Sign in to follow this  
Acacyn

StarWars Addons by Acacyn

@~Locke~: No, i dont really like the spaceships of the rebellion except the snowspeeder. But i hope there are other addonmaker who will release some. (like the STAR WARS MOD, they have already done an Y-Wing)

Update

I will start to create my "Clones Pack" now, which will content:

-different standard Clone Trooper (normal,red,blue,yellow,green)

-different ARC Trooper (Advanced Recon Commando) (red,blue,dark)

-different Republic Commando`s

-a lot of different Weapons  (guns,grenades,missile launcher, grenade launchers, mines, bombs)

-some items (nv googles, binocular)

I think it will be released in the late august

I wont create any stormtroopers (Episodes 4 - 6), because  i hope that the STAR WARS MOD releases his stormtroopers.

I just will create Clone Troopers from Episode 2 and 3

I really could need every visual support material [Pictures of Troopers etc.]

I know some really good books, where you see them and their gear very detailed, but they are too expensive yet.

BY THE WAY:

Do someone know a good tutorial: "How to create a soldier"?? ?? ?? Because i have actually no really experience in creating persons => I want to create detailed and nice clones and no crap or faulty mutants

Acacyn, what can I say just after downloading your TIE pack, but the fighters and bomber are awesome! One quick thing regarding textures, I noticed in the pictures you provided the front canopy appears to be black, however when I use them mine appear white except for the center portion. Just a minor bug or glitch, nothing obviously substantial to overshadow the pack overall. Love the sounds and models. Good luck on the clone trooper pack, after playing Republic Commando on my friend's XBOX I'd love to see a wider scale battle with your clone troopers! By the way, in regards to someone earlier asking about storm troopers being made, Philcommando came out with his pack (weapons included within the file) and there was another pack a long time ago that posted during its development stages, but no further word came around after that, this was probably back in 2002. The author was someone by the name of PATXI, hopefully they're still around and possibly on the forums. Here's the picture from a couple years back.

stormtroopers.jpg

Oh i think i know why the TIE windows are white on your Flashpoint.

Let me guess, you havnt download Darth Vaders TIE, as you played the other TIE`s?! I think the black texture path is something with "/aca_tiev/....pac" and i forgot to correct them to "/aca_tief/....pac" sorry. But if you download Vader TIE than your windows will be black!!!

You're exactly right, I must have not downloaded Vader's TIE fighter as I had thought I did before, I did have your previous version however it wasn't installed. That fixed the problem, thanks

No problem, but if you ever need a hand in some scripting or config work, I will be glad to help, I am kind of dissapointed that not a single Stargate addon has been released in OFP yet, even though I have seen many people working on them.  sad_o.gif

@KyleSarnik: There is a Stargate Addon already released. The X 301 by Honza_SG1. Its an early addon and there is a newer version in work, but its nice

Yea CT you do have a point now that I really looking at them, although I think personally other than their chest (helmet, gauntlet armor, and others) were more proportionate than Philcommandos. Don't get me wrong I like PC's stormtroopers, but if we're to compare both side by side (minus the textures) I think those ones especially the helmet look a little better. Hopefully as someone mentioned earlier the Star Wars MOD will come out with some new versions.

I used Phil's stormies to do a landing attack on some of UKF's infantry on Farmland Island... man it was a nightmare.

The only (minor) flaw I found with Phils troopers were their weapons... they look like retextured pulse rifles from the old USCM pack.

But they still are cool..

I have made a decision: I START MY CLONES PACK now!!!!!!

With the help by Hurby (Pics of Episode III Clonetrooper) and gandalf_the_white i already have excellent materials to beginn with my biggest project. But i still need technical informations, especially about weapons.

It will take several weeks to finish it and until that time i will still check that thread for new posts. With the release of the CLONES PACK i will also release an updated version of my TIE Pack.

I thank you for every kind of help you can offer.

Acacyn you do some great work, you should really concider helping us out because you're the type of folk in this community we really could use

Haha, I remember I took that screenshot of Paxti's stormtroopers....as for Paxti I have not heard from him in a long, long time. As for those troopers, I used to have them, but I stupidly deleted them, and thus never got them back.

QUESTION:

Do someone know how i could get the textures of the computer game "STAR WARS: Republic Commando". It has a new Unreal Engine.

Do someone know a tool which that i can use the textures?

My units would maybe look much more better with high quality textures like in "Republic Commando"

The guys over at the Unsung Vietnam mod took textures off BFV, so you could get in tauch with them for a chat about it.

@stealth3: Could you please give me a link or email of a contact person of the UNSUNG VIETNAM MOD? thanks

QUESTION:

Where i can get a freeware software/tool to create alpha textures? I really need such a programm

The tools are completely different, BF1942 and BFV have their own official mod tools. Republic Commando is a lucas arts game, and like all lucas arts games, they use their own form of compiling and encryption, and as far as i know, lucas arts have never released mod tools for their star wars games, for the simple reason of them not wanting people using their intellectual property. Though im not 100% sure, find out what file format the files are compiled in and go to maybe planetunreal.com and see if any unreal mod tools there can decompile that format.

Yes there are some guys who started editing SWRC.

There is a thread in the 3dbuzz forums about it.

But i still search the UnrealEd patch.

It will be a good idea if you join the Star Wars Mod. Because, like any good addons, it needs missions, or it will be forgotten. Whats more usefull for addons than implementing them in mods?

@SpecOp9: Nicely done Star Wars Teaser Trailer!

@stealth3: I already work together with the Star Wars Mod. But the point is, that they concentrate the Star Wars Mod on Episode 4 - 6 and i concentrate my addons (except lambda shuttle and the TIE`s) on Episode 1 - 3! So im actually not a real member, but of course a partner and fan.

Well I know of a game where you could get the Clone textures....

I have Jedi Knight II, which has a download for the Clone Troopers, and I have Star Wars battlefront which also has Clone Troopers. If you can find a way to extract the textures from these games, I'd gladly send you the required file you would need.

I already have extracted textures of Republic Commando. And i have not the game Star Wars Battlefront.->Are the textures in high quality or not?

=>(because the clone trooper textures of SWRC arent vry nice, so i think i have to create new own  textures-> but if you, SpecOp9, or soemone else know good high quality clone textures than i would be very happy)

These pictures might be of some help..

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/rela_cloneprops.htm

I'm also going to upload a few clone textures that might be of some big help...

But yea, if you got the Republic Commando textures, I don't think you could get any better than that

419_lge_clonetrooper2.jpg

I have the textures for this guy,only problem is the textures are named in a different language, but you might be able to work with it..

http://www.roughnecks.org/specop/Files/419_clonetrooper2(MAX6).ace

I also have the textures to the different colored Clones if you want me to upload those

2482_lge_clonetrooperEP3.jpg