Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

FDFMOD WW2 Expansion

FDF WW2 EXPANSION

expansion1.jpg

The FDF team is working on WW2 Expansion which concentrates on combat in the Finnish frontiers from 1939 to 1945. Three separate conflicts are included: The Winter War (39-40), the Continuation War (41-44) and the Lapland War (44-45). Our focus is primarily on the Continuation War and the fierce decisive defense battles fought in the summer of 1944.

Supported by a Sturmgeschutz 40 G and equipped with a Panzerschreck, Finnish infantry is prepared for the inevitable Soviet assault in June 1944 after years spent in trench warfare.

StuH model by Inv44, thanks for them.

Old news.....but looks great smile_o.gif

hm, one more ww2 addon... rock.gif well, everything from fdf was a great addition to ofp so far, so let's hope that for this thingy, too. wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I've always felt that ofp never had the capability to have a ww2 "feel" to it, and thus was never a good platform for making ww2 games. Maybe this and i44 will prove me wrong, but I am looking forward to it nevertheless.

Way to be supportive guys. icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm looking forward to it because the FDF mod is of the highest quality - I'm sure this will be too.

Bigup! Any news from FDF makes me happy for a while smile_o.gif

Looks excellent.

Some Finnish mates of mine that I used to mod another game with gave me a history lesson on Finland's conflicts during WW2, so I can say I'm very interested in seeing how this is all represented in OFP. It's also nice to see another WW2 mod that isn't focused on the normal UK+US Vs Nazi Germany aspect of the war that we're by now very familliar with in games and movies.

Just wondering though, will the Finnish troops in this expansion remain on the Resistance side as is the case with the rest of FDF mod or will they switch to another side to allow combat with other Russian WW2 addons which are currently placed on the Res side by general consensus of other WW2 addon makers?

I'll download it for two reasons:

- The FDF team are shit hot

- It's an interesting concept. I for one am sick to death of seemingly every bit of WW2 gaming being about Normandy.

this looks GREAT and definately looking forward to it but what about Cpl Honka?? rock.gif yall can't leave the campaign unfinished..do yall plan on finishing the original FDF campaign first?

Great news.. Hopefully it will be something like 'Tuntematon sotilas' smile_o.gif

this looks GREAT and definately looking forward to it but what about Cpl Honka?? rock.gif yall can't leave the campaign unfinished..do yall plan on finishing the original FDF campaign first?

You better call the finnish national bureau of investigation and ask my computer back. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Just wondering though, will the Finnish troops in this expansion remain on the Resistance side as is the case with the rest of FDF mod or will they switch to another side to allow combat with other Russian WW2 addons which are currently placed on the Res side by general consensus of other WW2 addon makers?

This is quite problematic since lot of finnish WW2 equipment overlaps with cold war 2nd echelon stuff and people want to be able to simulate reservist battles with 1960s-1970s soviets. Hell, my dad served in the 1970's and he barely got to touch an assault rifle. biggrin_o.gif

Just wondering how OFP will handle the uber Soviet overpower issue... because I think OFP doesn't handle e.g. 1:3 (and greater, due subject) power ratios very well.

Anyways, good news. I dowloaded FDF last December and have been using it since.

<span style='color:white'>Go</span> <span style='color:blue'>Finland</span> <span style='color:white'>Go Finland!</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Go</span> <span style='color:blue'>Finland</span> <span style='color:blue'>Go Finland!</span>

<span style='color:white'>Go</span> <span style='color:blue'>Finland</span> <span style='color:white'>Go Finland!</span>

^doesn't work quite well due bright background...l

Great FDF and CSLA Mods are both top work I really like their work wink_o.gif

1 question to FDF played the campaign ended by bridge you was shot by sniper it said to be continied will the campagn on modern era part2 get released too with this WW2 expansion rock.gif

Just wondering how OFP will handle the uber Soviet overpower issue... because I think OFP doesn't handle e.g. 1:3 (and greater, due subject) power ratios very well.

Anyways, good news. I dowloaded FDF last December and have been using it since.

<span style='color:blue'>Go</span> <span style='color:blue'>Finland</span> <span style='color:blue'>Go Finland!</span>

^doesn't work quite well due bright background...l

Every mission in OFP has at least a 1:5 power ratio so I dont see how this should be any different.

The AI in OFP is perfect as Russian WW2 soldiers in the war against finland. They came as an endless stream of soldiers marching towards Finland.

The AI in OFP is perfect as Russian WW2 soldiers in the war against finland. They came as an endless stream of soldiers marching towards Finland.

Does not apply to continuation war when Finland was the one doing the marching. To both directions to be precise. wink_o.gif

If one would want to simulate finnish defensive warfare during summer with large proportions they might want to check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tali-Ihantala

Lot of the equipment (Stusomething, panzerfaust) featured in the screenshot were used there as far as I know.

I'll download it for two reasons:

- The FDF team are shit hot

- It's an interesting concept. I for one am sick to death of seemingly every bit of WW2 gaming being about Normandy.

Exactly , i am not a big fan on ww2 either but FDF mod is one of top fav's so its a must have.

Does not apply to continuation war when Finland was the one doing the marching. To both directions to be precise. wink_o.gif

If one would want to simulate finnish defensive warfare during summer with large proportions they might want to check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tali-Ihantala

Lot of the equipment (Stusomething, panzerfaust) featured in the screenshot were used there as far as I know.

True but the russians had to march too. The difference was that nothing could stop them this time. Perhaps that's where the FDF mod comes in smile_o.gif

I guess I'll have to see how the missions are made. If it's realistic such as just try to halt them and pull back or if it's actually allowed to bite back and push forward the Finnish border all the way to the Urals.

I have always thought that OFP is the perfect platform for a unique ww2 experience. All WW2 games (although some are quite fun) and very linear and tunneled. The OFP engine as we all know is open ended, this is perfect for WW2 as it allows you to not only get down and dirty but also makes it so that fighting on a larger scale is actually happened and not just implied or scripted in via a cutscene.

Also, the overall "oldish" look to the islands just adds to the level of imersion. I look forward to FDF making this as it is a theatre yet to be done and its being done by a top notch group.

That's a really great new, one of my favorite mod will recieve an expansion.

There is no doubt about this will be a keeper , as the FDF mod had always provided me so many interesting moments.

icon14.gif

Reminds me to check that all our scripts are FDF compatible.

Looks great can't wait, one question though how will you represent the Finn's superiour oversnow mobility and the use of trenches and static defences?

FDF WW2 EXPANSION

<a href="http:/koti.mbnet.fi/~fdfmod/newspics/expansion2.jpg" target="_blank"></a>

As always, it looks awesome. Nice work there. smile_o.gif

Warrgh, any critics on this expansion will not be tolerated. I'll rip your organs apart, whatever the circumstances.

I can only say "great" as I don't want to say "lookin' good" like I usually do. Well to make a compromise: Lookin' great!