Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Invasion 1944

did the invasion 44 team find a way around the engine limitation that causes that on halftruck vehicles only the chain or the wheels could move?

is this a secret?

Ok, please keep I44 related discussions in here, and don't throw them around all over the forum smile_o.gif

About the mod not being released before: this is because we only want to release when we are satisfied with the result. No interim release, because if we did that people would whine that there are loads of bugs, and that things need fixing. If it is not finished, than we know that there are issues, that is exactly why it is not released.

To freshen up peoples minds:

I44 will be released in Phases. Phase 1 will cover the initial British landings. This Phase is the foundation for everything else. Once the base is there, expanding upon this base will be easier and faster. In total there will be 4 Phases, not including the Eastern and Italian fronts.

Well call me stupid or something...but what is there to be discussed or talked about? when there`s nothing to talk about rock.gif

There`s hardly no info on the progress, no new screenshots of something amazing or totally new.

Questions are hardly answered because of secrecy...so?

Any chance of seeing something new, screenies new units, armour, vehicles, planes or a island?

Just suprise us.....oh and not some animations pics by wildo because we dont care about those tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Didnt this mod die on the vine. They have been "working" on this for almost two years now with nothing new to show for months. I figured it was belly up. Who knows.

I don't wish to sound moronic but does this thread have a point? All thats been said is 'I can't tell you' from I44 members and discussion of things we already knew by us mere mortals!

Unfortunatly I wont be able to play this mod cause i wont be able to play ofp on the laptop im taking to college. That is unless you guys could send me an early release, wink wink, jk. Too bad though would have really liked to have tried it out.

Whoa, another great topic, just like the Everlasting Countdown Project.

Q: When...?

A: I won't tell ya.

Q: Specifications...?

Q: Units...?

Q: Why did you start this topic?

Thanks for your attention.

I made this topic to keep the whining about releases out of other topics, to please the mods tounge_o.gif

And some new screenshots will arrive shortly blush.gif

Quote[/b] ]Whoa, another great topic, just like the Everlasting Countdown Project.

Q: When...?

Q: Specifications...?

Q: Units...?

Q: Why did you start this topic?

Thanks for your attention.

Well given the hostile reception they got straight after starting this thread I can't blame them for deciding not to tell anything.

Release dates are meaningless when projects, especially ones of this size, are done in people's spare time. People seem to forget that this has to fitted in around a job/studying and friends and family, plus times where the last thing you want to do is spend hours sat in front of a computer making addons and for no reward other than the the satisfaction of seeing it finished and others enjoying it.

ECP is a prime example, yes it's been delayed for months, but for very good reasons, they've found problems with it and have been trying to fix them. Now if it was me that had to deal with the comments they've been getting I would have turned around and said "balls to the lot of you, we just wont release it!".

Looking at Inv44 do you have any idea of the scale of the project? They're having to make new units, vehicles, buildings, objects and islands not to mention the missions in the campaign, short of the engine itself, it's almost a complete new game, all this takes time!

Their phase one release is probably going to be the biggest part as, with the subsequent phasing being able to reuse objects and units from it.

I'm getting pretty sick of people on this forum whining because they have to wait for things to be released, claiming a mod is dead because they havent posted any new screenshots for a couple of weeks or, and this one really bugs me, claiming they are being teased if they do release screenshots but not the addon straight afterwards.

Do you have any idea of the amount of work that's required to make an addon? From some people's comments, I doubt it very much! For a start there's the main model to make and texture, taking a tank as an example, this is the one you see when you are stood up close to it. Once you've made this it is possible to make a basic config and get it in game and take some screenshots of it, which is all very nice, but that's all it's good for, in order for it to function correctly it needs approximately 4-5 lower poly versions of the main model which are displayed as you get further from the tank, then there's the geometry lod, which defines the shape and mass of the tank so that it doesn't pass through things, the fire geometry, which allows the AI to target it, a memory lod, which defines where the gun is, turret rotation axis etc and at least one internal view lod which contains the model that is seen when the player is in the tank.

At this point you have a funtioning addon but without altering the config it will act exactly like a BIS M1A1, T72, etc. Making changes to the config so that it "feels" right can take as long as making the model in the first place, and this is just for one tank, the same thing has to be done for all the units, vehicles, weapons, buildings and objects in the mod.

If everyone out there made at least one attempt to make an addon, there'd be a whole lot less complaining about release dates on this forum!

Anyway, enough ranting from me, I've been following Inv44's progress since they started and I'm very impressed by what I've seen and I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait!

most people that complain havnt even tried having a go at addon making, saying poor excuses like "i dont understand it" or "its to hard for me" thats what i first thought when i started modelling, wrping and animating, and shit look at me now, i know practically everything in o2, animating and wrping, i also know small amounts of texturing and such

so my suggestion to people that complain that mods are taking so long, fine make your own, dont keep bothering people as it takes time off making the mod to answer silly little questions on "when will it be released", my answer to that is when we feel that the mod we have created and put our hard earned spare time into is suitable to be played by the masses, and im saying this is on every mods behalf not just inv44's smile_o.gif

and DeLiltMon i certainly agree with your post smile_o.gif you certainly do point out the most relevant stuff people moan about smile_o.gif

Wildo

Hello Mr DeLiltMon and Mr wildo, thanks for your answers!

