Harnu

OFP photography - Questions & comments

I think it's the island that Spetsnaz Mod (SFM) are making. Not released yet evidently.

Nisumies, congrats on those pics, they are looking like a battle scene & they made me realize that I didn't have trees on John's Winter Ardennes. After an hour I found out that you have to install Winter Everon (not by Kegetys, but a 2002 island available on ofp.info). Too bad John used those Winter Everon trees & not some more refined ones.

Too bad John used those Winter Everon trees & not some more refined ones.

It's only a temporary measure to resolve some bugs with the released alpha version as you could read here....

Quote[/b] ]Changes and fixes:

- Object lod improvement The Forest needs a bit more love and work so for the first time i have replaced them, i find its a better way and a better playing for this map.

Too bad John used those Winter Everon trees & not some more refined ones.

It's only a temporary measure to resolve some bugs with the released alpha version as you could read here....

Quote[/b] ]Changes and fixes:

- Object lod improvement The Forest needs a bit more love and work so for the first time i have replaced them, i find its a better way and a better playing for this map.

A little off-topic here, but since it's started already;

The forest John used is indeed a temp solution, but not really such a bad one. The forest that can be found in the ardennes are just like the forests on winter everon. I think they are more realistic than johns forests (although those are amazing and high-quality). But the winter everon forests are a poor choise, since beter ones are out there; Nogojev and winter Kumlinge. Especially the last one has very nice forests.

Reflective Water

That doesn't look like the standard water. Does anyone want to tell me how that was done (if it wasn't photoshopped, that is)?

Thanks,

Reggy

what's this nice island in the background of STACKERr's pictures?

pic1

pic2

he refers to it as RF-island ?!?!? rock.gif

This is RUSSIA island... its unreleased wink_o.gif

Reflective Water

That doesn't look like the standard water. Does anyone want to tell me how that was done (if it wasn't photoshopped, that is)?

Thanks,

Reggy

Hi,

It is the reflective water that comes with dxdll. It´s photoshopped, but only the colors. That makes it look quite interesting, I think. smile_o.gif

I'd love to get my hands on that island too. It looks awesome, unfortunately a search on these forums didn't reveal anything insightful.

Reggy

Additional screens can be found in our old topics, here and here. xmas_o.gif

Very nice pics.

The one with the Maverick is the best.

You forgot to mention that you used Diesel's A10, didn't you?

Very nice pics.

The one with the Maverick is the best.

You forgot to mention that you used Diesel's A10, didn't you?

hehehe you´re right biggrin_o.gif

but i also didn´t mention llauma´s sky and zwadars desert everon ghostface.gif

Burns for furter releases I let you take some pictures first very nice  wow_o.gif

cool smile_o.gif

hope you dont mind me messing around with the standard issued weapons biggrin_o.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....ofp.jpg

excellent picture (guess vbs helps) but one question... how come the PK gunner is holding a right hand side fed weapon, with his right hand? Not sure if its bis's fault (like with the remington) but those expended shell casings are going to burn him in places he would never have thought of  smile_o.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....ofp.jpg

excellent picture (guess vbs helps) but one question... how come the PK gunner is holding a right hand side fed weapon, with his right hand? Not sure if its bis's fault (like with the remington) but those expended shell casings are going to burn him in places he would never have thought of  smile_o.gif

It's a russian weapon and it realy feeds from that side (don't ask me why).

Since most soldiers are right-handed, it's indeed a bit strange, but it's realisitic.

I'm a lefty and I'm extremely happy that the M16A2 has a little piece of metal added to the elejction port so the casings don't fly in my face

Back to the PKM gunner; He can of course try to fire with his left hand, but that about the same as trying to write with your other hand; horrible crazy_o.gif

excellent picture (guess vbs helps) but one question... how come the PK gunner is holding a right hand side fed weapon, with his right hand? Not sure if its bis's fault

It's just the animation i used. Not a Bis/Bia one

Thirtyg;

any chance we can see units textured like this for regular OFP?? Those textures look amazing.

hmmm, hadn't thought about it before... well the models cant come across into OFP and those textures are made for that model... but saying that i won't say no atm.. it's a remote possibility

aaah... strange russians with their wacky designs... well, it was just bugging me thats all - lol tounge_o.gif

thx all  biggrin_o.gif

thumbs up thirtyG and awesome pics parvus, i can literally smell your burning videocard  tounge_o.gif

thx all  biggrin_o.gif

thumbs up thirtyG and awesome pics parvus, i can literally smell your burning videocard  tounge_o.gif

Don't laugh  mad_o.gif  In my attempt to get the same pictures as parvus I indeed burned my videocard  sad_o.gif

wink_o.gif

Awesome pictures lately, indeed.

@thirtyg;

It's your call. Great work anyway. Keep it up. We will need people like you when OFP2 is released (whenever that is).