Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Invasion 1944

As DeLiltMon (and other people before him) said: Everyone in the community should have attempted to make at least one addon for OFP without quiting after ten minutes because "O2 doesn't work". Than you will have much more understanding what making a mod requires. Patience, patience and even more patience.

Dont worry Hunter I've been waiting for a few years now and I'm still a big supporter of I44 just like I'm a big supporter of the Falklands:1982 mod. wink_o.gif

SFWannabe, B_Ringer is not flaming anybody, I dont know his relation with people working for inv. 1944, but everything he said is right.

Ranger bob, have you seen any gameplay? I think not. ask them what changes they made! I bet you're not going to recieve much more then whatever has been done before. AI changes? haven't noticed, new skies? haven't noticed, pioneering clouds for air dogfights? where?

Funny thing about your last comment btw. Marcel said thesame thing. they're not addons, they're pieces of art. He told me he is not making them for invasion 1944, but for himself. if he changed his mind in the last two weeks I'd like to hear it from him.

Tommislav. Invasion 1944 created this thread. after this long waiting I think the devided reactions in here are not something you should be suprised at. Somebody mentioned in a thread he couln't wait till Invasion 1944 was going to be released, I simply pointed out to him that they don't plan on releasing anything but screens to boost their ego (if anybody disagrees, talk to Marcel).

John. I agree. but what has Invasion 1944 been doing for four years that other mods could do in less then a year? rock.gif VME has outstanding scripting,ECP has great effects, are you using any of their knowlededge?

I'd like to know (allot) what gameplay changes have been made that seporate Invasion 1944 from the rest.

Wouldnt surprise me if the team decided to skip OFP and wait for ARAS, anyway its their work and none of our business whatever they decide to do with it, i dont see what gives people the right to think they can demand anything confused_o.gif , if it comes im sure ill love it smile_o.gif .

Gandalf I44 has gone through so many changes. The people that are with us now have only been working on Phase 1 for the past year and a half. The first 2 or 3 teams were working on a different concept. Some of stayed most have left.

1/4 of our team if not more are professional artist's or are studing in order to become artists. We do this in our spare time outside of jobs/classes etc... Trust me guys we want to finish I44 as much as you want it but in order to do that we have to finish it up to our desires. It's our "art".

I think it's quite credible that Inv44 have stuck to their guns and said they'll release the mod when it's ready; however, the hype (can it be called anything else?) surrounding this mod, and the passions aroused, seem to have grown out of all proportion.

Needless to say, I can wait, for it is just another mod, in a sea of good mods for OFP.

Gandalf I44 has gone through so many changes. The people that are with us now have only been working on Phase 1 for the past year and a half. The first 2 or 3 teams were working on a different concept. Some of stayed most have left.

That wasn't the question, but about that: I don't think that changing the concept requires that you redo thesame brittish infantry units three times, I could be wrong on this though blush.gif.

Anyhow, about the gameplay issue, did you guys made any pioneering changes? smile_o.gif

Long post time tounge_o.gif

@metalmatle

i agree you cant compare Lib with us, seeign as were completly different teams with nigh on different skills (albeit stuck on modding ofp)

both teams are great, they improve ofp's ww2 experience 10 fold

Why can you not compare the two mods? They are both mods (Obviuosly..), they are both world-war 2 mods, they are both for OFP, they both can use the same tools, etc etc. It's not like one is being funded, or soemthing that would make one team more productive etc.. The biggest difference doesn't stop the mod being compared, it stops the mod teams being compared..

In the last few days, Liberation has released their main mod, and a patch containing some stuff that wasn't finished in time (Missions mainly). They stuck to their release date, they released something, thats as far as the difference goes..

Well given the hostile reception they got straight after starting this thread I can't blame them for deciding not to tell anything.

The reason they are getting such a "hostile reception" isn't the reason their not telling anything, that is the cause of their hostile reception..

