Sign in to follow this  
crave22

WWI Mod

Hello, everybody! Recently, Typhoon started Operation Somme, a mod for ofp which takes place during WWI. We invite the ofp community to visit the site and join the forum to post your ideas and suggestions and apply for a position on the team. Please feel free to contact either Typhoon or myself for any information about the mod. If you feel you can help, go to the site and send Typhoon an e-mail.

Thanks to Shinkansen, we currently have planes in beta testing. Please stick around for more news.

So please, come and check it out!

New Site! (Currently Only Forums)

Post any questions, comments, or ideas here or on the forum there. Thanks! wink_o.gif

I'd love to see a ww1 mod made.

But, I'm saving my enthusiasm for an actual start on the mod and some pics of works in progress first.

should be pretty cool looking, after all, wasn't OFP designed for large formations of troops dashing across fields? So that should make the battles look real, good luck with it

There is/was a ww1 mod already in progress called over the top.

Look here;

and here.

Maybe you could work with them if they are still in existence or if not carry on their work to save you wasting time and effort. Good luck with your mod.

Ya, I remember No Man's Land and that (as well as other come and go mods) is kinda why it's hard to get excited when a new mod pops up.

Quote[/b] ]model designers, a texturer or two, and a mapper

That's the thing, if you dont have staff, you dont have a mod...you have an idea for a mod.

wonder if that terror in nomansland mod staff still have these addons...this new mod could continue with it.i really think that mods should cooperate and work for results not for copyrights.

if they say no then i'm dissapointed. sad_o.gif

Hi,

i have made all the addons of the former ww1 mod beside a vickers MG and some hand weapons and the portugese ww1 soldiers made by MIG2003. This old mod stopped a long time before, because (as usually) I was the only member doing something and ww1 topic will bring along a lot of problems like multiple gun positions in the tanks and the flying abilities of the airplanes and so on....

But if there is an interest I can try to dig them out, I think somewhere I should have all the files.

@Shinkansen

Yeah, we could probably use some help with that if you can dig it up. If not, that's fine. If you want, you can e-mail Typhoon, but he can't get back to you for a while. Lucky guy is on holiday. tounge2.gif

I'm just the news guy/forum mod/possible island maker. You should talk to him instead. biggrin_o.gif

ww1 topic will bring along a lot of problems like multiple gun positions in the tanks and the flying abilities of the airplanes and so on...

Curiously I remember a long time ago sci-fi mod making a video showing off multiple gun positions of a ww1-style-looking tank for their Warhammer 40k mod... also some progress has been done in terms of multiple gun positions... even if it's just to be used on flat terrains... I'd love to drive some of the old Mark-I's, Mark-IV's, A7V's and St.Chamonds around... but hey! Don't forget the single-weapon tankettes like the Renault Ft-17's!!! thumbs-up.gif

hey smile_o.gif im Anzac mod leader of Over the top "terror in No mans land" .. well all my members just diapeared but id be glad to join you and donate my Models .. ive released a Vickers HMG which your welcome to use ... smile_o.gif my email is oddball_6@hotmail.com ...

Great! Go ahead over to the website and check it out. Sign up for the forums if you like. I'll tell Typhoon to e-mail you or you can e-mail him. Thanks for the offer! wink_o.gif

If you don't even know what the first tanks were called, why make a mod (as your website says) It would make a bit of sense to do at least a little research first...instead of just randomly deciding to make a mod, ya know?

AFAIK the first tank was just called a Tank :P The British took to calling it a tank, so that the Germans would think it was a water tank if they intercepted a transmission, until they unleashed their new weapon. Thats where the term Tank comes from. I dont know if it had any "special" name at that point  smile_o.gif

"The Thing"

"The big steel thing"

"The big thing that kicks our ass"

i think that some germans thought like that rofl.gif

actully the very first time us brits unleashed the tank on the germans front line there was reports of german soldiers fleeing there trenches screaming 'the devil is coming! the devil is coming!' or somthing along thoughs lines tounge2.gif

Just another useless fact i picked up watching summin on discovery channel i think. tounge2.gif

The first tank was nicknamed 'Little Willy', then it changed to 'Big Willy'. It had a Daimler engine, and its top speed was 3mph on flat ground, 2mph on battlefield conditions. However, it couldn't cross trenches at that early stage (Thank you Discovery Channel biggrin_o.gif )

I've been doing a little research here and there, but the site isn't registered to my name so I can't modify it. wink_o.gif

"The Thing"

"The big steel thing"

"The big  thing that kicks our ass"

i think that some germans thought like that rofl.gif

memoirs of WW1 soldiers (both German and English) show that the very first tanks were not very effective

they easily got stuck and were a rather easy target

memoirs of WW1 soldiers (both German and English) show that the very first tanks were not very effective

they easily got stuck and were a rather easy target

Handy fact I learnt from somewhere wink_o.gif

Out of the 50 tanks ordered to attack the Somme, 24 actually arrived there. The rest had brocken down on the way and had to be taken back to be repaired.

That was before thay even went into battle tounge2.gif

Yeah, they were more or less pieces of crap. But they were the first of their kind, and if it weren't for those scrap piles we wouldn't have these beautiful beasts today.

@Khalid

What the hell has that got to do with a WWI mod? confused_o.gif Anyway, so you don't post it anywhere else OFP is mostly made as a ground combat game. Planes are only there mainly for support. I'm gonna sound like a mod, but please, post in the correct topic, man. icon_rolleyes.gif