Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

@AG_Smith & SV5000: PMs have been sorted wink_o.gif

In other news, I'm still in the process of backing everything (in terms of O2 Projects, addons, missions etc.) up, for transfering onto my new PC (when it eventually arrives....its already 2 weeks over-due). Anyway, the point is, with these backups done, I don't see the point in carrying on work on the weapons etc until I've transferred onto my new PC, so for the next week or so (hopefully no-longer than that), progress will be slow - non-existant. I'll keep you posted when my NEW PC arrives

EDIT: Just got an e-mail from Alienware saying my god damn system is being delayed because the case and GFX card are on back-order with no estimated arrival date, so I've scrapped my backup discs and will carry on working on my current projects untila dvised further.

Awww man, now someone's got a better compy than mine. I'm so crushed right now. confused_o.gif

Hahaha! Can't wait to see your new pack, dude. Sounds awesome.

I've not got it yet, thats the bloody problem! wink_o.gif

Anyway, back on topic, I've been working on an alternative Aimpoint model, no idea why, just felt the urge to make one. I imagine it'll find a home on the flat-top receiver of the HK416 CQB and/or the M4A1 CQB. I'll hopefully post some screenshots tomorrow.

Can I make a suggestion. US military is switching from using NVGs(goggles) or NVS(scopes) to just using NVMs(monoculars). Two reasons: ease of use and versatility. While using monoculars it is easier to get used to darkness after you take them off. Versatility of the monocular is obvious. It can be handheld, used as long range viewer with additional 3x or 5x lens, head/helmet mounted, weapon mounted (like a scope). So, perhaps for your future release you can use just monoculars like PVS-14 or NVM-14. When you use them instead of the scope, you would need to mount it behind the Aimpoint or Eothech (both night vision compatible) so that you can have a dot for reticule. Dot looks light green through the night vision, not red or orange. So, if you want realism with the latest military equipment, use monoculars. Snipers use NV scopes. The best on the market is Raptor 4x or 6x magnification. Pilots use ANVIS-9 goggles. There used to be ton of different NV equipment out there, but now they are simplifying and narrowing it down to just PVS-14, Raptor and ANVIS-9. If you need more detailed info I can help.

Jackal,

Don't know if you saw this but thought you might be interested:

http://knightarmco.com/sass.pdf

FYI, M110 will be the U.S. Army's new standard sniping system (to replace M-24s, M-21s and ad hoc SR-25s in use now).

the SASS is basically an SR-25 with a slightly shorter barrel and a different scope and optional supressor. of course , theres some internal differences but you dont see them wink_o.gif Wouldnt say it would be too hard to modify the existing sr-25 to make one.

The SR25, as far as I know, is a 5.56'er whilst the M110 is a 7.62 caliber, but in terms of appearance its not all that different (apart from being slightly larger). I'll consider including it, I'll see what I am like for time.

The SR25, as far as I know, is a 5.56'er whilst the M110 is a 7.62 caliber, but in terms of appearance its not all that different (apart from being slightly larger). I'll consider including it, I'll see what I am like for time.

The sr-25 is 7.62mm also, the only real difference is that the most common SR-25 has a 24" barrel while the M110 has a 20" one.

Well, I just noticed that the unsuppressed SR-25 appears to have a 20-round mag:

sr251vl.jpg

but the suppressed SR-25 seems to have an M-16 mag:

sr25suppressed8lk.jpg

And the magazines seem to be the same width.

However, in the SJB config both SR-25s have 20-round mags and hit much harder than the SJB 5.56mm weapons. All in all, it's a bit of a mystery. smile_o.gif

The M110 has more differences than a different barrel length, though nothing huge. Look at the .pdf I linked.

the sr-25 with m16 hs been pointed out already. theres very little external differences between the m110 and sr-25 is what i meant.

Already fixed that, noticed it in MP around the same time I decided to alter the reflex optic (which on the weapon model had a yellow dot, but on the optic model has a red dot).

Hows the pack coming along Jackal?

Anticipation is growing! need to re-equip my BLB SAS with new weapons from your pack (namely the HK416)!

notworthy.gif

Its progressing slowly, STILL ( crazy_o.gif ) haven't got around to coding the (new) weapons yet, but I'll get there.

Believe me, I'm pissed off at this fact too, as I really want the HK416 Marksman variants ingame to "kill a Commie for Mommie" (to quote Vietcong 2).

I'll post some ingame shots as and when I get the weapons coded and ingame.

Its progressing slowly, STILL ( crazy_o.gif ) haven't got around to coding the (new) weapons yet, but I'll get there.

Believe me, I'm pissed off at this fact too, as I really want the HK416 Marksman variants ingame to "kill a Commie for Mommie" (to quote Vietcong 2).

I'll post some ingame shots as and when I get the weapons coded and ingame.

How's that new rig of yours running???

Its not, haven't received it yet as one of the parts was out of stock, should hopefully have it by the beginning of next week, although I'm starting to think the beginning of next year is more likely crazy_o.gif

Hey dude, thought I'd just ask you another favour... reckon (as well as the M16A4 and M4A1) you could make an iron-sights + no Taclight/laser version of the M4A1/M203 and M16A4/M203? All it would take is the removal of that Taclight/laser barrel assembly from the barrel (unless of course, US Regular units are getting that along with their standard issue rifle crazy_o.gif ).

Sorry to be such a pain. smile_o.gif

Wont be doing that mate, you'll just have to put up with the laser/tac-light attachment. If I go down the road of making EVERY VARIATION of every weapon currently available within the pack, I'll never release v1.2

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for variety, but varying such a small thing as that, isn't worth it.