Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 SEP v.2.0

Pictures are looking fantastic.

But a question about MP compatibility.

- Will this addon be tested in MP before release?

I really want to include it in a CTI, but it makes no sense if this is going to be another uber-script-monster, producing lag and desync.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

I hope get some script-deactivation script to work.

To disable all not necessary scripts.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">@(time>1)

?{playersNumber _x>0}count[east,west,resistance,civilian]>0:exit

wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">@(time>1)

?{playersNumber _x>0}count[east,west,resistance,civilian]>0:exit

wink_o.gif

Okay mate, whats that supposed to do? I'm not in scripting that much. icon_rolleyes.gif

Guest [B.B.S.] T_D

That detects if you are in MP or SP. When you put this in a script it will exit when the game is MP.

yes, sorry mate should have explained.

In any script that merely eye candy, and isnt essential for the addon (i.e. can be removed for MP for optimisation purpuses) place that at the very start of the script - what it does is count the number of human players. Because in SP human players = 0 (since it has no need to define them as such) if there are more than 0, you;re obviously playing an MP game and it will exit the script before it has a chance to do anything.

Looks great Homer.I wonder if the Army will ever replace the M2 with the new Xm312,will you?

Are you going to add a few more LODs or keep it at one?

With all due respect, I think King Homer + Inquisitor know that only one LOD will cripple most lower end computers.

- Isn't it obvious that they will add more?

That's what I assumed, but some addon-makers have the tendency to include only one LOD. banghead.gif

Ak, k, my bad, mate.

Well, they did with the previous versions, so I assume they'll do the same for this one (hopefully - I loved using the old one for massive tank battles).

Well sure, we're gonna include a lot more LOD's. With 8000 faces in the first LOD it is really necessary.

Woodland model done

1. Lod: 8066 Faces

2. Lod: 2878 Faces

3. Lod: 1727 Faces

4. Lod: 639 Faces

5. Lod: 350 Faces

m1a2wood.jpg

Olive model done

1. Lod: 7998 Faces

2. Lod: 2886 Faces

3. Lod: 1743 Faces

4. Lod: 631 Faces

5. Lod: 345 Faces

m1a2green.jpg

m1a2w+g.jpg

m1a2lods1.jpg

m1a2lods2.jpg

Great job!Much better than the previous version.

I anit meaning to be a smart arse mate but where exactly did those 8000 polygons go crazy_o.gif ?

I anit meaning to be a smart arse mate but where exactly did those 8000 polygons go crazy_o.gif ?

Looks like the wheels mainly wink_o.gif

Nice work guys, looks a whole lot better than the previous versions.

I'm glad you've re-done the olive version, the old textures made me cry a little tounge2.gifcrazy_o.gif

Very impressive

Incredible to see that the 2nd LOD that is 2878 faces is just as impressive as the 1st LOD with its huge 8000 faces.

Are really the wheels making this 5000 polygons difference ? isn't that really a waste performance-wise ?

The wheels have all in all about 1500 faces. Turret has about 4000 faces, got a lot of detail on there.

Ah ok i prefer that wink_o.gif

As in OFP , when a tank is moving (so most of the time you will use it ingame) the dust just hide the wheels part, it would have been a real waste of ressource to detail them with 5000 faces when you will never notice any detail there when using it in mission.

looks wonderful... cant wait to blow them to pieces :P

well, or replace the M1A1 in FFUR 2006 and blow some libyan terrorists to pieces wink_o.gif

any updates on the desert version? huh.gif

If these two look soo good allready, Im dying to see the desert version which I've used allot allready, probally 9/10 times...

the olive one looks nice thumbs-up.gif

The old tank had a bit stiff suspension with braking and speeding up, now Ive not seen em do it in reallife but on discovery there is a show in which you see a abrams do emergency stop and it does tip over allot! Have you guys also modified this? confused_o.gif