Invasion 1944 are one of the greatest Mods of OFP - pushing the limits of OFP trying to recreate WW2 as accurately as possible, this takes time - you can't rush art wink_o.gif

You don't play art.... the mod themselves have have called them self art

Have you seen the screenshots... wow_o.gif

Their are photoshoped, remeber wink_o.gif

After phase one there will be "upgrades" to the existing core components,and additions to the addon database.I believe this is the way to go,as big mod projects and secrecy are not popular,this will change.

So patches, basicly?

I see invasion44 as an ongoing project for the ofp type engine,more of a future ww2 sp and online simulation than a "mod" and we will follow BIS with any of their updates to the ofp engine,such as Armed Assault.

Why? They are not doing anything "huge", nothing mould breaking (Before anyone says, I know how much work goes into addons, that is NOT my point..). As far as I can see, and have heard from various persons, their modeling WW2 units, more to make them look good, rather than play good.. Mods like FDF are far more impressive, a huge number of units (I used the mod for my first/previous squad, which I was in for.. quite a while, and still haven't even used half the things in it), all nice to use, lots of nice effects, sevral very impressive islands, and then they release another (pretty large, impressive) update/addon pack (The desert pack).. Without the dispresect people will take at this, Invasion 1944 is just a mod, it's just like the others tounge_o.gif

Anyway, random quotes aside (Yes, I'm not done yet.. tounge_o.gif Yes I'm fecking bored)

Please, take a step back and look at your selves, it's a f***ing mod for a game, which now costs Å10, quit the f***ing secrets, what do you have to lose? Nothing

I'm not sure, if you are just doing this to improve your own personal skill, what the hell is the point? I can understand doing little projects to help your skill in something (Modeling, or scripting, or animating etc), which will then help you to go on to release something usefull, ground breaking. That is the ONLY REASON this community exists, the only reason you are there working how-ever-long on some project that you then go on and never relase.. It defys logic, the equivelent of slicing your own heart out. It kills the source of the life, the community...

..if nothing else, atleast this post will slow the other "flames" down, by making them read a too-long post smile_o.giftounge_o.gif

So cut the secrecy, cut the photoshoping screenshots and let the community, which you need to exist, know what it is your really doing.. even if you dont plan on releasing the stuff (I'm not 100% sure where this idea came from, but it's not been denied, really, so...), tell us, so maybe people will stop posting these stupidly long posts wink_o.gif

Really, open up, or... angel_smile.gif

- Ben

I think you all need to remember "INV44" are doing this because THEY want to, no one told them to do this, so in theroy they can show/release/say what they want, as it is their project, their are no rules to say, just because you have a mod, means you have to have a productive outcome of pictures every other day. Prehaps other mods have a more steady progression rate, or prehaps they are focusing on a smaller scale, Or prehaps Inv44 has been working non stop, ever thought about that?

Along with the fact as most of you pointed, they are doing this in there spare time (i for one), and its a pitty to see people making negative comments, i can garentee you that when the mod is released you will all have a different outcome regarding comments. Just bare that in mind

Just be pleased that INV44 are making this for ofp, and don't be all so bloody negative.

Smiley

Long post time tounge_o.gif
@metalmatle

i agree you cant compare Lib with us, seeign as were completly different teams with nigh on different skills (albeit stuck on modding ofp)

both teams are great, they improve ofp's ww2 experience 10 fold

Why can you not compare the two mods? They are both mods (Obviuosly..), they are both world-war 2 mods, they are both for OFP, they both can use the same tools, etc etc. It's not like one is being funded, or soemthing that would make one team more productive etc.. The biggest difference doesn't stop the mod being compared, it stops the mod teams being compared..

In the last few days, Liberation has released their main mod, and a patch containing some stuff that wasn't finished in time (Missions mainly). They stuck to their release date, they released something, thats as far as the difference goes..

Well given the hostile reception they got straight after starting this thread I can't blame them for deciding not to tell anything.

The reason they are getting such a "hostile reception" isn't the reason their not telling anything, that is the cause of their hostile reception..

