Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Track ir

To thoose who say they don't care... I used to say the same thing before I used TIR for a week or so. Now I can't imagine flying IL-2/LOMAC without it and I assume it will be the same in ArmA.

Oh just wait untill they say "How did you see that/it?" biggrin_o.gif

No idea. I get the impression Naturalpoint was a little early with their newsletter. If there are a ArmA-video it'll probably be released first thing after new year.

No idea. I get the impression Naturalpoint was a little early with their newsletter. If there are a ArmA-video it'll probably be released first thing after new year.

great and this trailer will show the simulation with TrackIR in Arma? smile_o.gif

That will be intresting. smile_o.gif

I don't see that the new trailer is or will be posted on ArmA website anywhere in the quotation. They probably meant the old one we stole and mixed the info with BI message for them.

What happens when you want to take a drink of your coke?

The better news is they have assured us that they are doing everything within their power to include support for TrackIR.

That's really good news!

I use TrackIR for IL2 and FS2004 I can't imagine myself flying in a game without it. It's simply the best piece of gaming hardware

I've bought since my first joystick in the early 1980's. Once you've tried it there is no going back.

Somone suggested that when you bring up your iron sights/scope, the view should snap to wherever the weapon was pointed.

I think this would feel very un-natural, it would make more sense to have your weapon snap to wherever you happend to be looking when you bring up your sights. Just think about it...

You storm a room and as you move your head you see an enemy to the left...press a button, oops view goes straight front (because thats where your weapon was pointing), now you have to move the view back to the le...bang your dead.

You storm a room and as you move your head see an enemy to the left...press a button that brings the weapon up and pointing where you were looking, bang...your dead (because you should´ve just thrown in a grenade, but you get my point) smile_o.gif

You storm a room and as you move your head you see an enemy to the left...press a button, oops view goes straight front (because thats where your weapon was pointing), now you have to move the view back to the le...bang your dead.

You would need to move your mouse to position your body pointing toward the bad guy before bringing up your sites. Then when you bring your sites up your ready to drill the guy.

This is the same speed as it would be without TrackIR. The difference is that you can quickly turn your head that direction and see if there's someone there instead of moving your whole body.

When you bust into a room you don't want to stop moving so this lets you keep moving and keep the bad guy in sight so you can have a quicker response in aligning your sites.

The screen moves

Whoa, tell me that aint true.... surely its the image on the screen that moves, otherwise that would just completely freak me wow_o.gif

I don't see that the new trailer is or will be posted on ArmA website anywhere in the quotation. They probably meant the old one we stole and mixed the info with BI message for them.

sad but probably true...

I dream about seeing something which is not an early WIP video...

Why we have to wait for the latest WIP video so long...

The screen moves

Whoa, tell me that aint true.... surely its the image on the screen that moves, otherwise that would just completely freak me wow_o.gif

well if you want to be specific..... The little liquid crystals in my screen cause a change of colors, and that then moves the images on my screen, which is caused by my head movement.

The screen moves

well if you want to be specific..... The little liquid crystals in my screen cause a change of colors, and that then moves the images on my screen, which is caused by my head movement.

I think U guys R on something a little stronger than coke!  rofl.gif

Yea! If U move U're head then the image on the screen would move in response. So taking a sip of Vodka or 'coke' would turn your head on screen to the right or left respectively. However, U wouldn't be looking at the screen at that moment so it wouldn't matter!  tounge2.gif

The screen moves

I think U guys R on something a little stronger than coke!  rofl.gif

Yea! If U move U're head then the image on the screen would move in response. So taking a sip of Vodka or 'coke' would turn your head on screen to the right or left respectively. However, U wouldn't be looking at the screen at that moment so it wouldn't matter!  tounge2.gif

Would be fun to look at other people in multiplayer while they are drinking...

"Dude, why are you headbanging?" tounge2.gif

In the newletter Natural Point sent out today they declare that Armed Assault will support TrackIR.

The interesting news isn't that arma will support trackir, that news is old, the intersting part is that Arma will be shown at GDC2006...

If those people lower their prices by half I will get one.And I think many people think like that.Really dont get what is so expensive with producing that hardware and why the heck they rather increase the price with every new version rather than to lower the prices of old versions.Im sitting here since about 2 years waiting for the prices to lower really so it makes sense to me to get one.Shame that is,because it's such a neat input-device confused_o.gif

I totaly agree on the price issue. Their business must be to target the high-end buyers exclusively.

--Ben

In the newletter Natural Point sent out today they declare that Armed Assault will support TrackIR.

Great! Now it's official and I knew we could coun't on you BIS... Can't wait smile_o.gif

@ lwlooz etc: Try to find a second hand on eBay or the like. I bought mine TIR2 for a reasonable price that way and it work just great!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

@ lwlooz etc: Try to find a second hand on eBay or the like. I bought mine TIR2 for a reasonable price that way and it work just great!

I'd at least get a TIR3 so that you can upgrade to the Vector Expansion. This gives you 6DOF movement and is much much better than the standard 2 axis movement.