I have to apologize, my post was way too sarcastic, the Inv44 guys deserves more then this, I've just... overreacted. I'm sorry!

I don't want to flame, and do stop being off-topic. Maybe I should start a new topic about this because I disagree with you but don't know if it worth it or it's just a useless personal opinion... hey, peace!  smile_o.gif

im one of those who waits for I44 release, im also someone whos making my own mod, a was member of other mods (like The Unsung for a while, remember The Unsung ? many ppl still waits for this mod)

so basicly i know how it is on both sides of baricade.

and i say all those secrets and this whole topic are bullshit.

sorry guys.

but on another hand, thats theyr mod, they will decide.

Well given the hostile reception they got straight after starting this thread I can't blame them for deciding not to tell anything.

Release dates are meaningless when projects, especially ones of this size, are done in people's spare time. People seem to forget that this has to fitted in around a job/studying and friends and family, plus times where the last thing you want to do is spend hours sat in front of a computer making addons and for no reward other than the the satisfaction of seeing it finished and others enjoying it.

ECP is a prime example, yes it's been delayed for months, but for very good reasons, they've found problems with it and have been trying to fix them. Now if it was me that had to deal with the comments they've been getting I would have turned around and said "balls to the lot of you, we just wont release it!".

Looking at Inv44 do you have any idea of the scale of the project? They're having to make new units, vehicles, buildings, objects and islands not to mention the missions in the campaign, short of the engine itself, it's almost a complete new game, all this takes time!

Their phase one release is probably going to be the biggest part as, with the subsequent phasing being able to reuse objects and units from it.

I'm getting pretty sick of people on this forum whining because they have to wait for things to be released, claiming a mod is dead because they havent posted any new screenshots for a couple of weeks or, and this one really bugs me, claiming they are being teased if they do release screenshots but not the addon straight afterwards.

Do you have any idea of the amount of work that's required to make an addon? From some people's comments, I doubt it very much! For a start there's the main model to make and texture, taking a tank as an example, this is the one you see when you are stood up close to it. Once you've made this it is possible to make a basic config and get it in game and take some screenshots of it, which is all very nice, but that's all it's good for, in order for it to function correctly it needs approximately 4-5 lower poly versions of the main model which are displayed as you get further from the tank, then there's the geometry lod, which defines the shape and mass of the tank so that it doesn't pass through things, the fire geometry, which allows the AI to target it, a memory lod, which defines where the gun is, turret rotation axis etc and at least one internal view lod which contains the model that is seen when the player is in the tank.

At this point you have a funtioning addon but without altering the config it will act exactly like a BIS M1A1, T72, etc. Making changes to the config so that it "feels" right can take as long as making the model in the first place, and this is just for one tank, the same thing has to be done for all the units, vehicles, weapons, buildings and objects in the mod.

If everyone out there made at least one attempt to make an addon, there'd be a whole lot less complaining about release dates on this forum!

Anyway, enough ranting from me, I've been following Inv44's progress since they started and I'm very impressed by what I've seen and I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait!

Amen to that.

IMO the INV44 guys are doing it right. I don't want to have their great mod spoiled by some bugs and furthermore i hate patches! I think it is much better to have one pack without  / with a few bugs than a three times patched version.

And they are showing pictures/ information - just check their forums.

BTW I read in the Inv forums that they plan a newsletter, but I don't understand why they just don't post news on their site?

BTW I read in the Inv forums that they plan a newsletter, but I don't understand why they just don't post news on their site?

Because that way you won't have to check the site/forum everyday, but will be notified when there is news. Also Arch, our PR-officer, is very excited about it, so we let him fiddle around with it tounge_o.gif

I cannot wait for the "a bridge too far" part of the game! smile_o.gif

Yes it's not released because it is not ready,it's as simple as that.It is "near" to release as we are well into finishing off the needed bits and bobs,bug testing,a couple of minor models to do,some brand new units coming along.

We will be posting some new pics soon.

However,when released,it will be the last "when it's done" big mod project.After phase one there will be "upgrades" to the existing core components,and additions to the addon database.I believe this is the way to go,as big mod projects and secrecy are not popular,this will change.

I see invasion44 as an ongoing project for the ofp type engine,more of a future ww2 sp and online simulation than a "mod" and we will follow BIS with any of their updates to the ofp engine,such as Armed Assault.

The phase one of the project is the hardest part,this is our foundation stone for everything else that comes along,such as different theatres etc,will all use the core files and mod folder.

Quality is important,because the vision is to recreate a ww2 mod to be realistic,but we need to compile the campaign,get the missions finished etc,

Once the first mod is released the other "phases" should follow in a lot less time,and as i stated,in "upgrades" to the already existing version.

