Sign in to follow this  
Acacyn

StarWars Addons by Acacyn

Looks great! I'll try it out as soon as I get home. thumbs-up.gif

Wow!

Really great addon! I love the lasergun, shots as fast as I have it in imagination ^^

Some ideas for your mod:

We all knoe that this IMPERIUM vs Old/New Republic has been used in many games before.

Did you ever read the series with the Yuzaahn Vong?

In german it's called "Das Erbe der Jediritter", I just looked it up at amazon and I believe it's called "The new Jedi order" in english, quiet different....

Anyway I really hope you did read it, because it would be something special which nobody ever did use in a film or a computer - game. The Vong are completely different from people living in the SW galaxies and their way of flying and fighting is completly diffrent, too. smile_o.gif

While I love the model and it's performance in my hands, it appears that the AI can't use it at all, and if the AI does appear to be responding to a target it will just continue to circle the target at an ever increasing altitude until the fuel reaches zero.

A standard BIS vulcan will toss it around a bit to much, in comparison to the BIS A10/Su25 which receive only a slight vibration.

If you set it to flying in the editor, it's beginning speed is over 1200(I'm guessing this is a script issue), which will pretty much blow over any standard Flashpoint island in a few seconds.

Overall I think the handling is a bit too light, the AI and "tossing" problem is probably related to the same thing. I think some of your scripts are responding too slowly.

Personally, I would just give it a normal runway take-off/landing and ditch the scripts, but that's just me.

Coincidentally these are roughly the same issues I have with the other recent SW releases(A-Wing, Y-Wing). Although the AI can seem to use the A-Wing.

@k@voven: Danke für das Lob smile_o.gif ! Vong? Ist das eine Spezies? Haben die coole Raumschiffe und Waffen? Oder sogar coole Rüstungen? Wenn ja, dann wäre es echt toll wenn du mir ein paar Bilder von denen zuschicken oder hier posten könntest wink_o.gif

@k@voven: Thanks smile_o.gif !Vong? Is that a species? If yes could you please send me pics of their ships, gear, weapons and armors?

Just a few infos in english(I'll continue this per PM, much faster in german wink_o.gif )

The Vong are from another galaxy and the really real enemy after Admiral Thrawn out of the Thrawn series(6 books).

They hate everything which has to do with machines, everything they use is biological. They believe in some gods and their highest goal in life is pain. They sacrifice their hands for example to the gods.

Their fleeds are controlled by one lifeform, it's called the war-coordinator. He communicates with the ships and tells them where to go and so...

The ships haven't got any shields, but they use some kind of black holes to absorb the laserbeams and so on. In the first books the New Republic had many problems to destroy them. The fighters are highly trained and they use some kind of stick which cannot be cut through by the lightswords of the Jedi. And the Jedi even can't feel them by the force. So there is a really dangerous new enemy. In the 9th book they conquer Corucant and I think now they Republic is turning the tide.

Ok, I could tell much more about the books, but that would be too OT...

Check your postbox soon smile_o.gif

@Commander-598: Actually the AI flies very well on my computer  huh.gif There are cool dogfight and they hunt the enemies really good (as you can see on the public pics)

And the ship is a VTOL so i cant use a normal start/landing script. The original scripts are all made by KaRRiLLioN who made the A-,Y-Wing and YT2000 aswell. wink_o.gif

And some of the scripts slow down the speed of that ship. So if you put it into the editor as flying it has its original speed, but if you start of the ground, it has a very slow speed (just something with 600)

Dont ask me why huh.gif

But i hope you ejnoy it anyway

i think i can fix those problems until the next version of the ARC.

