Sign in to follow this  
crave22

WWI Mod

Hi, no I unfortunalty have no access to Janes Fighting Ships, i am using the plans in a book from a german Author Siegfried Beyer.

Jane's is worthless, really. All it supplies is one crude line profile of each class of warship, which isn't really good. There's another book which is far better; I'll have to see if I can find a copy. Looking good, Shinkansen wink_o.gif.

Moaning might be allowed in your reserve line so-called trenches, captain, but in my frontline section, which begins here by the way *draws a line on the ground* it is considered a revolt and I will personally shoot any morons trying to do it. At this section, the staff sergeant, me, is the king, not the company commander, you... Sir!

As for the mission ideas, how about a "nonstop" mission of trench warfare, which could in theory last for years? I mean, a nice piece of trench section, a nice piece of enemy trenches, some random attacks from the enemy side, guard duty, and of course, a sleeping script that will skip time and save, while the sleep might get short because of an enemy attack. Not sure if it'd be possible though, but you can't say it wouldn't be nice!

When the Company Commander is me, a Major who fought in the "Retreat from Mons" and has seen terrible things break his men both physically and mentally, unless Staff Sergeant you want to argue with my Webley at two paces, I'd keep quiet! tounge2.gif. The soldier from Canada was quite justified in what he said. Okay, enough role-playing for now...

For all other questions i refer you to The Honourable Lt-Colonel TyphoonSG1, CO the Somme Fusiliers, OFP Brigade tounge2.gif.

That's quite a nifty idea, actually, Dynamite_cow. The only limit to the mission time is how good you are at staying alive through the sporadic bombardments and charges. I wonder if it's possible...

@staff sgt wannabe

Settle down or I'll shoot you for insubordination to a superior and having a hissy fit on the battlefield which i find unbecoming of a soldier.  mad_o.gifpistols.gif

@staff sgt wannabe

Settle down or I'll shoot you for insubordination to a superior and having a hissy fit on the battlefield which i find unbecoming of a soldier.  mad_o.gif  pistols.gif

rofl.gif

God, that is great. Nice one. tounge2.gif

@Dynamite_cow

I like the idea of a never ending mission like that. Of course, you get tons of save points because:

A: It's a long mission.

B: Considering all the MG fire and enemy attacks, you're lucky to survive one day.

C: It is a loooong mission. (Am I repeating myself? tounge2.gif )

You see, sir, there is no one in this little command bunker right now. I've heard strange things happening in situations where two men sit in a bunker and one has a rifle... Of course, things like that don't happen in my section, but you never know... Strange times we live in...

As I said, a mission like that could, in theory, last more than the Great War actually did. To keep it interesting, maybe the player would have to pay a visit in the mess hall every now and then... Also, some conversations with other soldiers would be cool. Now, first we need trenches the AI can walk in at least tolerably.

Some Objects for a ww1 winter map. The OFP Somme WW1 Mod is still looking for an interested Addon Maker who can help us in creating a winter map.

pic107tq.jpg

pic117hf.jpg

Wow! notworthy.gif

Can't wait to storm those trenches!

Yeah, remember you're going over the top first, Staff Sergeant. <<Waves Webley menacingly>>.

Nice work, Shinkansen smile_o.gif.

Yeah, remember you're going over the top first, Staff Sergeant. <<Waves Webley menacingly>>.

I'll be pleased to... sir. *Loads M1897 Trench Gun one-handed*

Shikansen, your planes almost make me want to use 'em.

Wonderful looking submarine, very nice job on those last batch of addons smile_o.gif

Looks a bit small compared to the soldier, even when that soldier is closer to the camera. That type of German ..... tank was really gigantic.