LoL smile_o.gif

soo...

if there is nothing to discuss then why we are discussing "it" ? tounge_o.gif

is it becouse we all would love to see this mod released before we get old and grumpy ? wink_o.gif

I have followed this mod for what seems like ever... and it looks good. However the mods stance on giveing release dates and info has killed otherm ods for other games, and even other games themself.

If a mods going to be good I dont care how long it takes to come out... but teams that dont bother to say "its going to be 2 years from now" and just say "When its done" anger a lot of people, thus hurt their mod. Becuase people will wait when they know how long they are waiting for it... but when you know its going to be a long time and dont say so, people will get tiered of waiting. Its like this... one day one you said "When its ready". Now years later..."When its ready". So as far as anyone is concerned your not even close to release, years after you started. Theres nothing wrong with not giveing hard dates, but a "This summer/fall sometime" would due.

The mods looking great... but the lack of info, and release dates of any kind give the mod a sorta black eye. Show your fans some respect, and give them an IDEA when to expect it... instead of makeing them wait years with no idea when its coming out.

Quote[/b] ]It is "near" to release as we are well into finishing off the needed bits and bobs,bug testing,a couple of minor models to do,some brand new units coming along.

Good to know its chugging along, though you must know how horribly annoying it is when you say "when its done", even if it is true. tounge_o.gif

I still can't wait for it smile_o.gif

i can give an exact release date now smile_o.gif its ..............

burn :P

no seriously we are working as fast as our fat chubby hands can go (in the rest of the teams case, me well im slowly doing the anims at my own pace, theyll be finished next year or so ;) **runs off before james thwacks me**)

but keep alert guys, i believe ther will be more news soon (i think crazy_o.gif )

Wildo

Quote[/b] ]1. Why wont you release it?

Because they are stubborn and are ignorant

Quote[/b] ]2. it would stain our reputation

What reputation. They have not even released anything but a little demo.

This is a joke. A big joke. When is it going to be released. When its done. Well that is the question. You guys are never going to finish. We have been waiting for a very long time and supposedly Inv44 has (my hands doing the quotes - been working hard at it), but all Inv44 has to show for it is a demo. We see units in screenshots done and complete. But will we ever be able to use them in missions. Well the answer is no. You ask why, it is simple really, you will be playing Operation Flashpoint 2 before this mod comes out. This has been a big joke. If anything was done they could atleast make another pack to go along with the demo.

Their team is so spread out. They have 5 guys doing Africa, 5 people doing Normandy, 5 People doing Marget Garden, and 5 doing Russian front. This is stupid. You guys are never going to finish anything by doing this. The leaders need to have a meeting and get their guys organized and finish the base. Get everyone togethor and do one at a time. It doesn't matter which one just one. Then once your done, go to a second one.

Quote[/b] ]Amen to that.

IMO the INV44 guys are doing it right. I don't want to have their great mod spoiled by some bugs and furthermore i hate patches! I think it is much better to have one pack without / with a few bugs than a three times patched version.

There are going to patches anyway. Little fixes. You will have patches. You may not think there will be or they won't but some people will find some.

Quote[/b] ]And they are showing pictures/ information - just check their forums.

Just came from there and I don't see anything new in the last couple of weeks.

Quote[/b] ]BTW I read in the Inv forums that they plan a newsletter, but I don't understand why they just don't post news on their site?

They don't need to worry about a newsletter. They don't even post news on the website.

Don't delete this. You want the truth, well here it is. This should be a wake-up call to everyone in the ofp world that wants this mod to come out. You say its a great mod. We have not even seen it yet and it will be a great mod when and if it comes out intime.

Can you all calm down, this thread is like question Time but hostile.

If I was in the mod, i would just delete the mod off my hard drive and see wha you all say. But i'm sad like that.

B_ringer... why the hostile attitude, it's going to get you nowhere except outta here - fast.

Invasion 1944 are one of the greatest Mods of OFP - pushing the limits of OFP trying to recreate WW2 as accurately as possible, this takes time - you can't rush art wink_o.gif

Have you seen the screenshots... wow_o.gif

B_ringer go flame somebody else's forum,I44 is going to kick major ass. Just because they havent released anything but a demo actually is a good thing because it means they are trying to make sure it's going to be everything they promised it will be. So why dont you just log off and never come back until you can learn be nice. mad_o.gif

B_ringer go flame somebody else's forum,I44 is going to kick major ass. Just because they havent released anything but a demo actually is a good thing because it means they are trying to make sure itgoing to be everything they promised it will be. So why dont you just log off and never come back until you can learn be nice. mad_o.gif

was that actually this inv44 team, that puplished the demo? i thought most of the members changed since then?

anyway, this thread seems to turn out as a bad idea in my opinion, i can understand that the inv44 team is annoyed by all the demanding and sometimes offense, but then to decide not to answer real questions means that thread leads nowhere and it becomes senseless

not that i don't like there stuff, i am sure it is amazing, but this thread is it by far not