@K@voven: thanks for the info, but unfortunately it sound impossible to create this with OF. Maybe ArmA or OF2 wink_o.gif

Just before I go to bed.. That thing is great biggrin_o.gif

Easy to fly.. Comming from a person who can barrely take off a Cessna tounge2.gif

Flew it around a map in MP, flew it up small valley types things behind Gandalf, narrowly avoided him about 10 times flying head on etc biggrin_o.gif

Well done thumbs-up.gif

- Ben

Just before I go to bed.. That thing is great biggrin_o.gif

Easy to fly.. Comming from a person who can barrely take off a Cessna tounge2.gif

Flew it around a map in MP, flew it up small valley types things behind Gandalf, narrowly avoided him about 10 times flying head on etc biggrin_o.gif

Well done thumbs-up.gif

- Ben

I had to avoid you! tounge2.gif

and at the end I even had to pick you up because you crashed and slidded into a fecking hangar! rofl.gif

Okedokey, i have started following ships...

-V-19 Torrent Starfighter (Of Episode II until III )

aca_v19_work01.jpg

-V-21 Raptor Starfighter (Thats a self-invented-construction. I use a very very cool concept sketch which i have found in the web. It will be similiar to teh V-19 but much more cooler, i promise)

(Pics will be posted soon)

-Geonosian Starfighter (Of Episode II - III )

(Pics will be posted soon)

Ok, the V-19 has 4 <span style='color:red'>Concussion Missiles</span> and i have created a seperate .pbo where this <span style='color:red'>ConMis</span>is. But it has a strange bug.

If i dont lock any target than the conmis flies absolutely normal straight forward, like a hellfire, but as soon as i lock a target (an air vehicle) the conmis flies some metres forward and than it flies up into the sky and change the direction. --> <span style='color:yellow'>WHY?</span>

aca_cvw_conmis.jpg

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// Clone Vehicles Weapons - Missiles by Acacyn

#define TEast 0

#define TWest 1

#define TGuerrila 2

#define TCivilian 3

#define TSideUnknown 4

#define TEnemy 5

#define TFriendly 6

#define TLogic 7

#define true 1

#define false 0

#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

class CfgPatches

{

class aca_cvw

{

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {cvw_conmis};

requiredVersion = 1.91;

};

};

class CfgModels

{

class Default {};

class Weapon: default {};

class cvw_conmis: Weapon {};

};

class CfgSounds

{

class cvw_conmis_impact

{

sound[]={"\aca_cvw\conmis_impact.wav",50,0};

name = "cvw_conmis_impact";

titles[] = {};

};

};

class CfgAmmo

{

class Default {};

class AT3: Default {};

class CarlGustav: AT3 {};

class cvw_conmis_mag : CarlGustav

{

minRange=100;minRangeProbab=0.8;

midRange=500;midRangeProbab=1.0;

maxRange=2000;maxRangeProbab=1.0;

airLock=1;

irLock=0;

initTime=0.5;

ThrustTime=100;

thrust=1000;

maxspeed=1300;

hit=100;indirectHit=80;indirectHitRange=3;

model="\aca_cvw\conmis.p3d";

proxyShape="\aca_cvw\conmis.p3d"

manualControl=0;

maxControlRange=2000;

maneuvrability=100.0;

soundHit[]={"\aca_cvw\conmis_impact.wav",db50,1};

soundfly[]={"\aca_cvw\conmis_fly.wav",db29,1};

};

};

class CfgWeapons

{

class Default {};

class LAWLauncher: Default {};

class CarlGustavLauncher : LAWLauncher {};

class AT3Launcher: CarlGustavLauncher {};

class HellfireLauncher: AT3Launcher {};

class MaverickLauncher: HellfireLauncher {};

class cvw_conmis: MaverickLauncher

{

ammo=cvw_conmis_mag;

displayName="Concussion Missile";

displayNameMagazine="ConMis";

shortNameMagazine="ConMis";

magazine="cvw_conmis_mag";

count=6;

initspeed=15;

proxyShape="\aca_cvw\conmis.p3d"

model="\aca_cvw\conmis.p3d";

canLock=2;

aiRateOfFire=8;

aiRateOfFireDistance=3500;

sound[]={"\aca_cvw\conmis_fire.wav",db30,1};

};

};

class CfgNonAIVehicles

{

class ProxyWeapon {};

class ProxyArmedPlane_MG: ProxyWeapon {};

class Proxycvw_conmis_mag: ProxyWeapon

{

model="\aca_cvw\conmis.p3d"; simulation="maverickweapon";

};

};

Whats wrong there?

