Sign in to follow this  
Locke@Germany

OFP Animation Enhancement V0.5

i concur, i like the current roll animation too.

althou if you do change it, change it so the barrel is pointing up (aiming over your head) so i can roll and fire in the direction im facing and lay down cover fire while rolling to safty biggrin_o.gif

otherwise i like it smile_o.gif

locke about the pistol animations, would it be possible to configure a "safe" stance when armed with a pistol? rather then the "weapon on back" stance a more casual BIS unarmed one but only when armed wiht pistol only

The mod is great but when we tried it in MP, all worked fine until we actually tried a move. It then crashed the server each time. We don't have any other mods running on it, any ideas?

bugger, i had sprint and turbo mapped to same keypad, thats why it didnt work, now it works, and i only wish this would be adopted by most servers, these anims make CQB much more real and interesting.

Txs.

For example with the original CfgMoves from V1.91 you will be equaly visible while standing still or lying on the ground with a binocular !

@ Locke: As I said this is very interesting and I never heard of it before but I wonder how you concluded this (I guess you looked/compared the figures in the config-file)?

However since this is crucial for gameplay I tried to do some in-game testing and my results contradicts what you say...

I know that my method of testing is far from scientific but should at least be OK for a rough comparsion.

This is the KnowsAbout values I got with current version of OFP Animation Enhancement (0.52 Beta). All on the exact same spot with one single BIS east AI prone (skill 0.50, no ammo), looking in my direction on an open field....

Standing with weapon in hand: ~0.56

Standing with binoculars: ~0.56

Prone with weapon in hand: ~0.50

Prone with binoculars: ~0.32

Crouch with weapon in hand: ~0.57

Crouch with binoculars: ~0.49

I tried several times and accelerated the speed x4 until the KA value stabilized itself and AI always had same or less KA with the binoculars in my hand?

Looking at the values there seems to be "something" fishy but it may not be as easy as changing values in CfgMoves and as I said my (albiet simple) test contradicts what you say?

Any comments?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

PS: I think it's very important to know how eventual changes will affect AI in game before applying them. If anyone else is interested to test/experiment I can make this simple test mission available, just let me know...

@Locke: your plans sound great, does the current version already work for binocs? never tested that until now, for NVG it should work i guess

I've also noticed this strange behaviour with the knowsabout command, but as it says "knows about" i assume it more reflects how sure the ai is that you are there and not how much they actually "see" you.

As for example if you get detected by AI and you move behind an obstacle (house etc.) so that the AI is not able to see you, from the moment on he doesn't see you anymore the value returned by "knowsAbout" drops second by second, meaning the AI gets more and more unsure off  your position.

The Actual range AI can detect you however is as far as i know only adjustable through a mix of different values in the Config, every vehicle and soldier has its own camoflage,audiblity and also sensitivity (eye's&ears) values tied to the vehicleclass. But BIS also included a parameter in the CfgMoves section that determines the "visible size" for the AI while performing certain animations. This value is as far as i know the only point on which AI "knows" if you are standing or lying and thus if they can detect you earlier or not.

Especialy missions that require stealthy movement are going to benfit from this, simply because it now makes a small (but noticable) difference if you are just lying still or if you crawl .

hey locke, look into sancuarys 1.6 animation pack for the single greatest universal AT weapon holding animation. i would deffenitly reccomend the hand postions the way they are in his 1.6 pack for your AT stand crouch and.. i guess lying would probly be differnt

I've also noticed this strange behaviour with the knowsabout command, but as it says "knows about" i assume it more reflects how sure the ai is that you are there and not how much they actually "see" you.

Yea but as far as I can tell it's the KA value (and probably also the AI's current courage?) thats decide when enemy AI engage (i.e fires at) you, but I can be wrong?

Anybody knows for sure?

Quote[/b] ]

Especialy missions that require stealthy movement are going to benfit from this, simply because it now makes a small (but noticable) difference if you are just lying still or if you crawl .

Sounds great! Looking forward to test whathever you comes up with. Just wanted to say that IMO it's important to verify (or at least try to) how eventual changes affect the AI in game.

If you want help doing some "pre-testing" feel free to PM me...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

absolute top notch addon mate. fooking quality.

i am never surprised ,just when i think ofp is becoming a lil long in the tooth,up pops a person like yaself.and makes a new genre/extra lil something.

thanks again and keep up the good ideas.

btw anybody from another mod gives you shite,do what i do.

tell them if you de.pbo there mod and read the scripts and textures and etc etc. theres always something borrowed from the community and thats the keyword , community and public. thats what makes this game . so keep up the nice work.

i know this is a thing many ofp players don't like, but have you thought about a jumping anim thing too, and a swimming animation?

and a lean effect with binocs tounge_o.gif

sorry i know, i guess i am asking too much and near to an annoying status tounge_o.gif

i know this is a thing many ofp players don't like, but have you thought about a jumping anim thing too, and a swimming animation?

