Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

crazy_o.gif modular uzis what next pimped m134's? crazy_o.gif

jackal could maybe do those if persuaded enough

Jackel

215/1001 posts in this topics is made by Jackal, but you still can't spell it?

huh.gif

Have you seen the east asia(forgot the country) modified Special Forces grease guns the had build in sound suppressors.

STGN

Quote[/b] ]@Freshman: I'm making a lot of effort in the config.cpp area to try and make the pack as realisitc as possible. I'll hook you up with a BETA (when its ready) so you can advise me further. Also, I was sure I had replied to your PM, apologises if it didn't get there and/or if I didn't send it

Thank you. Looking forward to test it thumbs-up.gif

No problem with the PM. Maybe it just didn't come through...

@Dasquade: If the OFP engine could accomodate ot, this pack would have been done 12 months ago. Sadly though, we'll have to wait until at least Game2, as I doubt Armed Assault will include such features. Anyway, there is a place and time for that discussion, this thread aint it. wink_o.gif

@cobra@pulse et al: As much as I pride myself on trying to give the community what they want (even if it takes me freakin' ages), the whole "swap a weapon via script to simulate adding/removing an optic" is not something I plan, nor have the inclination to include. If so desired, missions makers can script this themselves for their individual scenarios.

@ch_123/Messiah: I'll see what I can do about the Uzi for future versions.

@STGN: Yes I've seen them (can't remember the country either)

Dont worry jackal, wasn't expecting you to bother with any of that at all, was pointing out that its quite simple to do to write your own scripts for MM. smile_o.gif

Have you seen the east asia(forgot the country) modified Special Forces grease guns the had build in sound suppressors.

STGN

Weren't those used by South-Korean Rangers units??

Correction;

That would be the Daewoo K7, but it's not a grease-gun modification;

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1567

Grease guns were used though. But the silenced version is the same as the one used by SEALs in vietnam AFAIK.

Grease guns were used though. But the silenced version is the same as the one used by SEALs in vietnam AFAIK.

Nah, the SEALs used Carl Gustavs and Madsens

i believe it was one of the north vietnamese volunteer groups but i'm not 100% sure anyway back to motivating jackal people

Question: Does it really matter?

Answer: No because once again it has nothing to do with the weapons pack.

"1: ALL, GO TO, Off-Topic Forum, 6 O'CLOCK"

Quote[/b] ]americas army has that sort of engine so does rainbow six 3

Yes, yes it does  tounge2.gif

With some cleaver scripting it would quite possible to add the option to "mod" your weapon in game, especially if Jackel carrys on the way he is.

For example you have a standard SOPMOD M4, you script it so that you can replace that weapon for example you choose to mount a ACOG, you swap the weapons for the M4 ACOG model.

You could do this at an armoury I suppose, or unless your fealing very clever script it so you can do it "in-field" and it remembers the ammo count.

Anyway...Looking and sounding awsome Jackel, good luck and keep up the good work  thumbs-up.gif

Yes, just look at my Uzi pack and the SG weapons using the same scripting. wink_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Jackal whats the progress on everything? Any ETA's yet? Updates? Anything?

...And does USMC ret's get a privilige of testing it?

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

STGN

Ah, I remember, it's in the Philippines, they issued the Philippine Marine Corps Battallion Special Operations Platoons refurbished Grease Guns with built-in suppressors and red dot scopes. The Navy were issued refurbished M3A1's as well.

Look here:

http://www.timawa.net/m3/m3gen2.htm

http://www.timawa.net/m3/m3.htm

m3_socom_gen2_2.jpg

c_m3_test2.jpg

No updates other than I started work on the C7A1s, despite promising myself I wouldn't until v2.0 was done

Early screenshot

I experimented a bit with embossing the markings on the side...wasn't sure how it'd turn out, but its not that bad, perhaps a bit strong...Only took me 15mins to knock up, so sue me.

Anyway, as for BETAs, haven't had that much time at all to get it completed, hopefully tomorrow will see more progress.

@JW: Yes, most of them will, except you and Sniperwolf! rofl.gif

The C7A1 looks great, except of course the magazine is not correct, not bad for 15min job. thumbs-up.gif

I've seen images of Diemacos using both standard STANAG mags and the DIEMACO mags (not at the same time - there isn't room). I'll of course be making the DIEMACO magazine at some point, to make it more visually distinctive from the Colt rifles in the pack.

"waffle mags" are better for two reasons anyway not that it matters for ofp they dont corrode/rust and are up to 20% lighter than normal steel ones wink_o.gif

not half bad c7 jackal cant wait for those since the only ofther diemaco weapons are KMM ones and i'd rather have a unified pack than several hundred addons in my dir atm it is at 4.61gb so just think what it will be like with sjb_tos 2.0!

I've seen images of Diemacos using both standard STANAG mags and the DIEMACO mags (not at the same time - there isn't room). I'll of course be making the DIEMACO magazine at some point, to make it more visually distinctive from the Colt rifles in the pack.

I believe Canada uses normal metal mags. The Netherlands uses the plastic mags, though.

Diemaco is now called Colt Canada btw.

"waffle mags" are better for two reasons anyway not that it matters for ofp they dont corrode/rust and are up to 20% lighter than normal steel ones wink_o.gif

They also look cool tounge2.gif

we all know, at least the educated ones of us like me u j326 etc. but diemaco is what it was known as for a long time and we all know it as diemaco so... i know that you wont want to divuldge much jackal but what does the optic view for your Mk12 look like i hope its something a lot better than the standard crappy m21 bis type one wink_o.gif

looking good jackal... the diemaco stamp looks particularly interesting biggrin_o.gif

British forces use the metal mags, seeing as they had a fair few of them left over from the M16's and AR15's they used.

Hi, only for curiosity Jackal... any plan of include any of this ones?

M1A SOCOM:

AA9626Large.jpg

M1A SOCOM II:

AA9627Large.jpg

They seem very very interesting... let's C ya

you missed the nicest one wipman:

weapon-M14%20SOPMOD-2.jpg

[edit]

Misread wipmans post... mine is obviously the M14 socom whistle.gif

No plan as of yet, maybe in a later version (adds them to the every increasing "Possibilites for Futre Versions List" which is currently longer than the list of currently included weapons).

By the way, credit to Messiah/UKF for the Diemaco stamp, and for giving me the idea (and kniwledge) on how to use embossing effects etc to their full potential within Photoshop. wink_o.gif