Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

That looks sweet... not the same though as the magazine I mentioned shows on Marines' rifles (designated TA31 RCO methinks), different model maybe? huh.gif

It has couple of fairly good pics of it though, I can try to scan the article for you if you want. "Try" because the glossy paper might affect the result a bit. confused_o.gif

If you could try to scan them I'd appreciate it, thanks.

To me it seems that the mountbase is a bit weak. The thingies that are actually holding on the rail are a bit thin aren't they?

i think that thats the USMC reticle one

ACF65.jpg

also i think that those back up sights topside are an extra

Sure that looks like it.

acogarticle001rw7.jpg

That's the first opening of the article, got most of it scanned now (still 2 pages to go, out of 8). That's pretty much the pic of it, there are some more featuring the scope but they're all on rifles and fairly small (4-5 inches wide the next one, close-up on a shot ACOG). I can still pack it for you in full size if you want to, but if not I'd rather not do it, since the pics are around 8+ megs unedited .jpg, something like 2500x3400 to 1200x1500, depending what the scanner software thought would be "optimal"... unless you want to just read the article. tounge2.gif

Cheers.

I'll remove the backup iron-sight of the TA31G (the one with the fibre-optics). I'm also planning to edit the mount further, as I'm still not happy with it (ever the perfectionist).

@BlackScorpion: Thanks for the ACOG scan, the rest wont be necessary as I've been hooked up with some really nice source images. Thanks for the scan though and the offer for the other images wink_o.gif

I've edited the ACOG mount and have begun applying the model to various rifles within the pack. Check out a couple of screenshots of it on the M4A1 below:

IMAGE 1 (First Person)

IMAGE 2 (Third Person - Front)

I've left the FPS counter in to show how, despite their poly-count, they don't have a huge impact on performance. Also worthy of note is that the island the shots were taken on is VBS1's TP3 Samawah which is a relatively laggy bastard of an island anyway (very urbanised and built up, so I average 30-40FPS at the best of times).

I've left the FPS counter in to show how, despite their poly-count, they don't have a huge impact on performance.

We all doesn't afford a Å2500 computer from AlienWare smile_o.gif

Looks great, keep it up! smile_o.gif

Hi, hey jackal, i think that the red glases on booth the Aimpoints and Acog sights will look better if u'll use the back glass texture in the same colour (blueish) than the WW3 Galil Sniper, the weapons will look better.

WW3 Galil Sniper:

ww3_galil.jpg

Is much less noticeable that when you look from the front, whatever object behind the glasses dissapear; plus that i think that's closer to the red tone of a scope, the colour of they'r glass.

And about the glass fiver iluminated ACOG reticles... that's not an army standard, the standard is the ACOG TA01NSN, that comes with the backup iron sight. Only some operatives use that other model, but that's a personal option, not a standard. Let's C ya

also i think that those back up sights topside are an extra

The one with the light-catcher thingy can't take the backupsight because there is no room for a front post because of the light-catcher thingy. However, there are now Acog scopes with a mini-holosight on top for backup. Looks freaky but works.

And about the glass fiver iluminated ACOG reticles... that's not an army standard, the standard is the ACOG TA01NSN, that comes with the backup iron sight. Only some operatives use that other model, but that's a personal option, not a standard. Let's C ya

Its not army standard, but I believe it is standard for the USMC

...However, there are now Acog scopes with a mini-holosight on top for backup. Looks freaky but works.

You mean like:

DASQUADE_ACOG_Doctor.jpg

(Model/Textures courtesy of Dasquade once again).

A variation of this may very well make it into the pack (time-permitting).

As for the lens colouration, I've edited the lenses on the ACOG and the Aimpoints since the last version, I think they'll be fine as they are.

@Wipman: If that screenshot had been taken any further away I'd been harder pressed to even make out the scope, let alone what colour it is. Thanks anyway though.

Hi, i just was trying to help, nad looking at that ACOG... you've won cleanly the "Weapons Master SJB_326Jackal" tittle you're now in the top 3.

#1: Suchey.

#2: SJB_Jackal326.

#3: Inquisitor.

If you keep in that way soon you'll take the Suchey's place on the championship. >>;-) let's C ya

i was always under the impression that Suchey was responsible for the units, where as Earl made the weapons (if you're refering to the marine assault pack)

Me too, I think earl was the weps man (As can also be seen by his ak's in VBS1).

Jackal, looking good thumbs-up.gif

Are you going to fix the M93r slide? Its suppose to be mostly flat near the end of the slide and not curvy/round like the m9.

Anyone else notice the weird aiming point / zero on the M249 series? To hit a target I have to put it almost half-way down the front post, completely blocking the view so I can't even see if I did hit it. This is true even at close range. I honestly can't even use the iron sighted M249s.

Just curious if it was a known issue or not. The rest of the pack is top notch smile_o.gif

@Oyman: Its now on my (ever DECREASING in length) 'To-Do' list, thanks for pointing it out.

@450R: I can't say I've ever noticed it myself, and I can't remember anyone ever having said something about it. I'll look into it.

On another note, I've redone the LR300s (they're not a 5min job now, they're actually looking pretty swish), as well as having re-done the SR25s and SPRs. Basically I had to re-do all of the other rifles based around the M4A1 model, as I'd lightened the textures - compare shots of my v1.1 pack with those from the FFUR M4A1s (which use my updated textures) and you'll see a great difference.

All that remains to do is to take a look at the Beretta 93R models, create new camo textures for the M4A1s, code a few remaining weapons and variants, and then create inventory images. I've got this entire week off of work, so hopefully I'll have some time to get these remaining things done.

i was always under the impression that Suchey was responsible for the units, where as Earl made the weapons (if you're refering to the marine assault pack)

I confirm that. Suchey did the soldiers and Earl did the weapons the MAP. So it's indeed Earl's Acog. I was on the beta-tester team back than.

@jackel;

good to hear about the progess!! Keep up the good work mate!

For Earl fans like myself smile_o.gif , you can see some preview screenshots from all his released weapons in different games and mods in his revamped (very simplified) modwork website.

More work from the master in upcoming BIS games smile_o.gif

Holy Crap! I just peed my pants looking at the ACOG Model in Editor!

Looks so tuff! Holy mommy kudos mate! notworthy.gif

Glad you like the ACOG Myxale, and I'm sure Drill Sergeant is glad you like it too wink_o.gif.

As big a fan of Earl and Suchey's work as I myself am, this isn't the place to be discussing it smile_o.gif

I've just posted some shots of the updated (read: re-done from the ground up) LR-300s and the SR25 MKIIs. Check them out below:

The 'new' LR-300 w/ ACOG

The 'new' SR25 MKII