasn't a cussword cover up,the phrase was-  "Somebody needs to get the helicopter on the dam before they do"- *punt,smack,boot* banned,I'm just hoping this doesn't make its way in.

Either I've missed something, or you know much more about BIS' plans for ArmA. What would lead you to think BIS are even CONSIDERING such things, given their track record of OFP servers generally being free (unless you rent a 3rd party server of course), or for that matter, them having a word-filter. This is easily over-come by using 3rd party voice-communications applications such as Ventrilo or Teamspeak (although I highly recommend the former, as TeamSpeak is a little low in terms of codec quality).

On a side note, I'm very glad BIS fixed the "shadow bug" that really angered me about OFP - the bug where if you're cresting a ridge, with the sun behind you, your shadow "floats" in mid air and stretches through the air down to the ground where it casts. Another annoying lighting bug I disliked in OFP was the ability to turn object shadows off, but still see player/avatar shadows, which has got me killed in MP a few times, due to players being able to see my shadow on the ground, when I've been in a building unseen.

I'm glad the weapons aren't smeared in olive oil and glitter like all the addon makers seem to do. It is a very good balance between non reflection and detail.

Also the UH-60L is in proper proportion to it's pilots. They are not children unable to see over the controls like in OFP1.

Also it looks like an M1A1 is on fire, without being crumpled up randomly smile_o.gif Very nice.

Looking very very very good BIS. I seriously will have your babies. All of them.

Quote[/b] ]More screenshots and news will be available soon together with the new version of our official Armed Assault website.

I wonder when will the new site be up, i cant wait to see more goodies smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]More screenshots and news will be available soon together with the new version of our official Armed Assault website.

I wonder when will the new site be up, i cant wait to see more goodies smile_o.gif .

Where did you find that information?

*ponders about a release date*

November? December?

Does everybody else here think it will be released this year as well?

Where did you find that information?

last news on http://armedassault.com. wink_o.gif

November? December?

I'd be guessin december,gets the xmas rush n all that.

This is looking good! With screenshots like this can't wait till they show us what the AI and the enviroment can do tounge2.gif

notworthy.gif

just reading on www.simhq.com a little article about OFP. Seems they will have a detailed ArmA preview coming soon(their words not mine whistle.gif )

Isn't it about time for some new screens now? I would like to see at least weekly screens. Considering how late in development this should be. An actual trailer wouldn't be totally out of place.

The amount of PR for a game soon to be released is a bit low imho.

marcus

They are currently busy with OFP:E - hopefully once it goes gold all marketing attention will turn to ArmA

I would like to see at least weekly screens.

Now that is quite demanding, don't you think wink_o.gif

Now that is quite demanding, don't you think  wink_o.gif

A screenshot a week keeps the fans pleased wink_o.gif .

November?  December?

Im not that optimistic, March/April would be more likely to me, maybe February if were real lucky, with OPF:E coming in November i dont think they would want to make both games "compete" wink_o.gif . Now they focus on OPF:E, after that they will focus on ARMA to ensure both games do has good has they possibly can. Its seems very obvious why BIS is so quiet about arma atm smile_o.gif .

Now that is quite demanding, don't you think  wink_o.gif

Compared to other AAA titles it's not.

I mean BF2 had like 200 screens a week smile_o.gif.

The more hype this gets the better it will sell by pre-order.

Here's an idea. They can give a beta to some dedicated fan and let him do the fanboi marketing smile_o.gif.

Btw. I missed the post which said it was postponed to april next year. Then the lack makes more sense. Wonder if this means Game2 comes even later then?

marcus

I wouldn't be surprised if that was possible in Game2. With the larger scale I guess they will use a more dynamic engine.

marcus

That is just one of the dead trees from Nogova I think. You can find them out in the desert most commonly.

Now that is quite demanding, don't you think wink_o.gif

Compared to other AAA titles it's not.

I mean BF2 had like 200 screens a week smile_o.gif.

The more hype this gets the better it will sell by pre-order.

Here's an idea. They can give a beta to some dedicated fan and let him do the fanboi marketing smile_o.gif.

Btw. I missed the post which said it was postponed to april next year. Then the lack makes more sense. Wonder if this means Game2 comes even later then?

marcus

I'm perfectly aware of what other titles have done and do. wink_o.gif

It was the " at least" part that made it demanding in my eyes. It implied screens more then just once aweek in the way it was written. tounge2.gif

Compering it to BF2 in regards to this is not in the same ballpark considering we don't even know who the publisher is yet.

And I see one piece of speculation is already starting to settle in as "the word"..... icon_rolleyes.gif

The less pre-release hype, the less flood of whiners to the forum post-release. smile_o.gif