Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

WWIIEC : Caen 1944

hi at all.i finally found a way out of the summerhole-called no motivation for ofp i fall into. and came up with all helmets converted to a new better detailed texturebase...

...and this small wallpaper

ww2ec_art.jpg

The more you work on it the better it looks, very nice BB thumbs-up.gif

Will there also be camouflage covers for the helmets down the line?

thanks guys,

yeah camocovers will be there but i dont do them so there are no pics of them yet,

there will be versions with chickenwire and camostraps too but these are still early WIP

yeah i gotta finish off my helmet cover model (well its mainly mapping work), but i got other more important stuff to do at the moment...

camouflaged net covers will be done by me to keep consistancy with the rest of the uniform (like the splinter camo etc...)

BB will probably do the chicken wires and so on

btw nice work dante & BB

Glad to hear it will be available, especially if it would match the rest of the uniform like how Fab has mentioned. Would it be possible to have an action function that would add foliage to the chickenwire/netted helmets and possibly other uniform parts like the smock? I realize it may still be too early to ask so no worries if there is no answer.

Is there any chance we can see some (in)famous faces like Kurt Meyer?

i doubt we would go with addactions to add foliage, particularly since you cannot change the camouflage value via script (its set only via config), so one classname = one camouflage value which means one per unit... which means we'll have several categories of soldiers in the editor, some with camouflage, some without, but not "add camouflage" ingame...

yeah kurt meyer and all his palls would be a must for cutscenes, but i dont think we'll add them for the first release... to much work to do, but yeah it'll be cool to have them in later patches whistle.gif

(well unless BB is motivated to make some now...)

Ah, OK that sounds more than good! Thanks for taking the time to explain Fab. I understand there are a lot more important things that need to be considered before a few extra faces are made (like of Kurt Meyer for example), but it'd be a cool addition in a later release like you said. Thanks again!

yep, the environment is as important as the soldiers, that allows a better immersion during the time of the game.

a lot of gamers wait for the soldiers, but where their soldiers will be able to fight? a good map with real buildings etc is really important.

and a lot of people think that, it's easy to make buildings. but it's not the truth, it's really hard; of course if you want to create realistic and detailled buildings.

smile_o.gif

Beautiful work D@nte, I really hope there will be a top WW2 mod for AA in the first couple of years of release, the factor of being able to have more units on screen at any one time should suit WW2 more than ofp.

Hopefully the different WW2 mods can pull together once AA comes out.

whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Hopefully the different WW2 mods can pull together once AA comes out.

it's unlikely, i think tounge2.gif

btw thx, both for the comments smile_o.gif

Sorry there is no Caen 1944 material available for download yet... on the other hand we've released plenty of stuff that arent part of this project such has campaigns, addons and so on so feel free to search at ofp.info or visit our site...

well anyway back to business... i thought it was about time i finished my SMLE N°4, as a matter of fact i just realised i havent touched it for more than a year now... scarry (well i've been busy doing tons of other things)

so here are some shots of what i've been doing this afternoon... i only have to add some weathering effect to make it look less clean and it'll be finished...

SMLE_progress_small.jpg

PS : the screenshots are from either bulldozer or ingame, cut out and paste on a black background... so this is exactly how it looks like ingame on my old crappy laptop...

Great job on that rifle Fab, I am sure that the finished version with weathering will look great smile_o.gif

Wow looks very well textured & modeled biggrin_o.gif!

This is one of my Top Anticipated mod's smile_o.gif.

Hi all

thanks for the nice comments smile_o.gif

Here is a serie of screenshots of our british 3 inch mortar made by GUY (i'm not the author, i just did some minor work like geometry and puting it ingame - he did everything else)

i'll pass it on to sengir who will make some nice anims for it... in the final version of what we hope to achieve, the loader will have a loading animation and as you can already see the mortar shell shows in his hands. i hope you like it.

3inchMortar_small.jpg

PS : once again the screenshots have NOT been enhanced or edited, but are in fact directly from OFP with the environment replaced by a black background whistle.gif

There is not enough praise I can give for the work you guys do. The amount of detail that was paid very well attention to looks amazing on that mortar, I hope that the plan for the animation works, that would only another plus to this mortar. Wonderful job, as usual from WWIIEC thumbs-up.gif