Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Armed Assault - should the name be changed?

-Visual Contact: <title>

-Internal Conflict: <title>

-Oblivion Lost: <title> ([/rip])

-Forgotten Arms

I actually spend so much time thinking of other titles my PC went into hybernation sad_o.gif , damn, thinking of something without:

operation

global

terror

allied

is hard... sad_o.gif Bis, just ask Seventh if you can use Virtual Battlefield Systems, that name is just.... so... cool biggrin_o.gif

They should use another name including OFP, Flashpoint or Operation. Armed Assault could realy lead into great confusion with AA can stand for Armed Assault as well as for Americas Army.

Anyway. However the name is, I want to buy it now. biggrin_o.gif

Let's call it OFP

Operation Fallpoint

Codemasters ore owned hahahahahahhahahahahhah! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I don't like the name Armed Assault either. I think too many of these new arcadish games have these lurid titles like Brothers in Arms, Call of Duty, all those things where you think of a bad Hollywood film.

I'd like something different. A name with a different construct compared to all those. A preposition in a title is very unusual, so something like "The Flashpoint Conflict" would sound interesting IMO as well as it would remind of the old title. FPC wasn't a bad abbreviation either. I'll see if I can think of more titles.

I highly doubt that they can change the title at theis stage, its only a couple of months away from release and the core of the game, i dont mean graphics but the system files are more likely sorted.

It could be attack of the wombles for all i care smile_o.gif

FP:AA works for me

Avonlady, you're hilarious. (Take him away!)

I agree about the name, and about the fact that it's probably too late. I'm sure we'll all continue to call it OFP, so it doesn't really matter. My name suggestion would be 'Operation Bohemia'. Virtual Battle Space/System is good too. Operation... Battle... Virtual Battle Operation? Virtual Battle Ops? VBO?

Again it could be called Battlefield 2005 or some such trash and I'd still buy it.

It doesn't really conflict with Americas Army really it would be written as OFP: AA or OFP 1.5 :P smile_o.gif

just Flashpoint wink_o.gif

could be called by the community just 1.5 biggrin_o.gif

(yet beating down americas army and make aa remembered for all time as armed assault sounds interesting too ghostface.gif )

Operation "Poseidon SecondEdition".

i think that AA is pretty unhandy. but now, after the press release, it is way too late to change it wink_o.gif

Armed Assault sounds like another of those MOHAA/CoD WWII first person shoot em up games...If I saw the game in a PC shop, I would probaly not look at it. It will be quite a drop from the excellent name, OFP biggrin_o.gif If they release it with this name, I gotta take the CD out and put it in the OFP:R cover... tounge_o.gif

I would like to call the Game like that:

<span style='color:blue'>"Operation Firestorm"</span> for e.g.

The Acronym than would be <span style='color:blue'>"OFS"</span> instead of "OFP".

It sounds pretty good - don't you think, too?

Additional to this no conflicts to other game-acronyms are known by me.

Let's call it OFP

Operation Fallpoint

Codemasters ore owned hahahahahahhahahahahhah! biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Nah.. this name is too simillar to Operation Flashpoint, so yes, even this would be a breach of copyright!

Avonlady, you're hilarious.  (Take him away!)

I thought he is a she...... rock.gif

I agree AA is not the best name they could end up with but i m sure they had their reasons....

how much does codemasters want so we can use the name? tounge_o.gif what the hell let s buy whole Codemasters! sad_o.gifwow_o.gifunclesam.gif

I think operation as a part of the name is not that important.but Flashpoint ye.should be included somehow...

Let's call it OFP

Operation Fallpoint

Codemasters ore owned hahahahahahhahahahahhah! biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Nah.. this name is too simillar to Operation Flashpoint, so yes, even this would be a breach of copyright!

[off-topic]

The Operation dr. Flashpoint Armed himself with was an Assualt on the private life.

[/off-topic]

Something must be done with the name crazy_o.gif

how much does codemasters want so we can use the name? tounge_o.gif

Let's set up a fond to buy the copyright ... imagine 30000 users spending 10 Euro each, 300 000 Euro should be enough to buy a copyright not? biggrin_o.gif

I hate the name too. When I first told the name to someone (Gandalf The White), he told me he wouldn't dare to go into a shop to ask for a game with that kind of (arcadish) title tounge_o.gif

I hate the name too. When I first told the name to someone (Gandalf The White), he told me he wouldn't dare to go into a shop to ask for a game with that kind of (arcadish) title tounge_o.gif

he will.....oh he will biggrin_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Well i dont think anyone owns the copyrights to the acronym OFP thus any 3 or 2 words that can form these letters with a "II" on the end would do for me.

so even if its called "Ordinary Flashlight and Pencil II" I wont care cuz every time i'd right OFPII anyway. tounge_o.gif

how much does codemasters want so we can use the name? tounge_o.gif

Let's set up a fond to buy the copyright ... imagine 30000 users spending 10 Euro each, 300 000 Euro should be enough to buy a copyright not? biggrin_o.gif

I would do that ^^

Avonlady, you're hilarious.  (Take him away!)

I thought he is a she...... rock.gif

She is.

LtUlrich was quoting me with regard to someone else.

Well i dont think anyone owns the copyrights to the acronym OFP thus any 3 or 2 words that can form these letters with a "II" on the end would do for me.

so even if its called "Ordinary Flashlight and Pencil II" I wont care cuz every time i'd right OFPII anyway. tounge_o.gif

BIS should care as it would be their trademark that should be recognizable. In order to gain more attention and sales profit thus more fun for us with future releases.

What's up with Operation Firefly

This sounds like OFP and is a bit related to it from the call sign "firefly base". In my opinion the word "operation" is a must be to make it much clearer. It should be an improved OFP so why calling it completely other than a easy regarding name???

Or is BI even not allowed to use parts of the name OFP???

Again. Operation Firefly would be my favorite!!!

Guest Ti0n3r

Anonymous Assault is a good name tounge_o.gif

To be honest: I don't mind the name.. biggrin_o.gif

Of course Armed Assault seems a little.. well.. lets say "unmilitary" as every dumb ass knows that an unarmed assault generally is a very short and senseless one.

But what I'm really concerned about is the fact that judging from the pics - besides the obvious new shadow system - the engine hasn't changed a bit! sad_o.gif It's still the old houses, trees and bushes - and the soldiers only slightly look better then HYK US Soldiers. SO what I as a mod maker expect BIS is to really show some fresh air in the engine itself!

Features like:

- Animated vehicles (so we can construct cranes, walkers etc..

- several gunners per vehicle

- easy to use animated textures and bumbmaps

- better and more flexible ammunition system..

If they implent only 2 of those four features i will definitley buy the game - despite the strange name biggrin_o.gif