Invasion 1944 are one of the greatest Mods of OFP - pushing the limits of OFP trying to recreate WW2 as accurately as possible, this takes time - you can't rush art wink_o.gif

You don't play art.... the mod themselves have have called them self art

Have you seen the screenshots...  wow_o.gif

Their are photoshoped, remeber wink_o.gif

After phase one there will be "upgrades" to the existing core components,and additions to the addon database.I believe this is the way to go,as big mod projects and secrecy are not popular,this will change.

So patches, basicly?

I see invasion44 as an ongoing project for the ofp type engine,more of a future ww2 sp and online simulation than a "mod" and we will follow BIS with any of their updates to the ofp engine,such as Armed Assault.

Why? They are not doing anything "huge", nothing mould breaking (Before anyone says, I know how much work goes into addons, that is NOT my point..). As far as I can see, and have heard from various persons, their modeling WW2 units, more to make them look good, rather than play good.. Mods like FDF are far more impressive, a huge number of units (I used the mod for my first/previous squad, which I was in for.. quite a while, and still haven't even used half the things in it), all nice to use, lots of nice effects, sevral very impressive islands, and then they release another (pretty large, impressive) update/addon pack (The desert pack).. Without the dispresect people will take at this, Invasion 1944 is just a mod, it's just like the others tounge_o.gif

Anyway, random quotes aside (Yes, I'm not done yet.. tounge_o.gif Yes I'm fecking bored)

Please, take a step back and look at your selves, it's a f***ing mod for a game, which now costs Å10, quit the f***ing secrets, what do you have to lose? Nothing

I'm not sure, if you are just doing this to improve your own personal skill, what the hell is the point? I can understand doing little projects to help your skill in something (Modeling, or scripting, or animating etc), which will then help you to go on to release something usefull, ground breaking. That is the ONLY REASON this community exists, the only reason you are there working how-ever-long on some project that you then go on and never relase.. It defys logic, the equivelent of slicing your own heart out. It kills the source of the life, the community...

..if nothing else, atleast this post will slow the other "flames" down, by making them read a too-long post  smile_o.giftounge_o.gif

So cut the secrecy, cut the photoshoping screenshots and let the community, which you need to exist, know what it is your really doing.. even if you dont plan on releasing the stuff (I'm not 100% sure where this idea came from, but it's not been denied, really, so...), tell us, so maybe people will stop posting these stupidly long posts  wink_o.gif

Really, open up, or... angel_smile.gif

- Ben

hmmm....

when it comes to art...

artists are never pleased with own work, and they can improve theyr work for eternity...

so we will probably wait for eternity...

Good Luck I44 confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Somebody mentioned in a thread he couln't wait till Invasion 1944 was going to be released, I simply pointed out to him that they don't plan on releasing anything but screens to boost their ego (if anybody disagrees, talk to Marcel).

i dotn want to boost my ego, i just liek creating animations and misc objects for the mod to let everyone in the community play and enjoy, and also simulate ww2 smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Why can you not compare the two mods? They are both mods (Obviuosly..), they are both world-war 2 mods, they are both for OFP, they both can use the same tools, etc etc. It's not like one is being funded, or soemthing that would make one team more productive etc.. The biggest difference doesn't stop the mod being compared, it stops the mod teams being compared..

i wont compare the two because i will not, im not saying "o o o this mods better than that mod" each mod is unique, Lib has a place on my HD like inv44 and a few other mods smile_o.gif i believe none is the best, they are all good.

