Harnu

OFP photography - Questions & comments

Just a thought about VBS screenshots.. Why are they allowed in the OFP CP thread? It's not Operation Flashpoint which this forum is about. It's not even a game but a training tool. Any discussion about VBS on the otherhand is forbidden.

I have no problems with them but it's strange.

Probably because VBS uses the OFP engine so it's remotely connected to OFP.

VBS uses a modified/enhanced version of the Opf1 engine, Opf2 will use a modified/enhanced version of the Opf1 engine, thus VBS screenshots are a glimpse at the possible future look of Opf2, so I decided that in such a context we would allow VBS into these forums smile_o.gif

Opf2 will use a modified/enhanced version of the Opf1 engine,

... is that for sure? ... it must be a rumour cos no engine lives more than 6 years or? (maybe HL - but thaty not our interest or?)

- i mean i expect a completly different engine with a completly new netcode ... i'm i wrong?

P.S. Sorry for offtopic but this theme is very interesting for me

P.P.S. to allow VBS1 pics (while using the same engine) in the CP thread is what i expect from tolerant and sympatic community like the OFP-Community is ... or?!  rock.gif

... is that for sure? ... it must be a rumour cos no engine lives more than 6 years or? (maybe HL - but thaty not our interest or?)

- i mean i expect a completly different engine with a completly new netcode ... i'm i wrong?

P.S. Sorry for offtopic but this theme is very interesting for me

P.P.S. to allow VBS1 pics (while using the same engine) in the CP thread is what i expect from tolerant and sympatic community like the OFP-Community is ... or?! rock.gif

As an example , the unreal engine that can be found in the most recent unreal tournament is an enhanced one of the unreal engine that is found in the first unreal tournament (it is just another build version).

But when you play both games, you can notice that they look /feel totally different , like if the engine was in fact not the same at all.

And the netcode is not the same.

So you can conclude that even if OFP2 comes with an enhanced Real Virtuality engine, it potentially can not look/feel the same that the OFP1 engine and be vastly superior like if it was a totally different engine

I guess they will modify it alot.. Just look at the poseidon engine demo from 1997 and compair it to VBS. It's the same engine but the difference is quite big.

Thx guyz for replies  smile_o.gif

i'll be surprised then with ofp2 (~ 1 year?) - but i thought for my own ...

... same engine means same bugs or same opportunities (or not) ... means shooting with handgun from f.e. flying helo wouldn't be possible in ofp2 or?  wink_o.gif

... but i stop, Mr. Placebo tells me sure that there is a ofp2 thread ...

My first post (?) with an addon for my privat use

[iG]http://www.operation-airwolf-mod.de/dxdshot1104869033.JPG[/img]

So are ever going to release it? And what's the buildings and stuff behind it?

Unless I'm wrong that's the RKSL hanger pack.

The chopper is the canadian CH-146 or Bel 412, released by the Operation Northstar Mod. THe textures are edited to make it look grey.

how do you guys make pics like this .That one is made by madus_maximus and its in the pics thread. If someone can tell me that.. smile_o.gif

how do you guys make pics like this .That one is made by madus_maximus and its in the pics thread. If someone can tell me that.. smile_o.gif

Just add 'setacctime 0.1' in the init field to slow down the time. 1 is normal so I guess 0.1 means it ten times slower. It will give you some time to catch the missile. Also using the camera script makes it alot easier. Either put 'this exec "camera.sqs"' in your units init field or make a trigger which is activated by radio alpha and add 'player exec "camera.sqs"' in the init field. You can do the same with the slow motion thing.

When I'm taking certain shots, I usually use sevral triggers for the time.

Alpha - setacctime 1

Bravo - setacctime .5

Charlie - setacctime .1

Delta - setacctime .01

Echo - setacctime .001

Juliet - exec camera.sqs

It gives some variables to get into position, without having to wait too long to get your shot.

setacctime 0

It effectively pauses it which is how I got the shot. I used command view to get the perfect angle then removed the gui with dxdll and violla!

@ FW200: Where did you get the Poseidon game demo from? Do you have a link? wink_o.gif I would like to see how that turned into OFP. smile_o.gif

@Plage

I believe that is the USMC mod's AH-1W beta, not BAS. Just telling you since you had ? marks beside it smile_o.gif.

Thx ... and i thought the same for my own  smile_o.gif  this pic has 99,8% for me

BI_CSLA2_top.jpg

... you don't beleave me if i tell you that i still have 4-5 pics (of 835MB pics) with this level;

I'm happy now ... cheers

gelage.gif

@Parvus: Your pics are great! Thank you very much for using CSLA ;)