Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Track ir

Are you sure? I've never tried to use the "*" to move the head position while in multiplayer and observe on a different player's machine. I thought it was purely local in OFP. Perhaps someone could do a quick test of this?

Hold alt and move the mouse, and that moves your head around. It's definitely passed across in network games. I see people do it all the time in my group's Flashpoint sessions.

ciacn02.jpg

This is a quite good example of head movement in MP rofl.gif (CIA coop)

And its helpfull for sure if you can see where others are looking at.

Lets say you run in formation and you squadmate is looking left, then you better watch the right to cover all.

Quote[/b] ]Rumor has it that so do I. [hint: sig]

Yes mate, but that's Naturalpoint.

eDimensional shipping is cheaper if you're in Europe wink_o.gif

Yes mate, but that's Naturalpoint.

eDimensional shipping is cheaper if you're in Europe wink_o.gif

Ha, fair enough. You cater to the Euros, I'll take care of the US guys. wink_o.gif

This is a quite good example of head movement in MP  rofl.gif  (CIA coop)

Well, in it's defence that rocket launcher is a custom made apilas so it's hardly in the same size class as the official ones.. tounge2.gif

edit2: New Idea. What about having this extra button thing (on the mouse) and be able to manipulate the gun and your head separately?

For ex. ability to aim at something and quickly check the surroundings without moving a gun.

Funnyguy - Damn good Idea! That is actually a really smart idea - have mouse 3 toggle between free look and normal - then those of us without track IR still would not have to take our hands off the keyboard / mouse....

Of course, this would not be for everyone...So you could map keys as you like in options.'

NOTE to BIS: too late I guess, but please make free look a toggle, rather than one key for on, one for off - that would make things alot easier and more flexible.

Also, I just voted in this poll, but there should be an option "I would like to get trackIR - but too expensive" or "maybe I might get track IR" rather than I definietly want it or I dont care - they are too extreme..

NOTE to BIS: too late I guess, but please make free look a toggle, rather than one key for on, one for off - that would make things alot easier and more flexible.

In OFP Alt enables mouse freelook temporatily, * toggles it permanently, and ArmA is going to be the same in this respect.

Are you sure? I've never tried to use the "*" to move the head position while in multiplayer and observe on a different player's machine. I thought it was purely local in OFP. Perhaps someone could do a quick test of this?

Hold alt and move the mouse, and that moves your head around. It's definitely passed across in network games. I see people do it all the time in my group's Flashpoint sessions.

I did not know that. Thanks!

Haha... that's why you would have the toggle free look on your 3rd mouse button (me at least). so you have all the freedom you need, much like using track ir. But you loose control of aim and fire while you use free look. that's why track-ir will be so great.

And if you don't play with 3rd person enabled you would use this quite a lot wink_o.gif

I was reffering the iron sight view, we couldn`t move our character`s head because the sights were 2d, now since they`re 3d it can be done either by the mousewheel or the 3rd button (or any other key assigned for this) + mouse (like this stance-controlling thingy in R6 Raven Shield). I wasn`t talking about the thing that you normally can do with the alt key or '*' key, but about moving your virtual head forward and backward thus ascending the gun to your eye level and fluently switching between the iron sights view and full fov, and that would be an alternative for track-ir imho you can have with only a keyboard and mouse.

Hi, just a bump that I bought a TrackIR4 here in Australia a couple of days ago for flight simX and ArmA (when it finally makes it here). For the moment I obviously have neither game, but I've been testing the TIR with rFactor and it's easily one of the best "toys" i've ever bought. I think it's got the potential to redefine how immersive a game like ArmA can be if they get the implementation right.

In OFP Alt enables mouse freelook temporatily, * toggles it permanently, and ArmA is going to be the same in this respect.

i wouldn't hope other way smile_o.gif