Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

Well, I'll hopefully be posting some shots of the near-complete HK416 ASAP. I also have plans to make the CQB version, as well as slap a few optic variations on the flat-top receiver, but those will be a while off yet, and the images of them even further off.

In other news, I'm proud that my continuing work is being appreciated, and I hope to have further news on updates and future projects soon.

In other news, I'm proud that my continuing work is being appreciated, and I hope to have further news on updates and future projects soon.

Cool, cant wait yay.gif

BWMOD would only make german variants (i presume???), Im sure we would all prefer EoTech'ed and ACOG version etc. as we have with the LR-300 and M4, plus would they make a G36C? I dont think the Bundeswehr uses it.

Well a few units in afganistan use G36+Eotech or G3's with ACOG (KSK or even MP's on personalprotection duties). But even if the BWMOD makes one...who cares. We've got 2billion M4's around, too.

Every new weapon is fine...as long it's not another M4. I whould love some MG3's with optics (the danish amry fields some...i think so, anyway), or what about a nice G11 remake....there are lots of ideas. But we all know what happens to "requestet" ideas wink_o.gif

But we all know what happens to "requested" ideas wink_o.gif

Yeah, they get ignored in favor of the next M4A1 project everyone wants to help out on... icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah anyway, trying to get this back on topic now icon_rolleyes.gif

The WA2000 is practically complete now, so too is the FAMAS G2 series (irons and aimpoint versions). I've also (for reasons unknown even to me) decided to make the F1 version. The HK416 is looking sweet too. As I said before, screenshots to follow within the next day or so.

Can't wait to see them...

Few ideas for you to consider, ERMA SR-100, Sako TRG and Steyr Scout (Tactical). I won't kill myself if you don't include them, don't worry.

If you do decide on doing some G36's, The HK site has a few good images of modified G36 models,

US Website = http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/index.j....ITEID=B

European Website = <a href="http://www.heckler-koch.de/core.php?dat=Y29tcG9uZW50PXNpdGVidWlsZGVyJmFjdGlvbj1zaG93JnhJRD1zdGFydHBhZ2UmbGFuZ0lEPTUmdXNlRmxhc2g9MQ

==" target="_blank">http://www.heckler-koch.de/core.ph....2g9MQ==</a>

OK, I just got around to uploading 4 screenshots of a few weapons planned for the 1.2 update.

Here they are:

FAMAS F1 (WIP)

FAMAS G2 Aimpoint (WIP)

HK416 ACOG (WIP)

HK416 CQB

Most of them are still WIP, well, all infact, so expect a few changes (example: the ACOG texture is too bright, will be contrasted ASAP).

Nice work man, one question; do you intend to make grenade launcher variants of the HK 416, and if so, will they use the XM302 (HK AG-C)

Looking seriously good Jackal.

Did you get my PM last week mate? Just wondering, in case Rapidshare decides to drop the download  wink_o.gif

Cheers,

CH

Yeah, I got the PM and downloaded the file cornhelium, haven't had chance to try it out yet, but I will do so in the near future.

I should have a few more screenshots towards the end of the week.

hello ,! i 've downloaded the pack and i must say it is impresive , really good quality everywhere ,only one thing , the readme file is a bit confusing, a example , the munition that appears for M4 Customised Marksman* ** is for the silenced version , i've become mad triying to fill the init field correctly ! crazy_o.gif I am a bit raw confused_o.gif

thank you for the great job !! notworthy.gif

Yeah, that confusion started originally because I only had a suppressed version of the M4 Marksman. However, during the expansion from the Public BETA (which only had ~20 weapons), to the Full release of v1.0, I decided to add a non-suppressed version. Originally the classnames "SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper" and "SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod" represented the suppressed versions of those weapons, with the addition of the non-suppressed versions, I had to switch them to "SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_SD" and "SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod_SD" and in doing so, I obviously forgot to change the readme file to reflect the change in magazines. I will do so now and upload another updated readme

EDIT: I just uploaded the updated readme, find it HERE.

Did anyone manage to find a suppressed M4/M203 in woodland camo? I don't think there's one in the pack...

still kicks some very very nice rear though. Loving your work, mate.

Did anyone manage to find a suppressed M4/M203 in woodland camo? I don't think there's one in the pack...

still kicks some very very nice rear though. Loving your work, mate.

I dunno, personally I prefer WIPs M4s because IMHO SJB's M4's textures are too black. WIP has a woodland M4/M203

As thats about the 500th time the M4 Textures have been mentioned as being "too dark" I'll look into sorting them out, to be something more like those of the HK416 (see previous screenshots), i.e. "gun-metal-grey".

Quote[/b] ]Did anyone manage to find a suppressed M4/M203 in woodland camo? I don't think there's one in the pack...

There is, in the readme watch the 2 markers (* **)

Weapons marker with a "*" after their description have a woodland camo version. Simply add "_C" to the

end of the weapon class-name to access the weapon. e.g. "SJB_TOS_M4_ACOG_C"

So in your case the classname for the suppressed M4/M203 in woodland camo would be: SJB_TOS_M4_M203_SD_C

Jackal, I still hope you consider adding all available sights to the Woodland/Desert M4/M203 versions as requested in the VBS forum before wink_o.gif

As thats about the 500th time the M4 Textures have been mentioned as being "too dark" I'll look into sorting them out, to be something more like those of the HK416 (see previous screenshots), i.e. "gun-metal-grey".

Cool, WIP's ones are almost too grey, and yours are too dark, the dark grey thing sounds good.

Laser's M16/M4s have a nice color and brightness level that works very well with the game lighting. They look more like weapons in the field. I think there is some brown added to the black and gunmetal colors.

No offense to wip, but the textures look like they have been scanned from a photo and pasted onto the model. They don't look like "any grunt's gun."

As far as Im concerned, if you took INQ's M16 textures, and made them look abit more realistic as opposed to the pseudo-photorealism that they are, and darkened them down just a little bit, then youd have the the best goddamn M16/M4s around. smile_o.gif