Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

Hmm, thats a very strange error (one I've never heard of anyone encountering, and not just with my weapons pack - I've not heard of that particular error full-stop). Is "Bad file format in p3d file" EXACTLY what it says? Perhaps post a screenshot to be sure. You have downloaded v1.1 and not v1.0 correct?

Hmm, I'm going to talk you through a slight config edit to test a theory I have about what might be causing the error. I'll make it fairly simple as I've no idea of your confg knowledge and it can be easy to get lost (I'm not patronising you, just making it easy to follow).

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Step 1: DePBO the SJB_TOSM4_cpp.pbo file.

Step 2: Open the resulting folder and look for the config.cpp file (shouldn't be hard to find, its practically the only file in there).

Step 3: Backup the config.cpp file as you're about to edit it.

Step 4: Once you've found the file, look for one of the effected weapons (for my example I'll use the PSG1, so run a search for "SJB_TOS_PSG1: SniperRiffle" minus the quotation marks - this will ensure you go to the correct part where the rifle itself is defined.

Step 5: With the PSG1 define, which if you've followed Step 3 correctly you should now be looking at, look for the line:

modelOptics="\SJB_Optics\optika_m24.p3d";

Step 6: Once you've found the line in Step 5, edit "\SJB_Optics\optika_m24.p3d"; to read "\data3d\optika_snpierw.p3d"; Note: The mis-spelling is deliberate, its how BIS named it.

Step 7: Save the config.cpp

Step 8: RePBO the 'SJB_TOSM4_cpp' folder and test.

If the PSG1 now works, its a problem with SJB_Optics.pbo and I'll be able to upload a known-working version for you. If however it doesn't work, I am out of ideas.

I have don't have any "config knowledge", so your "step by step guide" is the right thing for me. Unfortunately UnPBO tells me it is unable to unpack your PBOs. huh.gif

P.S.: I added you to my MSN list.

unpbo isnt brillaint to say the least... search for winpbo or pbobox on ofp.info, those are better

PBOx is the best to use thats what i use and it works fine unpbo only works on un encrypted files which SJB_TOS is not tounge2.gif

PBOx is good, fa sure, but MikePBO, despite having a barely functional interface and not being able to compress files, is FAR quicker. Plus it can crack the locked PBOs sent our way by our Russian friends.

With the help of Drill Sergeant (who recently released a huge pack of unfinished models) I've found a replacement for the old ACOG model (and maybe for the Reflex too, I need to chekc it out properly). Unfortunately the pack cotained unmapped/untextured models, so I spent a brief amount of time this afternoon texturing the ACOG (as well as working extensively on the model to cut down on poly count by removing unseen faces, as well as modifying the majority of the structure to make the scope see-through, as has become the SJB standard.

The link below will show you a quick series of screenshots from 3 different angles I took and combined into one JPG

CLICK ME

The texture mapping still isn't final, nor is the mounting bracket which needs to be tweaked to fit the rails of the rifles upon which the ACOG will be mounted.

Yay. This looks Geat. Looking forward to see that with better textures.

Scope looks sexy biggrin_o.gif

Keep the good work up, can't wait for release wink_o.gif

its amazing what i tell u on msn isnt it jackal u know my thoughts on that ACOG

btw, some acogs have that "light catcher" (dunno the correct word for it), could that be done?

Greets Evers

I'm assuming you mean the fibre-optic "tube" which appears red in THIS SCREENSHOT (model courtesy of Dasquade). It will be included on various versions too hopefully.

yup that's it smile_o.gif

That's cool Jackal, because when I see normal ACOGs without that Fibre thingy, it seems to me that sth is missing smile_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

inlove.gif

could anyone shed 'light' as to what the fibre optic is for? Its always baffled me crazy_o.gif

its for lighting the illuminate reticle when there is ambient light on models such as the ta 31 the ta01 only has normal style reticle and tritium illumination  i'll post links to show what i mean

TA01

TA31

Yeah, too bad the ACOG can't get into it's full potential in OFP. In real life, it's meant as an sort of universal optic; when using it with both eyes open and consentrating on the target, not the scope image, you actually have a high-detail Aimpoint in use. I've tried the thing with my 3-7x non-illuminated rifle scope against litten/light colored "targets" (white door, computer screen) and it works. The function is explained fairly well in Guns & Ammo: Combat Arms magazine I have... basically the brains layer the images and you have one image, basically your normal view, with a crosshair in the middle of it... somewhat freaky actually!

Great progress man... good luck. I think we can still wait, quality in quantity.

Yeah, too bad the ACOG can't get into it's full potential in OFP. In real life, it's meant  as an sort of universal optic; when using it with both eyes open and consentrating on the target, not the scope image, you actually have a high-detail Aimpoint in use. I've tried the thing with my 3-7x non-illuminated rifle scope against litten/light colored "targets" (white door, computer screen) and it works. The function is explained fairly well in Guns & Ammo: Combat Arms magazine I have... basically the brains layer the images and you have one image, basically your normal view, with a crosshair in the middle of it... somewhat freaky actually!

Great progress man... good luck. I think we can still wait, quality in quantity.

firing with both eyes open is a technique that alows you to fire your weapon and still remain fully aware of what's happening around you, since your field of view is still the normal wide angle. This technique was first used for CQB and is becomming more and more popular. It requires some time to get used to it though.

Interesting to note is that the police in my country also learns to fire their weapon (Walther P5 and in the near future Glock17) with both eyes open. I'm not sure about the military.

just stare at the front post with one eye adn use the other eye to find a target then fire simple as although i admit take a while to get used to though i have no idea where this is going for the thread

I know that from my Aimpoint but i don't think that it will work with a scope with magnification.

Quote[/b] ]basically the brains layer the images

But maybe its just about that tounge2.gif

As said, atleast does with my rifle scope. And it's small, only 28mm in diameter. Dunno how much the illumination helps, but I'd say heck of a lot. Just tested it just for sure, and well, I'm seeing the "target" (painting on wall this time) with my left eye and my right eye sees the magnified image basically on top of the "real 1x" painting. The images differ few cm's though, depending on magnification, but for a human sized target, that 1cm doesn't matter when pointed at the center of mass.

Sorry for OT Jackal. icon_redface.gif

SJB_FO_ACOG.jpg

I created the ACOG with the "fibre-optic" light-gathering attachment thing tounge2.gif. Textures courtesy of Dasquade.