Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 SEP v.2.0

I am trying to use this tank in league play but the Auto Smoke and other scripts really lag up MP is there anyway to disable the scripts in MP like CBT and VIT?

The only way would be removing the whole script & changing the config. But I'm currently working on an update and I'll see if I can add some script for disabling the laggy smoke scripts.

hey people!

I have pretty good idea...

I think we all know that Abrams tank gun is loaded manualy, so why it shouldn't be done in ofp?!

Commander sights the target, he orders to load a target penetrating round or it decides gunner, gunner orders loader to load the choosen round and then gunner by the command fires the smoothbore gun...

Well in this case someone would have to create loader's animations working both for AI and player.

It should look like:

Loader Player/AI picks the choosen round from ammo storage by clicking left mouse button and then pressing it again to load the picked round into the gun and every time this procedure will be repeated...

Need to make loader's animations for AI and player,

rounds in hands as weapon or something like that,

script procedure,

make left mouse button to pick the round from ammo storage and after when left mouse button will be clicked 2nd time, loader would load it into the gun,

make it MP compactible,

Fix SEPs irscan range,

pick a good loading time,

make that when abrams without a loader, gunner can't load the round and it would be perfect!

That's why Abrams needs 4 people crew, this would be more interesting when sitting in loaders place, not like now, just sitting and don't doing anything, but gunner still reloads and fires the rounds by himself, making it, abrams would use all it's crew...

Movies about abrams and loaders i could provide...

What do you think people?

Its nice and realistic but 90 % of the players would moan cause they are already snivvling about making the SEP use a single player. One problem is that a tank platoon is four tanks with four crewmembers per each tank. Ofp will only assing 12 members per squad. So you have to operate three tanks in order to run with all stations.

Having listend to the bitches moans and gripes when the M2 Bradley from Combat were given correct realistic tow launch setups for the 901-ITV and M2 was a lot of crying and whining.

It be nice but again most players in ofp wouldn't appriciate such things. Tanks are seldom used correctly in games drive in and try engaging danger close in an attempt to leave scortch marks on enemy armor from the muzzle blast, or get surrounded by a dozen hostile inf with at weapons and end up getting destroyed.

Even impossable with most clans to operate armor correctly due to lack of discpline among players, sometimes I catch a closed game with realy miltary players, then oh yeah tanks will ROCK. Rather a large amount of work for so few that would use it right..

Might as well go all the way and lock in the driver so stations can't be changed unless the turret is fcing the direction the cage door is lined up to allow moving people. between the turret and gunners position. and kill anyoine tyring to stich posiotions while tank it in operation. just like the real thing or the engine catching gfire suddenly without warning. wink_o.gif

Or shattering the gearbox on hard accerlation leaving a trail of hydro fluids and EPA guys came and beat you up and make you clean up the mess. wink_o.gif

Above all not MP compatable due to the inertaction issues, and everyone would hack the tank to get around the setup you suggest. The real tank crews go through the motions anyway regardless code or no code, You not be able to realistly carry out the actions while playing at proporspeed, bad enough the gunner lags in game let alone anyone eles. in the time you push pull click cliick a T80 has buried about three penetrator rounds into your tank.

Good idead but tried it on the bis tanks, it fails miserbly. mainly timing and lag issues, that and the the firing more than one shell bug in mp. OFP proves to mangle more of the cooler stuff tried cause its an evil engine that refuses to be tamed. Rather see operational loader and TC guns instead than that then the loader have something to do, or the other loaders jobs like the radio operation, maitance, anti infantry, anti air protection..

The best thing to represent missing crew members is just to add cargo proxies at their regular positions inside the vehicle and give mappers the option to place additional AI crew, which doesn't necessary need to be of the same group as the rest of the crew.

On the other hand such free crew proxies are useful, even if they remain empty. In the case you loose a tank, you can get surviving crew members into the other tanks and won't be slowed down.

yeah, those radio messages are pissing me off!