@b_ringer

no need to be like that, dont forget we have lives, most of us are currently doing A levels/GCSE's even higher educationals, these take up more time and means less tiem for OFP, which hence leads to longer delay

the reason we remake models is becuase we are unhappy with what has been made so far, as you can see weve remade the soldiers several times which is a giant pain in the arse for me as i have to animate the latest one....and then james makes another one right after that   mad_o.gif  so i have to stop and start again

all the negative people should stop getting their blood pressure high and chill, go make a mod your self and see how difficult it is, dont critise ANY mod and i mean ANY mod, you dont deserve to, you havnt made anything AFAIK (im wrong in some cases) so dont complain to us, if you could make stuff etc... then why not ask to help out? but no, you sit back in your lair stroking your fluffy white persian cat, sipping your cocktail made from peasants blood laughing manically as your slaves (parents in 99% cases) run at your beck and call,

ditch the act, each mod team and addon maker has a life which is contending with OFP and must be tended to first, please i ask you to be patient and not keep asking over and over again it just gets irritating for everyone who reads it.

Quote[/b] ]You don't play art.... the mod themselves have have called them self art

i havnt see anyone of the team call themself art  crazy_o.gif  each mod and addon makers work is art in their own mind, that is what we mean, and invasion 1944 is our vision of art, we dont do it to become famous or get on the cover of magazines and get paid money, we do it in our free time which can be very short to very long.

Quote[/b] ]Why? They are not doing anything "huge", nothing mould breaking (Before anyone says, I know how much work goes into addons, that is NOT my point..). As far as I can see, and have heard from various persons, their modeling WW2 units, more to make them look good, rather than play good.. Mods like FDF are far more impressive, a huge number of units (I used the mod for my first/previous squad, which I was in for.. quite a while, and still haven't even used half the things in it), all nice to use, lots of nice effects, sevral very impressive islands, and then they release another (pretty large, impressive) update/addon pack (The desert pack).. Without the dispresect people will take at this, Invasion 1944 is just a mod, it's just like the others

Grass?  wink_o.gif  LAGLESS Grass? that is groundbreaking (to a certain extent)

yes we released a demo ages ago (when i wasnt in the team)

and that is what most people used for their missions (now they use Libs  tounge_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]Their are photoshoped, remeber

only to a certain extent, blurring and contrast are the only ones that are mainly used on the screenshots

Quote[/b] ]Please, take a step back and look at your selves, it's a f***ing mod for a game, which now costs Å10, quit the f***ing secrets, what do you have to lose? Nothing

..if nothing else, atleast this post will slow the other "flames" down, by making them read a too-long post  

So cut the secrecy, cut the photoshoping screenshots and let the community, which you need to exist, know what it is your really doing.. even if you dont plan on releasing the stuff (I'm not 100% sure where this idea came from, but it's not been denied, really, so...), tell us, so maybe people will stop posting these stupidly long posts

yes it is a game, and we all do it for fun

sorry for the long post, and thanks to those who arent silly enough to keep whining on and on and on for a release date, you wont get one till we are ready for releasing.

to fans that are eagerly waiting, sign up for the newsletter to recieve news on us quicker than the site or forums smile_o.gif

Wildo

hmmm....

when it comes to art...

artists are never pleased with own work, and they can improve theyr work for eternity...

so we will probably wait for eternity...

Good Luck I44 confused_o.gif

Hehe... I'm like that!

Keep up the good work I44.

Quote[/b] ]this thread is like question Time but hostile

And they have given the same answer ever since they started.

Quote[/b] ]Invasion 1944 are one of the greatest Mods of OFP

How do you know. Have you played it yet. You are calling it the greatest and you have not played or seen anything but upgraded screenshots.

Quote[/b] ]The reason they are getting such a "hostile reception" isn't the reason their not telling anything, that is the cause of their hostile reception..

To add to this, 4 years and what do the OFP community have from them. 82nd Airborne and some Wermancht (sorry if I mispelled that) infantry. With a jeep, trucks, and a halftrack with some ugly tiger tanks.

Quote[/b] ]I think you all need to remember "INV44" are doing this because THEY want to

Ok, so they just wasted 4 years of their life for what. Next Question.

Quote[/b] ]and its a pitty to see people making negative comments

They are negative. I was telling the truth. Like Onix said they are photoshoped. That means, editing. I have photoshop I use it to make sigs and race cars for different games. I know what it is capable of.