The Conmis modell in O2 has a weight of 18 in Geometry Lod and just one component.

Just a few infos in english(I'll continue this per PM, much faster in german wink_o.gif )

The Vong are from another galaxy and the really real enemy after Admiral Thrawn out of the Thrawn series(6 books).

They hate everything which has to do with machines, everything they use is biological. They believe in some gods and their highest goal in life is pain. They sacrifice their hands for example to the gods.

Their fleeds are controlled by one lifeform, it's called the war-coordinator. He communicates with the ships and tells them where to go and so...

The ships haven't got any shields, but they use some kind of black holes to absorb the laserbeams and so on. In the first books the New Republic had many problems to destroy them. The fighters are highly trained and they use some kind of stick which cannot be cut through by the lightswords of the Jedi. And the Jedi even can't feel them by the force. So there is a really dangerous new enemy. In the 9th book they conquer Corucant and I think now they Republic is turning the tide.

Ok, I could tell much more about the books, but that would be too OT...

Check your postbox soon smile_o.gif

vong.jpg

These?

Yes, probably, although they don't have so(!wink_o.gif many spikes on their heads. But their fighting stick (Amphiestaff) identifies them clearly smile_o.gif

Ah, and their body armor doesn't look like they're body-builders ^^

Remember, the armor is alive, too wink_o.gif And that thing doesn't look to vital to me crazy_o.gif

EDIT

Founrd the entry in the SW Databank:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/yuuzhanvong/

Well, I do not think even ArmA will be capable simulation the Amphiestaffs. You know, on the one hand they can be as strong as anything(they even resist lightswords) and on the other hand they combine this strength with the flexebility of a snake goodnight.gif

what i find weird is in the end the new republic and the imperial remenment join forces to kill the vong huh.gif , how ironic biggrin_o.gif

The imperium had already problems with the vong in their time. I don't know if somebody here knows, but Vader hat a huge castle in the outer terretories of the galaxis. And there where the first fights between the vong and tie-fighters. But they decided to keep quiet, because they didn't know anything about them.

I think I can remember that the "Hinterbliebenden" (the old Imperium) had also the idea to modfie the frequence of the lasers, but that goes again to OT wink_o.gif

Now, at the moment it looks like the Vong have won, because Corucant has fallen and the Jedi loosing people everyday. Had Solo has lost two of his children in a commando operation and so on...

But I guess everything will turn out fine wink_o.gif

Thats the list of Clones which will appear in my <span style='color:green'>Clones Pack</span>...

Resistance / Clone Wars / ...

- RC (White)..............................Republic Commando with white armor

- RC (Black)..............................Republic Commando with black/night armor

- RC (Sniper)..............................Republic Commando with special sniper gear

- RC (Saboteur)..............................Republic Commando with special saboteur gear

- RC (Assault)..............................Republic Commando with heavy assault gear

- RC (Woodland)..............................Republic Commando with woodland camo

- RC (Desert)..............................Republic Commando with desert camo

- RC (Geo)..............................Republic Commando with special Geonosis camo

- RC (Support)..............................Republic Commando with repair skills

- RC (Medic)..............................Republic Commando with medic skills

<span style='color:green'>- Commander Acacyn..............................Special ARC variant</span>

<span style='color:red'>- Clone Trooper (Aqua)..............................CT with special aqua armor and gear (self invented)

- Clone Trooper (Space)..............................CT with spcial space camo and armor</span>

- Clone Stormtrooper..............................CT with Stormtrooper helmet

Resistance / Clone Wars Ep II/ ...

