Sign in to follow this  
Vit-Vit Labs

Ah-1W - Super Cobra

*|raises hand|* oo oo and i fixed the BIS clan logo bug! biggrin_o.gif

you just need to add "clan" and "clan_sign" to your "sections" in the cfgmodel part of your config smile_o.gif and viola the BIS Studio logo disapperes and the clan signs show up in mp mode smile_o.gif

the Army doesnt use the AH1 anymore.. do they?  rock.gif  thought they went to AH64's

edit: i ofer no promises but im takin a crack at making a camo texture for you. until i see how it looks in game im not promisin anything. ill let u know in a lil while

the Army doesnt use the AH1 anymore.. do they? rock.gif thought they went to AH64's

I think they did, but it doesn't hurt to make a 1985 one for all those mods out there smile_o.gif

I think they still use the AH-1F units

Quote[/b] ]April 2001 there were over 395 AH-1F Cobras in the Army fleet, including 395 in active units and 43 in storage. Their scheduled obsolescence extends over the 2002 - 2015 period.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/ah-1f.htm

In the 80´s I think the most used ver. was the AH-1S and his variants

* AH-1P (redesignated Step 1 production standard AH-1S)

* AH-1E (redesignated Step 2 up-gunned AH-1S)

* AH-1F (redesignated Step 3 modernized AH-1S)

Vit:

When I get home, I'll PM you the config. There's still some errors that were coming up, but all the weapons and countermeasures were working perfectly.

vit if you do do other variants.. please do seperate pbo files. 1985, Army, Other Nationalities.

cuz im using the USMC one for Y2K3 version 7.1 Final (patch) and if you like it.. ill be using this camo scheme  tounge_o.gif  having said that if you like it please feel free to contact me to use it.

Base.jpg

i say its close enough:

ah1w.jpg

smile_o.gif

they shot me! look what they did to my helo!!!! damn you (insert bad guy nationality and or related group here)!!!

ah1ouch.jpg

Edit: i darkend the green a touch. the first pic is final. this dammage texture was the orginal one which was too light

so vit.. u want the camo?  smile_o.gif only took me 4 frickin hours  tounge_o.gif

Vit, I remember when you first started.

And the textures weren't that good!

BUT..! You have now become one of my favorites!

Again..! You out did yourself!

I look at your talents.

As one of the best in OFP!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

unclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gif

PS. Please release that Russian chopper soon!

its fischkopps.. and the only reason i have it is cuz i thought i could put the BAS type scripts on it... but the thing is entirely too big for memory points to preform those features.. and thus it is impossible to incorperate ladder extract and fast rope into it... now im sure he is gonna be ticked off that i still have his helos since i was unable to help him so before he gets mad at me for showing it in a background. im explaining why i have it.

edit: please stay on topic smile_o.gif you think the textures are alright? or perhaps i should leave that stuff to someone else? tounge_o.gif

Pappy:

I'm curious how old that (real) pic of the Cobra is.  Nowadays, it's my understanding that pretty much everybody that's "naval" is using the standard blue-gray low IR paint scheme (excluding training commands and SAR, of course).  Every paint job we do for our gear is the same, and every piece of Navy and Marine hardware that comes through here that isn't the CAG or show bird has the standard paint scheme, and everyone is pretty much heading West to the action (well...to eventually be in the East...stupid Dateline).  Just bringing it up for "realism's sake" and independent of whether it's neat to have in the game.

That said, I think the texture job looks good.

having compared the two.. i still like the grey better  tounge_o.gif  but for gameplays sake.. since other USMC aircrafts i know of for this game are coming in multipul camo schemes i figured it only fitting that i helo vit match 2 out of 3 of those schemes

and i do not know how old that photo is/was i just found it whilst searching for an AH1W that the army used cuz i was gonna help vit do that.. thats when i remembered the army stoped using the ah1 many moons ago and reverted instead to the ah64 and i stumbled across those 3tone camo schemes and figured "eh why not"

edit: gator and vit check ur pm for a private release

grey all the way for me aswell

it has a usmc feeling, its the grey i reckon

since i watched them on tv covering the marines when they landed in liberia

... but the thing is entirely too big for memory points to preform those features.. and thus it is impossible to incorperate ladder extract and fast rope into it... now im sure he is gonna be ticked off that i still have his helos since i was unable to help him so before he gets mad at me for showing it in a background. im explaining why i have it.

lol ... no, but it´s nice to hear why the scripts do not work.

... so back to topic

tounge_o.gif

Pappy Boyington

great job and the camo vrision!! and the fix i very good

i want we talk in my site

about some more texture for this pack

and we work on it toghter

what you say?? (in the forum)

gatordev  you too(thx for the config)

now i need desert texture:)

p.s

Who thet want to join us

feel free smile_o.gif

i can do a desert texture. althou never used and highly unrealistic.. i can probably do it. that would actualy be really simple since its just a colorization of the grey skin into a tanish color. unless u wanted a 2 tone desert camo color.. that may take a li time but alright i can give it a shot.

after that i relinquish my dutys as the AH1W texture artist tounge_o.gif

unless u wanted a 2 tone desert camo color.. that may take a li time but alright i can give it a shot.

yes its be great..

you crate good texture

maybe in the next add-on

"Ka-52" you can help too smile_o.gif

dont push ur luck too far bud wink_o.gif

im helpin out with this for 3 reasons

1: im using the grey one in Y2K3 7.1

2: cuz i saw your request.. realized that it is a relitivly simple job to do considering theres only 5 textures i need to edit.

and 3: cuz i was bored and figured "fuck it i aint got nuttin else to do right now"

your other projects are up to you.. unless i see something i like there too tounge_o.gif

as for this one ill do the desert textures too, after that im done.

and as for right now. its 7 in the morning and im going to bed. work on it when i get up. cya

hi vit, good to hear you got some help with pappy,

it would be great if you would think about making a AH-1g or a AH-1F of the US army, so it would fit absolutely perfect in the FFUR theme smile_o.gif

stop givin him ideas damnit. you'll have me makin textures til the end of time!

remind me to smack you later crazy_o.gif

USMC CH53E (by fischkopps unreleased) acompanied by its "little freind" the AH1W in all 3 matching camo schemes.

MarineFreinds.jpg

and what happens when you get shot up in the desert.

AH1Wouchd.jpg

sorry vit but your dammage textures for the grey seriously sucks.. so ill be redoing the dammage textures for that as well. then ill send you the 3pack smile_o.gif