Quote[/b] ]i can garentee you that when the mod is released you will all have a different outcome regarding comments.

Ok, I bet I will. But the question is when WILL IT BE RELEASED. WE ARE TIRED OF GETTING THE SAME STUPID ANSWER. "When its done its done"

Quote[/b] ]INV44 are making this for ofp

OFP 2 is going to be out before this mod does.

Quote[/b] ]the reason we remake models is becuase we are unhappy with what has been made so far, as you can see weve remade the soldiers several times which is a giant pain in the arse for me

I have seen probably most of the models and you know I can only notice a little difference. My opinion, the first model was good. You don't need to do the model 5 times and think you have it right because you are never going to have it exactly right.

Quote[/b] ]go make a mod your self and see how difficult it is

I was involved in a mod. OPGWC. Then it started dying.

Any more questions you want me to answer.

yeah I got a Q...

If you know how to make mods.. Why dont you join them to help bring it out wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If you know how to make mods.. Why dont you join them to help bring it out

I was a technical advisor.  I helped with the beta testing.  I told them what units where in the Persian Gulf War or Operation Desert Storm/Shield.  What tanks or choppers. I gave them detailed pictures of the units and gave them ideas.  I don't know how to model.  I can create a map though.  But I have not created a map in some time.  I am also not familar with the new programs out there.

NEXT

After reading parts of your forum (inv44 one i mean) and some of the troubles my enthusiasm for it has left somewhat.  The comments i read relating to high performance and needing a good pc to run the units and the islands is very frustrating after waiting for so long.  The previous version of Inv44 demo was like microsoft, it was a must for addons folder and it was hard to make a mission without them like a monopoly.  As others now have released versions the expectation and hope for you lot doesnt seem a hardship anymore.  

Anyway...

Im hoping to see diff versions, LOW and HIGH on units and islands.  As if your really going for broke on realism and detail some of us are gonna be left behind on a small PCs.

Good luck with it, I hope the release goes well.

I would just like to say thank you to I44 for making a mod to OFP.

This is one thing I hate about the community here we have about two dozen guys who have donated countless hours of their time, time they could spend with the families and ACTUALLY playing OFP and we go to them and tell them to rush and why are they taking so long.

PEOPLE THESE PEOPLE (I44 AND OTHER ADDON MAKERS) DONT OWE US ANYTHING SO TREAT THEM WITH THE RESPECT THEY DESERVE, WE DO NOT OWN THEM, HENCE WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL THEM TO HURRY UP, IF ANYTHING JUST SAY THANKYOU WHEN THE ADDON or MISSION IS REALEASED NOT STUFF LIKE DAM THIS ADDON SUCKS OR ABOUT TIME OR WE ALREADY HAVE THESE ADDONS.

I44 take your time and thnx once again for spending your time and quite possibably your money to make my OFP experience better.

Plus i was wondering are you people only going to be sticking to the European theatre or do you have plans for North Africa and perhaps Asia.

Thnx

Wa Va Voom out

What I am wondering is what makes you think you guys are in the position to demand anything? Especially when it comes to release dates. You should be glad it gets released instead of that the addon makers just keep stuff for themselves. People seem to forget that addon/mod makers in the first place make these addons for their own because they want to see something ingame.

Be glad that you are getting addons for free because addon makers don't owe you anything, if they want they can just keep it for themselves.

So please stop demanding things from modmakers, you're not in the position to demand anything mad_o.gif

Hey people , please avoid to make pressure on the addons/script/texture makers of this mod , that won't help them you know, encourage them , make cool comments and help them , that would be better, plus it'd allow ya to get the pack sooner than expected wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

The comments i read relating to high performance and needing a good pc to run the units and the islands is very frustrating after waiting for so long.