- Clone Trooper..............................Regular CT with white camo

- Clone Trooper (G)..............................CT Corporal with green marks

- Clone Trooper (B)..............................CT Sergeant with blue marks

- Clone Trooper ®..............................CT Lieutenant with red marks

- Clone Trooper (Y)..............................CT Commander with yellow marks

- Clone Pilot..............................CT with yellow marks and special pilot helmet

- ARC (Green) ..............................Advanced Recon Commando with green marks

- ARC (Blue) ..............................Advanced Recon Commando with blue marks

- ARC (Red) ..............................Advanced Recon Commando with red marks

- ARC (Yellow) ..............................Advanced Recon Commando with yellow marks

- ARC (Desert) ..............................Advanced Recon Commando with desert camo

- ARC (Night) ..............................Advanced Recon Commando with night camo

Resistance / Clone Wars Ep III/ ...

- Clone Trooper..............................Regular CT with white camo

- Clone Trooper (Blue)..............................Regular CT with blue marks (Vaders Fist)

- Clone Trooper (Red)..............................Regular CT with red marks

- Clone Trooper (Green)..............................Regular CT with green marks

- Clone Trooper (Brown)..............................Regular CT with brown marks

- Clone Trooper (Yellow)..............................Regular CT with yellow marks variant I (Utapau)

- Clone Trooper (Yellow II)..............................Regular CT with yellow marks variant II

- Clone Trooper (Guard)..............................CT Coruscant guard with red marks

- Clone Trooper (Arctic)..............................CT with special arctic armor

- Clone Trooper (Scout)..............................CT with special scout armor

- Clone Trooper (Crew)..............................CT with special crew armor (AT-RT)

- Clone Trooper (Assault)..............................CT with special assault armor and gear (Utapau)

- Clone Trooper (Woodland)..............................CT with spcial camo and armor (Kashyyyk)

- Clone Trooper (Desert)..............................CT with spcial camo and armor

- Clone Pilot I..............................CP with modified pilot armor (Alpha-3 Nebulus)

- Clone Pilot II..............................CP with new pilot armor (ARC-170)

- CC Baccara ..............................Clone Commander

- CC Bly ..............................Clone Commander

- CC Cody ..............................Clone Commander

- CC Gree ..............................Clone Commander

- CC Neyo ..............................Clone Commander

- ARC (Green) ..............................Advanced Recon Commando with green marks

- ARC (Blue) ..............................Advanced Recon Commando with blue marks

- ARC (Red) ..............................Advanced Recon Commando with red marks

- ARC (Yellow) ..............................Advanced Recon Commando with yellow marks

- ARC (Desert) ..............................Advanced Recon Commando with desert camo

- ARC (Night) ..............................Advanced Recon Commando with night camo

- ARC (Grey) ..............................Advanced Recon Commando with grey camo

- ARC (Woodland) ..............................Advanced Recon Commando with grey camo

- ARC (Saboteur) ..............................Advanced Recon Commando with special gear

}=-----------------------------------={

-All in all there are 54 Clone units

-If there are any Clones which you wish to put into the <span style='color:green'>Clones Pack</span> too, than post here the name of the unit and a picture (photo, concept sketch) and maybe i will create that unit too.

-The <span style='color:green'>Clones Pack</span> will be released in 2005 (but the detailed release date is unknown)

-I will add pics of all Clones soon (original)

}=-----------------------------------={

<span style='color:red'>red</span> - completely self invented units

hey i have a small suggestion for your ships... i have been playing with them non stop.. completly awesome. the flight dynamics the take off and landing i LOVE IT.

one thing that bugs me when i order my AI units to get in the ship it says "2 get in plane"

and its not a plane its a ship (space ship in essence)

in teh config add the line namesound="ship" and that way the starships will be refered to as a ship instead of a plane.

other then that i love it biggrin_o.gif

thank you for the tip wink_o.gif That will be fixed in the final/next version

BTW: Who knows how many point and faces have the soldiers of Hyakushik`s Modern US Troops? I think i will make the same count of them in my Clone Pack

Well, due to job related reasons, I don´t have much free time right now, but i had some time to start this early concept art for the custom ARC Trooper (made without any visual reference but my poor visual memory):

conceptsketch.jpg

I hope you like it.

Greetings