4 Seps in sight of my squad of 4 T-72s, just 1500m away and suddenly i hear T-72 blowing up, i found that killer Abrams, set gunner to face and engage it, but the squad leader begins to inform those radio mesages:

5 is down...

oh no, 6 is down...

so these messages stops me from shooting the gun, when i get really pissed, i just switch to unrealistic mode - manual fire, where i don't need to order gunner to fire

i have thought, if those messages wouldn't disturb from firing the smothbore gun, i could pound, at least, 25% targets more.

but well, maybe arma will be it, to make tank battle feel more realistic...

P.S. just made a mission with 4xInq's M-60A1s, 4xInq's/King Homer's SEPs and 4xORCS T-72s, where i'm a 4th commander of T-72 squad, we pounded M-60s while, SEPs were pounding us from 2500m distance, so mission result: my tank and crew were put out of action first of squad, so 3 other T-72s left only one SEP beraly alive, but T-72s were blasted away... if only i wouldn't get killed...

"Big reason one must use tatics, been able to take out Sep platoons with T55AMs using the terrain for masking our tanks from direct hit, till somebody wizes up and uses top attack weapons on us.

A also suggest you start amored battle engagements a lot farther off. Even more so when using AI crews also even if unrealistic Keycats armor warfare scripts 'Armor mp fix' would be highly suggested. Even if most modern tanks usally have one shot one kill capable targeting and weapons systems.

A good missions with armo would be on a fairly large low lag island east usualy 4 to 1 advantage. Usualy you have to move to a area to engage so you do not get hammered as soon as te game starts. Both sides have ample support that are in degisnated ares and hold so they return to safety zone once done supporting friendly elements. unmaned support stations in some of the villages that one can run to if they are koed. But survive usually with trasport vehices like UAZ or humvees. install k-kill on east block armored vehicles. place the other scrpt on all units nice run max units with ground inf and some air and mcar units on tonal in mp and barely any lag . Only got lag making a motor pool where folks could choose sigs armor or inq/homers sep. usualy four to 12 players a few hours to comepleate the mission. Resulting in a ratter intince armored battle like the ones durring the first gulfwar, the dunes add a bit more work as enemy have ways of masking their vehicle in hull. down positions to engage. A lot of times a shot will peneytrate the ground and hit the target behind. Relly cool seeing a T72/80 lauch the turret after a direct hit in the early eveing durring a really major tank battle. I can loan you the base mission to try it out..

Heya, just wanted to show a new effect we implented. We replaced the old MPAT effect with this one. Thanks goes to Jonny who created this effect.

Far view

dxdshot11403459818qs.jpg

Close view

dxdshot11403460581fn.jpg

At night

dxdshot11403461758wg.jpg

Okay looks a bit strange in pictures, maybe I'll post a short video later on.

yeah, really nice...

when fireing a SABOT it usually just makes a bright flash when hitting the target and not a big explosion.

same with RSV weapons...

I would love a little bit more zoom on both the commander view and gunner view...?! Ive so far managed to change the ammo loadout and the ammo damage values a bit! Allthough the init script didnt repack good I think. Because I didnt touch anything except the config, and in the config didnt change anything except digits...

well anyway this is a really nice tank, I use the desert version allot in iraq style missions.

Cool this is my fav tank, cant wait for new update. thumbs-up.gif

Any chance of an M1 with the TUSK upgrade?

The links for the required add ons does not work.

update:got it to work and

wow_o.gif its awesome,great work guys!

I have a small suggestion. Get rid of the smoke cover. It is so useless! It laggs when more then 3 M1A2 are hit, plus I can't see anything, BUT THE AI SEES ME REALLY WELL! It is such a OFP bs. This smoke is just an eye candy, no more. Please consider removing it period.

No offence, but anything script related should simply be removed by the person using the addon. Config editing is the easiest part of OPF modification.

You're looking for the hit eventhandler.

Actually, I do that. It's just better to remove it for the rest of the community. It is kind of worthless. I have to do A LOT in the config for this addon. It is very overpowering compare with the other addons, so I have to "fix" it a bit. I love this tank, but its values are too high. I guess King Homer got a little bit "patriotic" on this addon biggrin_o.gif . Rather then that, this has to be the best looking tank in OFP, imo.

