Sign in to follow this  
Vit-Vit Labs

Ah-1W - Super Cobra

Hey Vit! Great helo!

My only complain is that the hellfire missiles donnot lock on to anything. They are like FFARS, I can just point and shoot.

Keep up the good work!  biggrin_o.gif

It works for me, i took anything in sight from houses to shilkas and some t72's rock.gif .

Great helo's VIT smile_o.gif

I love to fly around with these only bad that there is still US Army written on those hellfires.

ah1w1ox.jpg

Vit Labs team work very hard on fix all the bug

and damage texture..

in the next update we hope thet everything will be fix...

and if you have found bug ,we want thet is be write on our forum in Vit Labs site  

bcz  there we can follow the bug list  smile_o.gif

p.s

PureMassacre you done the hellfire texture?

Great work guys! I haven't found any other bugs than already mentioned and the hellfires work fine for me.

Question about the upcoming AH-1Z will it include the laser designator? If so, is it possible to create a hellfire that will go to where it's pointed at? The first hellfires were laser guided and only the newer hellfire 2 is radar guided. Often they use a combination of both so ground units can paint targets while the choppers stay out of sight.

PraetorianV;

The Cobra doesn't have an onboard radar, so it only uses the older "B" or newer "K" model Hellfires. There are also "A" models, as well, but I think they aren't certed for shipboard use. I'd have to check my Natops or TACMAN, but I think that's why you don't seem them much on the Naval side. While the "K" models are gucci and pack a lot of punch, there are still plenty of "B" models floating around. And to be honest, Hellfires, in general, are hard to come by right now, fleet-wide.

PureMassacre you send me the orginal texture file.

PraetorianV we release the new ah-1z soon

i found photo of real hellfire

sc

ist like our

you we dont need to replace the hellfire texture smile_o.gif

Thats off an army apache though by the looks of it. Marine hellfires don't say US Army on them.

Vit Labs,

Would you be able to make a version F of the AH-1 for the US army? It would make a great addition to the FFUR mod and would be very useful. Thanks alot if you can do it.

Thanks gatordev for the info.

I don't have much information on the use of hellfire in the navy and marines, thanks for the tip!.

Vit: No need to rush on the AH1Z, I'm having fun with these choppers already! Is it possible to create non-high explosive 20mm rounds? I have no idea if there is such a thing, but I saw a clip from 24 that showed AH1W's blasting terrorists with their cannons but no explosions (Might just be for TV but it could be handy for CAS missions where friendly infantry would be in close with the enemy). If not it's great already just tangent thought.

Great Work!

Been busy with exams and real-life stuff lately, so I haven't had much time to update the AH-1W. Anyway progress so far on a new paint scheme.

vitah1w05.jpg

Its just the same grey scheme as before, but with a different "shark teeth" nose art, and the old engine textures (although hopefully I will get around to re-doing these, anyway they look better than the engine textures in the last release). Also I have done the USMC hellfire textures. wink_o.gif

Great textures you got there! I was curious if you plan to incorporate a rotor downwash effect as well, I'm running pappy's Y2K3 mod which uses the unified scripting for default helos. Or if you were going to use one of your own? Thanks

Great textures you got there!  I was curious if you plan to incorporate a rotor downwash effect as well, I'm running pappy's Y2K3 mod which uses the unified scripting for default helos.  Or if you were going to use one of your own?  Thanks

I dont knew .. maybe...

I ask Pappy Boyington form his script..

PureMassacre send me the new texture

Great textures you got there!  I was curious if you plan to incorporate a rotor downwash effect as well, I'm running pappy's Y2K3 mod which uses the unified scripting for default helos.  Or if you were going to use one of your own?  Thanks

I dont knew .. maybe...

I ask Pappy Boyington form his script..

PureMassacre  send me the new texture

actualy my script isnt mine.. its CSLA's it was on their Mi24.. and i liked it, and its effects so much that i unified it for all helos in Y2K3 (cept bas).

so ask maa from csla. im sure he would be more then happy to allow you to. if he says yes then ask me ill get u just the script (so u dont have to find it yourself in the mod) smile_o.gif

Updated:

vitah1w06.jpg

I'm about 60% done on the damage textures, I've decided not to use bullet holes, because although it is likely to draw ground fire, the damage is going to be to small and detailed to be noticed on the texture. I don't want to use AAA damage as it is more likely to be downed by a SAM or Air-to-Air.

So I've just done general "battle damage", heavy exhaust staining on the tail, general dirt on the majority of the model, smoke damage around the engines, oil staining. It doesn't look like its been hit as such, but it does look like its been into battle smile_o.gif

Any comments?

Looking good.

Are you going to fix the texture stretching on the bottom of the chopper?

Yeah, thats on the to-do list. wink_o.gif

Great! Beta 4 is a blast to play with, I hope this exceeds that joy...

I find the gun on it a little loud when I'm 1k away. Also I can hear the thing start from half of Everon away. Dunno why. It was the same on the original. Also it's a little slow compared to blackhawks and stuff. I usually have to stagger evacs so that the Cobra gets there first.