Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl

[searched Couldnt Find A Thred the same...] ah crap found the other thred but its name has changed.. huh.gif

I find this game simler to ofp but without the warzone.. or something like that...

Quote[/b] ]On the afternoon of April 12 in 2006, a massive explosion shattered the Chernobyl area. The Zone, as the area got to be known, was characterized by anomalous energy disturbances, rendering even the most advanced form of protective suits worthless to would be rescue teams. Months passed and nothing could be done. The military quarantined the area to prevent unauthorized entry and perhaps even reassure the local populace that the area was under control and confinement. Almost 4 years after the initial event, expeditions can now safely traverse several kilometers deep into the Zone. Among these are the Stalkers, poachers that enter the zone searching for artifacts and anomalous formations that are highly sought after by certain organizations and groups. The player controls a Stalker, venturing into the Zone in order to acquire information, technology and artifacts to sell and possibly put a mysterious puzzle together. Avoiding the dangers within and the military because as a Stalker you are effectively a thief, and the army that has quarantined the area, don't take kindly to trespassers. Within the Zone you will have to detect and avoid the bizarre phenomenon's (anomalies) that plague the area, avoid or eliminate various kinds of mutants and you can even expect competition from other Stalkers.

Features:

Gigantic game world of the Zone of 30 square kilometers

Free non-linear exploration with vast outdoor and indoor areas

Constantly changing world of the Zone and unique life simulation system

Unique types of weapons and enemy impact: gravitational weapons, psychotropic weapons, telekinesis, telepathy, taking under control

About 30 types of weapons with weapon upgrades - optics or barrel-attached grenade launcher for your rifle to make it a super gun

Strong non-linear story line with over 8 completely different endings

Original creatures and their abilities: group intellect, telepathy, telekinesis with realistic communication with any sapient character

Realistic AI and life simulation of game creatures and characters

Trade of weapons, artifacts, equipment and control of vehicles

Mind blowing graphics and weather effects powered by X-Ray engine

Endless replay-ability owing to unique life simulation system

321225ss2.jpg

321225ss29.jpg

321225ss28.jpg

321225ss15.jpg

<a href="www.stalker-game.com" target="_blank">www.stalker-game.com</a>

Check out the Website and have a good look around.. it looks really good...

Will it ever be released?

Anyway i think the devs should reconsider their idea of putting the case ejection port and fire selector on the wrong side of the rifles whistle.gif .

Ive had my eye on this game for a loonnggg time, im glad there taking thier time to finish it but im hoping that the game wont be too out dated when (if ever) its released sad_o.gif any way, yea looks like a promising game, i wish more developers made open ended dynmaic game instead of linier games with just a few flashy effects and crap game play mad_o.gif (ive just got of the F.E.A.R SP demo tounge2.gif )

This game has been delayed sooooooo much that I'm starting to lose interest. It still has a nice concept and could break new ground, but I am getting tired of waiting. But thats just impatient me. tounge2.gif

This game has been delayed sooooooo much that I'm starting to lose interest. It still has a nice concept and could break new ground, but I am getting tired of waiting. But thats just impatient me. tounge2.gif

I feel the same. With all the delays im starting do doubt that they will ever get this game finished. Its another Duke Nukem: Forever...

well i think when it does get released, which it will tounge2.gif it will be worth the wait.. remeber they want to do more work on it because they dont want to release it with bugs and that..

reminds me of the ECP mishap release lol waiting for months after.. but it was worth it..

Amazon says it will be out January 2 2006, just in time for Ukranian Christmas. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Date first available at Amazon:  March 18, 2004

I wonder how many people pre-ordered it 17 months ago.   rofl.gif

My prediction is that it will come out just before duke nukem forever. yay.gif

I've *not* played the Alpha (shifty.gif)

It runs smoothly, which is good, the AI in it was... hideous, and the levels were levels, not a big open map, but hopefully thats just for testing..

If it's anything like it's said to be, even if it's not great game at release, aslong as they release a SDK/mod kit to allow people to remove the holywood-ish-nuclear stuff and make it a bit more realistic, (IMHO) that'd rule tounge2.gif

- Ben

rofl.gif , yep and renamed to STALKER Forever.

rofl.gif  , yep and renamed to STALKER Forever.

Dont you mean Team <s>Fortress</s> STALKER 2? rofl.gif

Indeed this game seems to be catching up on DNF on the "how many times reported postponed" list. huh.gif

Dude, even Prey's coming out before Stalker. That's not good at all.

banghead.gif keep the topic about the game not the release date.. i dont want it closed lol huh.gif

Dude, even Prey's coming out before Stalker. That's not good at all.

That is quite an achievement indeed. biggrin_o.gif

I still remember reading about prey and thinking "wow, I wonder if my crappy pc will run this game when it comes out." tounge2.gif

No more frikkin release date jokes, they stoped being funny after Duke Nukem was started.. dry.gif

Anyway, hopefully it'll be released soon, if not people will lose interest in the game.. And with a not-very-well-knowen developer, that could kinda screw them.. Which would be a shame confused_o.gif

- Ben

banghead.gif keep the topic about the game not the release date.. i dont want it closed lol  huh.gif

Yes, I suppose we should restrict all discussion of the release dates and other irrelevant details to the original STALKER thread, right?

gameplay have had it listed for a while, although the '167 days till release' header is a little depressing biggrin_o.gif

i dont think people will loose interest. This is one of the few games thats had me genuinly excited for a long time, and makes me want to spend my tuition money on a new pc smile_o.gif

gameplay have had it listed for a while, although the '167 days till release' header is a little depressing  biggrin_o.gif

i dont think people will loose interest. This is one of the few games thats had me genuinly excited for a long time, and makes me want to spend my tuition money on a new pc  smile_o.gif

Dont do that. I had a lot of friends that had the same idea and deeply regreted it. Starvation is evil! confused_o.gif

On the other hand I have to say that those screenshots that were breathtaking a few months ago dont look so impressive anymore. Time and technology moves fast, faster than Stalker

but flashpoint graphics arent as breathtaking anymore, but the gameplay is... same with stalker... i love the idea of having to survive a game, and that every living thing in the game is trying to do the same, unscripted smile_o.gif

Yes, it's getting boring waiting for this one. I certainly haven't played two different alphas which haven't been leaked whistle.gif I was originally planning an upgrade for this game....which I did for HL2 instead....

Waiting for this game! If i liked two alpha versions, what will happen with full game wow_o.gif

It has new gameplay, and this gameplay should be good.

About delays.. look at game Boiling Point, publisher rushed developers, basicaly this game is CRAP.

But STALKER does need some work, because its new gameplay, and its hard to get it without bugs smile_o.gif

Actually this game will get people interested, THQ will start pre-sale campagin, which should get people interested.

On their site .. some of that fan art is pretty sad crazy_o.gif

Yes this game is an awesome game! The idea of making a game about Chernobyl is really good and intressting! I *not* played the alpha and... very nice one.. smile_o.gif btw: look for Conspiracies... Ofp-Campaign with the same Idea! ^^ here so the game really looks nice and i looking forward to STALKER and hope it will be released soon!