Harnu

OFP photography - Questions & comments

I think he means Gandolf and the woman pic. I've seen it before

Acecombat as someone who received a warning level increase last year for posting images over 100kb, it would perhaps be prudent to more carefully check what you're posting smile_o.gif

Daniel @ Oct. 09 2005,23:52)]Yeah. Sorry Extraction, but this looks like Armed Assult the more I look at it...:love:

Check the Project UKForces forums, the guys there reckon the guy falling over has just spat out a load of anisead balls he didn't like the taste of. rofl.gif

i found it funny myself biggrin_o.gif

see our 'amusing things' thread for another approach to the pic rofl.gif

LMAO.. can you still get those??

Acecombat as someone who received a warning level increase last year for posting images over 100kb, it would perhaps be prudent to more carefully check what you're posting smile_o.gif

Sorry missed that one totally but it wasnt a repost still or was it?

Aw damn! really thougt that one might have been a leak. tounge2.gif

Well BIS, you may have some work to do. whistle.gif

"@Parvus and eddyD

you guys should have your own thread since you put us guys to shame most of the time.. notworthy.gif"

You didn't mention Ian Malcolm?!

That looks better than most of the ArmA screenies, if not all of them tounge2.gif

I quite like this too, for some reason (The way their standing makes sense, and.. erm.. I dunno tounge2.gif)

Oh, just a suggestion.. The DXLL Glare settings (IMO) shouldn't be as high, sometimes it works, but not always.. For example, having the glare in a woodland screenie just doesn't work.. On a desert, ti can work if the lighting without DXLL suits it being glarey (screenie taking tooking towards the sun, say). It's been used a load of times where all it does it make the screenshot horrible to look at sad_o.gif

- Ben

"@Parvus and eddyD

you guys should have your own thread since you put us guys to shame most of the time.. notworthy.gif"

You didn't mention Ian Malcolm?!

I think your refering to me, and yes i PM'd him and he told me he made the models as i thought they were from the unreleased USARMY1 pack for VBS1...... confused_o.gif

damn, now we know what ArmA won't look like sad_o.gif

If anyone had cleaned the tears from their eyes, they would have noticed shadow under the blood particles. Quite hard to get that to happen in real life, also the particles would be visible for such a short amount of time, that any gamedeveloper would have considered it insane to give it it's own shadow. 3DSMAX gives everything shadows when placing lights (assuming you used the Skylight feature). Also the blood was too round (perfect spheres). I'd better not tell you what kind of things Gandalf The White, a member of this forum/Flashpoint Photography addict, told me when I said to him that the screenshot looked a little odd whistle.gif

You can even get the exact same results in Photoshop, although it would take a ''little'' longer.

If anyone had cleaned the tears from their eyes, they would have noticed shadow under the blood particles.

Strange. I added the blood later in Photoshop because i rendered about 10 diferrent blood splashes and tested wich one looks best. Original image was without blood. So it can't have shadow on image simply because i didn't rendered it. wink_o.gif Also "motion blur" of those particles was made in Photoshop. And no... i wasn't using Skylight. Only one direct light. It's waaaay faster whistle.gif

So it can't have shadow on image simply because i didn't rendered it. wink_o.gif

Really, no shadow?

I enlarged the blood x2, and there is clearly shadow under the blood, it's already pretty easy to spot in the none-enlarged pic.. Either done in Photoshop, or in MAX, the shadow made the pic look fake to me.

Um, I don't see a shadow there. huh.gif I could be missing something, though.

lt. H. the "expert"icon_rolleyes.gif

whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]I quite like this too, for some reason (The way their standing makes sense, and.. erm.. I dunno tounge2.gif)

what? icon_rolleyes.gif

thnx

Uhuh, so each blood particle is nice and evenly red? No, each particle is darker on the bottom and lighter on the top. That effect, even in newbie terms, is called ''shadow and lightning''.

I think that one of you is talking about the shadow of the blood on the ground, and the other one is talking about the shading of the blood particles themselves.

Abs

This thread is for discussing Flashpoint engine based photography, not for discussing fake screenshots, end such discussion now please.

Thats the problem^^ I don't have any ideas for name:)

I will need Your help guys, because I need a good name for Island in Ukrainian atmosfere.

Thats the problem^^ I don't have any ideas for name:)

I will need Your help guys, because I need a good name for Island in Ukrainian atmosfere.

Try octpob wink_o.gif

or try it yourself with this babelfish

Great pics ShadowY! great idea putting the pipe at sea level. Looks like it would make a great co-op mission. thumbs-up.gif

Daniel @ Oct. 12 2005,21:56)]Great pics ShadowY! great idea putting the pipe at sea level. Looks like it would make a great co-op mission.  thumbs-up.gif

Thnx smile_o.gif

Well you got the idea now..start working on a co-op wink_o.gif

It`s maybe a suggestion for GAME2...a large sewer system leading into plants or just under a city  smile_o.gif

10/10 guys!! whole page is filled with cool screenshots!

and could you guys like do some shots of stuff going on in iraq, I mean all the ppl with the uber pc's and ofp maxed out and such...

smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

10/10 guys!! whole page is filled with cool screenshots!

and could you guys like do some shots of stuff going on in iraq, I mean all the ppl with the uber pc's and ofp maxed out and such...

smile_o.gif  thumbs-up.gif

hmm..I could blow up some u.s. convoys with roadside bombs or something tounge2.gif

You would like to see that? or simple carbombs on a market square or nearby a policestation icon_rolleyes.gif

Maybe a assasination of a political figure?

nah to boring for OFP...maybe someone else wants to do it.