Jumping:

Yes, but i've actually more thought of a climbing animation to get over low obstacles like some fences or walls, but with OFP's terrible colission detecton i gota see how it works. A generall Jump'n'Run-type move will not be included.

Swimming:

Well i could do the animations and so on, but i can't tell OFP without the use of external scripts when a soldier should begin to swim. I think there is an Combat-Diver made by Chain of Command that has the ability to "swim", but also only with the use of external scripts.

and a lean effect with binocs  tounge_o.gif

Hmm..., would this really be usefull ? Most times when i use Binoculars i'am several hundret meters away from the enemy somewhere in the midle of nowhere and in most cases far from being spotted.

sorry i know, i guess i am asking too much and near to an annoying status  tounge_o.gif

Nope, thats what this forum was made for, to share knowledge and ideas. And if your question or idea is not too stupid or has been asked and answered a thousand times before you can be sure i'am gonna read and think about it.  wink_o.gif

Btw. anyone interested in what can be achieved only by adjusting the visibleSize in the CfgMoves section should take a look at the two screenshots below.

I'am running my own custom config with slightly raised sensitivity values for all soldiers, the Enemy (plain and simple basic west soldier with weapons removed) was set at the highest possible skill level and i was running straight at him !

Visibility%20Example.jpg  

Visibility%20Example%202.jpg

He only noticed me when i was closer than 22 meters near to him.

This way some Spec-Ops units could be made really stealthy ! biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

aren'T the chain of command divers just prone and robbing on the ground like a soldier is doing when he's prone, unfortunatly of course as long as we don't have the transparent water we cannot see it (but they are damn slowly, i have a diving license too, i think they are much too slow)

but i think it would be possible to find someone who can do the script, philcommand has already tried to make swimming possible, but i never tried it as a nice anim was missing

edit: that Thread i am reffering to smile_o.gif

aren'T the chain of command divers just prone and robbing on the ground like a soldier is doing when he's prone, unfortunatly of course as long as we don't have the transparent water we cannot see it (but they are damn slowly, i have a diving license too, i think they are much too slow)

but i think it would be possible to find someone who can do the script, philcommand has already tried to make swimming possible, but i never tried it as a nice anim was missing

edit: that Thread i am reffering to  smile_o.gif

the COC divers takes a prone animation like an unarmed unit would take. but its a stationary animation so he doesnt move.

and about the speed, your right its really slow but that is EASILY fixable with a config tweak.

when I changing from run to crouch the model will just run little left-forward before it crouch down, dunno if it have been told b4, but i think it worth to have a try, as it just look a little wired rock.gif

NO ONE TOLD ME THERE WAS AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CROUCH LEAN

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS MAN

your final version looks slick

thanks for your hard work

when I changing from run to crouch the model will just run little left-forward before it crouch down, dunno if it have been told b4, but i think it worth to have a try, as it just look a little wired rock.gif

If by any chance you are running with my animation packs , there was a very light problem with it i identified after my versions 1.6 that would lead into such behaviour.

It is fixed for the upcoming 1.7

If it is related to Locke@Germany mod, no idea sorry.

If by any chance you are running with my animation packs , there was a very light problem with it i identified after my versions 1.6 that would lead into such behaviour.

It is fixed for the upcoming 1.7

If it is related to Locke@Germany mod, no idea sorry.

i assure you, its your fault tounge_o.gif i can tel by the way you have the animations and how they are configured

its not really that big of a deal for me.

matter of fact it interpolates with the "running-to-crouch" perfectly.

Hello,

Someone could help me to use this marvellous MOD with ROC V3.01 MOD rock.gif Cause this MOD use an special Config.bin. It's possible to have line to modifie in  the Config.bin of the ROC MOD to have the LockeAnim to work rock.gif something like the line to add in the config.cpp that are gave in the Readme of the snYpir Blood Addon V1.41.

Thx in advance  wink_o.gif

hi, just wanted to show a picture of the standing anim of the opgwc mod to those that have not seen it smile_o.gif

opgwc1xp.jpg

sorry that the pic is taken while standing in water, but dxdll now works for me tounge_o.gif

I just got an idea - How about making one that, instead of ads leaning, adds rolling. You know, for getting behind cover fast, or gaining the element of suprise...

EDIT: Just this in the first page. Great!

Will be multiplayer compatible version of this animpack?

If yes, when?

there will never be an mp compatable version.

not until server owners are smart enough to realize "every last OFP player with even half a brain will have this animation pack, or a mod that uses it.. i better integrate them into my server"

so until servers start running this mod.. the whole "MP compatibility" is impossible

edit: note that i am not yet voicing my frustraions that servers dont use this... becuz its still work in progress

but after the final version of this pack is released.. if at least 70% of online servers arent running it.. then i will be rather displeased with the response of server administrators. 111

Our server runs godlike with the animations... tounge_o.gif ...but it isn`t public... rock.gif

Right Papy ....

After two Days this is/was a "STANDARD" Addon

wink_o.gif

Locke, please contact me on email or icq 263531510

thanks...