Overpowered in comparison to what? No offence, but we don't have a integrated armor value system yet, so what shall I do in your opinion huh.gif . Sure, CAVS is in the works, but which addon are already using this system? I guess not enough to compare any armor values. Sure it's overpowered if you fight against BIS vehicles but the M1A2 isn't supposed to do that at all. The current version fits the RHS T80 pack very well since they are based on the same armor value system (Sigma-6's one). TermiPete once said he'll include the M1A2 in his CAVS config but that hasn't happened yet. confused_o.gif

So please don't moan about the armor values all the time, I'm trying my best to get it as compatible as possible. Due the lack of a realistic damage system, that's not always possible.

With kind regards

King Homer

PS: Anyone out there who could help me with some scripting problems? T_D who helped me to create the majority of the scripts is very busy at the moment...

Hmm.. maybe the first post here.. but i read many posts here and i test most of the addons... have you ever thought about trying to implent a damage system like that in the liberation 1941-45 mod? the system is really awesome... and the effects to.. i love the engine hits... and the effect a single hit makes..

Homer, don't get ofended. I know that there is no integrated armor value in OFP community, and it sure sucks! I hope that your tank can establish a standard by which other tanks can be measured. But in my opinion the RHS T-80 pack is not balanced with your system at all. I parked one of your M1A2's and was rushing it with T-80UK. The M1A2 fired at me 5 times before I could even see him on my radar! I had to manuver like a stray dog to even get to my firing range! In real world the Abrahms can detect targets for up to 8,000 m, but can engage them from 3,500 m, and sometimes 4,000 m. T-80UK also engages targets at 4,000 m. Now, it is hard for me to say that the addons are balanced if one engages the other 5 shots before the enemy can even see him! So, I had to go into config and fix it. Now the tanks engage each other almost at the same time(M1A2 fires first). The game is more fun to play, espesially when AI is attacking in T-80's (it sure has no idea how to manuver like a stray dog! ) biggrin_o.gif Most people in the West get confused when reading the results of the war in Iraq. They think that Sadam had the best Russian equipment to date. So, by simply comparing the results of the war between T-72M and M1A1 or M1A2, they think it is the same as T-80UK vs. M1A2. It is not true. The production of the T-72's ammunition that Iraq used was discontinued by the end of the 70's in the USSR. Modern T-80's use much, much more capable ammo (depleted uranium shells, wolfram shells), those are quite capable of penetrating other modern armor. In the OFP M1A2 often kills any RHS T-80 with a single shot and T-80 has to fire 3-4 shots to disable the Abrahms. That is BS imo, and so again, I don't think these addons are balanced. Perhaps I should write this in the RHS T-80 topic, not here. THEY need to strengthen their addon, or YOU need to downgrade the values in yours. Whoever does it will be just fine with me. As long as we can get two balanced tank addons and don't have to mess with the config. I sure hope I am not starting another tank discussion that would end up nowhere.   sad_o.gif

You did already, you compare this with reality, but it's OFP, it's not based on 100% realism, I've read a post somewhere made by a moderator, can't remember who it was but he told you the same. And no I'm not going to discuss about which tank is better or something like this. It's just about the addon we released, nothing else.

An easy fix for the engagement range is to use the terrain. its rare to be engaged before and not know about it, the Ai crew are very good at spotting.

KH are we going to see any model changes or is it purley script and config work?

Ye, there was a conversation about the Hummers, and the moderator told me that I live too much in the world of OFP. Now you are telling me that I live too much in the real world. Damn it people, I am confused now! rofl.gif

I guess it all boils down to a good old problem. There were never any global settings for addons in the OFP world. Addonmakers never agreed on common values (armor values, reality vs. playability, etc.) Nobody at fault here. I wish when the armed assault rolls around, the addonmaker community would be more organized and could come up with a solution. I guess for now the config addjustments is the only way to balance addons. Thanks for answering my posts King Homer. wink_o.gif