Sign in to follow this  
Vit-Vit Labs

Ah-1W - Super Cobra

Vit you can downloaded the updated AH1W from the same link i gave you last night.

includes the Desert, Camo, Grey and their dammaged texture counterpart. theres only 1 dammage setting, "dammage half" althou "dammage full" is also defined but its the same textures.

i redid the camo dammaged texture and grey one to match the bullethole sizes of the desert one.

which do seem a lil big but they represent 20-25mm hits.

vit when u read this.. dont forget to fix the turrets on all 3 models too. it doesnt rotate

Quote[/b] ]

Vit you can downloaded the updated AH1W from the same link i gave you last night.

includes the Desert, Camo, Grey and their dammaged texture counterpart. theres only 1 dammage setting, "dammage half" althou "dammage full" is also defined but its the same textures.

i redid the camo dammaged texture and grey one to match the bullethole sizes of the desert one.

which do seem a lil big but they represent 20-25mm hits.

vit when u read this.. dont forget to fix the turrets on all 3 models too. it doesnt rotate

Edited by Pappy Boyington on April 29 2005,08:12

GREAT JOT ,i update the addon now

but i need to do full dammge texture...

so after this i will update gatordev  updates

and send this too you and to gatordev

smile_o.gif

and Pappy Boyington what about Winter teture?? wink_o.gif

i fix it all

thx a lots... i fix the gun and ad aim9

and i send it to you and for gatordev for test

p.s

i need winter too..

im not doin the winter.. no winter textures.

put the grey one on a snowy island. and its hard to see.

so no winter textures. no other helo has winter textures.. and we dont needem either. the desert one was unrealistic.. but i did it to match the BAS HH60 and fischkopps H53.

the three camo schemes we have are more then enough.

lets just focus on the bug fixs now and get this out for final release

Great job guys, especially on the textures. Looking forward to the updated version! icon14.gif

stop givin him ideas damnit. you'll have me makin textures til the end of time!

remind me to smack you later crazy_o.gif

nahh pappy, my intention was that you're doing the camo schemes and now vit would have time too do an army version (would be more than usefull for ffur) smile_o.gif

but if you do it you can smack me wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Sidewinders on Hellfire mounts

what you mine? rock.gif

Vit:

He means that there are 4 AIM-9s on the hellfire missle rack. They should be on the stub wing and only one per wing. The hellfires should be on the 4-pack missile rack.

I'll dl what you sent tonight and have a look.

880198%20AH-1W%20162537%2044%20VX-5%20left%20rear%20taxiing%20l.jpg

AH-1W with AIM-9s

As far as I know the AH-1W can only carry one sidewinder per pylon.

soon i upload the new  vrision v1.0

here screenshot

sc

thx to all

We like biggrin_o.gif

Or two Stinger ATAS on each wing tip. Other payloads include the Sidearm ARM instead of a 'Winder. AGM-65 Maverick was also successfully tested, as was the Penguin ASM, if I'm not mistaken.

ITS BEEN RELEASED AT HIS SITE!!!!!!!!

anychance of the chopper being not targeted by ai machine gunners because 2 machinegunners was able to shoot it down with little fuss

i like the idea of machinegunners being able to fire at choppers biggrin_o.gif makes you act more careful when you engage enemy infantery biggrin_o.gif i've only played mp and experienced when players beeing able to shoot down choppers with machineguns tounge_o.gif or once i was flying the old bas ah-6 littlebird and got shot in the head when flying above a town in a blackhawk down kind of mission tounge_o.gif

imo the ah-6's are really made to be shoot down easy but.. with some training you learn how to fly and not to fly biggrin_o.gif

a few days ago i played a cti against a buddy of mine and i was really though i thought when i flew above him with my v-80 chopper and gunned down his jeep and his a.i's and thought he can't touch me because he don't have AA weapons.. biggrin_o.gif then suddenly i saw he had grabbed a AT launcher from one of his dead a.i's and aimed gave me a punch that took off 50% of the choppers armor ghostface.gif

i like when unexpected things can happen like that, but advice when flying and engaging infantry is move in fast and move out fast wink_o.gif

i like the idea of machinegunners being able to fire at choppers  biggrin_o.gif  makes you act more careful when you engage enemy infantery  biggrin_o.gif i've only played mp and experienced when players beeing able to shoot down choppers with machineguns  tounge_o.gif  or once i was flying the old bas ah-6 littlebird and got shot in the head when flying above a town in a blackhawk down kind of mission  tounge_o.gif

imo the ah-6's are really made to be shoot down easy but.. with some training you learn how to fly and not to fly  biggrin_o.gif

a few days ago i played a cti against a buddy of mine and i was really though i thought when i flew above him with my v-80 chopper and gunned down his jeep and his a.i's and thought he can't touch me because he don't have AA weapons..  biggrin_o.gif  then suddenly i saw he had grabbed a AT launcher from one of his dead a.i's and aimed gave me a punch that took off 50% of  the choppers armor  ghostface.gif

i like when unexpected things can happen like that, but advice when flying and engaging infantry is move in fast and move out fast  wink_o.gif

yeah but

im more talking about ai using the choppers

im more sp

type of player and prefer to use them as cas

but i guess we cant have everything

since ai pilots are pretty dumb

Ruff:

It was actually changed to be engaged by MGs. Obviously Vit has the final say on how he wants it, but personally I like them to target helos. I'm also a SP guy, and have choppers provide CAS. Even w/ countermeasures, the CAS birds usually get tore up by the RPGs more than the MG. It just seems unfair to have an aircraft hovering right over a bunch of bad guys, wrecking shop, and they don't fight back.

And I hear you on the AI. I don't understand how it will call out a bad guy, go right by it while being peppered w/ rounds, and not do anything about it. And yet, I still enjoy it all...

any comments on the new textures and dammage textures? smile_o.gif

and before anyone asks, i know the holes are big, but like i said thier 20-25mm holes not 7.62. those holes would be unoticable considering the resolution of the textures and such.

and hi-res textures are just insane (anthing above 1024=hires for vehicles)

so you can skip the "holes ar too big" argument tounge_o.gif

Looks nice actually, I saw the update on ofpc.de and went for it immediately. I can understand why some might argue about hole size (maybe add smaller holes for small arms fire?), but IMHO it looks great. Heh heh my weapon of choice for taking the Ah-1W down does have to be a 20mm gun as it is.. so no complaints here wink_o.gif

textures are excellent

Goddamnit those holes are too BIG !!

tounge_o.gif

Nice work , i like the work on tex's looking good so far.