Sign in to follow this  
Nick225

Help Flying

Sorry about my question, but Im a complete noob to the game. Just got it 2 days ago, in fact. I can't figure out how to fly the planes or helicopters in Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis. The keyboard mappings lists: Rudder, dive, and such as all being bound to a joystick. I dont have a joystick and the game wont let me remap the controls to the keyboard. Do you need a joystick to fly? Or am I just making a stupid mistake?

I feel like such an idiot.

Guest Ti0n3r

Chopper;

q = Gain altitude

z = Lose altitude

x = Rotate to the left

c = Rotate to the right

w = Lean forward (to gain speed)

s = Lean backwards

a = Lean to the left

d = Lean to the right

Hope this is enough.

Where the heck did you get OFP: CWC? Do you have Resistance yet? If you don't, you've got to find a copy - because if all you've got is CWC you aren't experiencing half of what you should be.

welcome.gif

Yeah, if you get the chance pick up OFP : Resistance, it's worth it.

As far as flying, Ti0n3r has got it there for you.

q w e

a s d

z x c

Those nine buttons like that on your keyboard are pretty much your basic flight control. Your manual should show detail a little more of what does what, as well as setting up the controls, in game.

To get some practice flying, open up the mission editor, double click on the map and place yourself a chopper. Preview the mission and you can get some extra time flying around to practice maneuvering and firing.

One thing was forgotten: Practice wink_o.gif

Edit: ooh my postcount... (wanted to have such an edit once too)

Isn't there a brochure with the CWC version or is it just the GOTY version that has that?

The brochure should give you some info about what to do.

Anyway..

welcome.gif

guys am i the only dude that also uses a mouse with those keyboard controls.... whistle.gif

Oh and if the bugging plane doesn't get of the ground use "page up" to get it lifted of the ground.

I got it at EB Games. Didnt come with a manual. mad_o.gif

I want to get Resistance. Soon. Once I find it.

The other problem is: I rebound my controls. whistle.gif

Thanks everyone for helping!

I got it at EB Games. Didnt come with a manual. mad_o.gif

I want to get Resistance. Soon. Once I find it.

The other problem is: I rebound my controls. whistle.gif

Thanks everyone for helping!

play.com had goty for about Å7 if you live uk or europe ....damn just checked and there out of stock...

1 thing i always tell my newbie m8's when i get them started on ofp is not to remap the keys and just get used to the defaults as a lot of them double up (have 2 functions) and it knocks all the controls to hell if you dont know wots wot (aswell as the fact i can easily tell them wot key is for wot)

I use my mouse to turn and q to take off and e to gain speed. If your flying a plane make sure you take off with flaps down. You just need a lot of practice to be good at it. OFP flying is different than every other game.

It depends on the plane.

I like to use a joystick for flying planes so I can do stunts and such. yay.gif

Do flaps really have a large impact on the plane? It doesn't really seem so.   confused_o.gif

Not sure, but I always use them when I want to fly slow. You can keep the A10 flying at 90km/h and even gain altitude. It looks kind of funny though.

Joysticks might help flying in OFP, they certainly made a difference to me, it became rather easier than bulking about using the keyboard.

If my extremely-limited knowledge of planes it right, they increase lift, so you dont fall out the sky at lower speeds, and like Moving Target said, let you take of at lower speed smile_o.gif

- Ben

yes flaps are good for take off, in real life their just 10% in take off(depend of plane).

During flight i think u can turn more with it, not shure dough

Real Life more stability (ex: landings, storms).

Is there any way to invert the mouse/controls just for the planes and choppers, like in some of the newer games?

Khalid, are you drunk again? tounge2.gif

I dont think theres an option to invert the mouse only in helis/planes, check options page, if theres a "Invert mouse only in air vehicles" I'm wrong tounge2.gif

- Ben