All those comments come from fans, not from teammembers smile_o.gif

Jojimbo has stated publicly already that the mod does not lag on an average spec computer. Average is something like a 2GHz processor with 512MB of RAM, with GF4 or higher. We test the mod with pc's with all different kinds of specs, and I haven't heard anyone complain about the latest version of the island being a lagfest. Don't listen to angry fans, because they think they know what is going on wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ok, so they just wasted 4 years of their life for what. Next Question.

Not really. Since I have joined I44 my modelling skills have improved and I have started to learn how to texture thanks to various team members. Not really a waste.

@ all inv. 1044 members (minus Marcel)

I made a mistake when I said you were all supporting Marcel's idea. yet nobody here has given any proof you are working towards a release. no i'm not talking about screens here, i'm talking about some sort of planning you guys have. wink_o.gif

@ Smiley nick

This is their mod. but that does not mean they can raise false expectations. Releasing screenshots, but not telling what's left to be done is giving people a sign stuff is ready.

@ Wildo

You made grass, but so did FDF, and some vietnam islands, and there was always that grass addon skye is using wink_o.gif . oh, and sorry for comparing you to Marcel tounge_o.gif .

@ Major gripe

You're right, we're walking a thin line here, but that's the fact, there are two camps here. Personally I am not interested in Invasion 1944 anymore. but after I talked to Marcel, and heard people say they can't wait till inv. 1944 releases... well, I just wated a answer from inv. 1944.

@ Wa Va Voom

There are people that simply chose (or didnt havea a choise) to spend time with the ofp community rather then their own parents. It's hard to understand, but if you ask them why they dont spend time with their parents you just get a *shrug* wink_o.gif .

@ Ironsight

Personally I am not demanding addons, I am asking for answers. When after four years there are people where that still believe in inv. 1944 I think they deserve atleast that much smile_o.gif . Invasion 1944's lack of "update" is just showing they are isolating themselves from the community, like Marcel said.

@ John

First off: I hope you didn't aimed the "angry fans think they know what's going on" at me. first off, I'm not a fan (not for a long time) , and... well, i'm not at liberty to say more.

What are you planning to do with that knowledge? you're investing it in Lowlands warrior (nice mossberg, really wink_o.gif ), but that's all. You're not happy with Inv. 1944's buisness of doing thesame model over three times, are you? what happened with those glasses you were working on? rock.gif

I seriously hope Inv. 1944 shows it's fans what's going on. I think that after four years they deserve atleast that.

Why do I get the feeling that this thread is just degenerating into the same old routine? I can't say I've learnt anything new from the topic, and I was't expecting to, either. I am quite content to wait for I44 to bring out their mod in their own time. It would seem, however, that some good-meaning community members can't quite hack that.

It reminds me of a scene in a film, ahem;

Col. Jessup: You want answers?

Kaffee: I think I'm entitled.

Col. Jessup: You want answers?

Kaffee: I want the truth!

Col. Jessup: You can't handle the truth!

Unlike A Few Good Men, though, no amount of asking, cajoling, trickery is going to make the I44 team suddenly release the mod or work flat out to get it out. People who say that they're not too interested in it, yet are posting here in criticising the slowness of the mod team, are talking crap. If you really don't care about the mod, don't bother posting here, because it's just counter-productive. Those who do care about the mod should give their whole hearted support to the mod team, which is what I'm going to do.

@ Ironsight

Personally I am not demanding addons, I am asking for answers. When after four years there are people where that still believe in inv. 1944 I think they deserve atleast that much smile_o.gif . Invasion 1944's lack of "update" is just showing they are isolating themselves from the community, like Marcel said.

It seems that you are missing my point. Invasion 1944 (and other modders) doesn't owe the community anything. They don't have to tell us anything and if they want to isolate themselves from the community than that's their choice. Nothing we can do about it. But maybe that's just only my opinion confused_o.gif

Plus i was wondering are you people only going to be sticking to the European theatre or do you have plans for North Africa and perhaps Asia.

You know, you go to be stupid.  This shows that you have no clue what is going on with that mod.  Don't come on here unless you actually know what you are talking about.  Go spend a couple of hours and go read all the so called new threads.