Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

WWIIEC : Caen 1944

Men, I've decided.

I, as Linker Split, want to give CAEN 1944 Mod the whole pack of WWII objects!

I realized that it would be good to help ypu guys with new tons of objects!

Now you have all the permissions to grab, change, edit, delete and release all my pack!

here is the Link:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10103

PLZ TAKE ALL MY MODELS, AND USE THEM AS YOU WANT!!!

I WANT TO HELP YOU IN CREATING YOUR AWESOME MOD!  wink_o.gif

cheers

Linker Split

Your work never ceases to amaze BB, great job as usual smile_o.gif

That's a nice move Linker, I hope that these great models will be put to use!

@Linker

<s>I'm affraid there can be a conflict between the way you make your addons (your forum topic) and the way WWII:EC make it.</s>

OK. I should follow the presumption of innocence. I'll rephrase my words: If you want to donate them addons you should make sure you have all needed permissions because of their rules. That's it.

@Linker

I'm affraid there can be a conflict between the way you make your addons (your forum topic) and the way WWII:EC make it.

Maybe you could read my signature...  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]permission is always requested from the original authors, even if they happen to be WWIIEC members. Only with the authorization of the original author will a modified addon be released
this is what I did

Nice try rofl.gif

Linker Split's original, the mistakes are in bold:

Quote[/b] ]Dear customer,

We (and all the Ubisoft staff) appreciate your interest in our game: Far Cry.

As a simply amateur addon-maker, You can use textures from our software (Far Cry) in order to create ONLY stand-alone models, meshes and related stuffs.

YOU CAN'T SELL YOUR WORK WITH OUR 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE (Textures or models or sounds).

You have THE PERMISSION from our Team

Kind regards

The Far Cry© Team

And here is a version of anyone that is a native english speaker would have written it (it's not due to the Ubisoft employee writing it fast and making an accidental mistake, they have templates for this like any self-respecting company to prevent mistakes that make them look stupid):

Dear customer,

We (the Ubisoft staff) appreciate your interest in our game, FarCry.

As a simple amateur addon-maker, you are allowed to use textures from our software (FarCry) in order to create stand-alone models, meshes and related stuffs ONLY.

YOU CAN'T SELL YOUR WORK AS PART OF A COMMERCIAL VENTURE (Textures or models or sounds).

You have PERMISSION from our Team to continue your project.

Kind regards,

The FarCry© Team

Someone from Ubisoft obviously wouldn't end his e-mail with "The Far Cry© Team", as FarCry was developed by Crytek, not Ubisoft. There isn't even one mention of the "license agreement/EULA". This "e-mail" was written by someone that is not a native english speaker. You wrote this yourself, be a man, admit it.

Man I don't know, since I'm Italian, and the E-mail was sent in Italian from the Team... and please, before saying

Quote[/b] ]FarCry was developed by Crytek
see the logos!  biggrin_o.gif

I just only translated it for you! I don't think you can speak Italian...

anyway, here is the original license:

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3064/emailfarcryjh8.jpg

Men, just one thing, this is Caen 44 thread, not a flaming zone. JdB, you are a modMaker, you should know that this type of things can be discussed via PM, as me an lecholas are doing wink_o.gif

Sorry for the off topic Moderators, but someone still don't want to understand.

And here there's the original license (ITA). Who want to translate in english, now he can.

JdB it's time to stop being the Ubisoft police, if his license is not genuine they'll catch up with him, so please now leave him alone as your continued comments to him are flamebaiting, ignore him and he'll ignore you.

@ linker split : thanks for the offer, i'm particularly interested in the wwII furniture inside your houses... But we (wwIIec) would still need to ask the developers of COD (or was it MOH ?) for permission to re-use the textures you used... as they gave permission to you and not to us if you get what i mean...

anyway back on topic... nice work BB, that will add a lot of authenticity to our french villages. I feel sorry for not having posted any news to the public lately, but its only because i've been busy with animation code and scripts, so nothing interesting to show till i'm done and move on to something else that is worthy screenshot wise...

cheers

Fab

Just thought I would ask how progress was going with this mod? smile_o.gif

the progress is is very good,better as you might think cause we dont post much work here but all the teammembers are working hard to get their stuff finished.

ok for now we are all in holiday but i think in january next year we will post an bigger update on the progress we made

Great news that you're still working on Caen even now when ArmA was released. I have my copy of ArmA already but I've always waited for some mods for good old OFP more than for plain ArmA (maybe mods for ArmA will change it when they'll come out). From what i know your mod has many usefull and gameplay improving features that are not present in ArmA (I can't wait to try the animations, grass that don't disappear in the distance... and the WWII theme...)

Anyway keep up the great work.

Armed Assault Dev tools arn't out yet so all your really going to get in the near future is reskins and re-configs of the current arma units

just to make waiting not to boring or as an late and very little christmaspresent

model by jagy with little adjustments by me

textures and mapping BattlingBitch

picture was taken in buldozer with an black backround nothing was retouched

stenmkiigz4.th.jpg

just to make waiting not to boring or as an late and very little christmaspresent

model by jagy with little adjustments by me

textures and mapping BattlingBitch

picture was taken in buldozer with an black backround nothing was retouched

stenmkiigz4.th.jpg

cool pic

STEN gun (Don't know the Mk. number, shame on me) looks damn good.

For absolute realism, what you should do is have an option to cock it and throw it through a window so it can skitter around on the floor firing uncontrollably on full automatic and clear out a room that way. wink_o.gif

Looking forward to getting my grubby Canuck mitts on your kit, mate. Thanks again, Fab, for making some Canadian units for WWII as well, it all looks good. If you need anything, just ask and I'll try to provide. Unfortunately I'm no bloody good at texturing or modelling, so I can't do the more useful tasks for you.

STEN gun (Don't know the Mk. number, shame on me) looks damn good.

it is a MK2 take a look at the pic name stengunMKII

Funny timing, I was just coming back here to check the filename of the picture to see if it gave any indication, I'd just finished doing some research on the Sten guns. Gah.

For absolute realism, what you should do is have an option to cock it and throw it through a window so it can skitter around on the floor firing uncontrollably on full automatic and clear out a room that way. wink_o.gif

Uh? People actually did that in WWII? biggrin_o.gif

whistle.gif oh yeah sorry its an sten mKII totally forget to write it in my post but you found it out yourself biggrin_o.gif