Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

WWIIEC : Caen 1944

The farmhouse looks realy nice smile_o.gif

Is this for a separate Building Pack, or a part of the WWIIEC Mod?

It#s good for my WWII Mission.

Greetings, Imutep

Ofp.4players.de

its part of the mod...

though when we release the mod, we'll put the vegetation in one pbo and all the objects in another so they can be available without downloading the whole mod to make it easier for island makers who want to use our stuff...

That sounds like a good idea, I know I will definitely keep the vegetation pbo in my res/addons folder while running the rest of the WWIIEC mod through the -mod command.

I usually reserve the addons folder in res/ for 'core' addons, though I know for certain that I will be playing WWIIEC non-stop for at least a month if not longer.

I hope things continue on this good pace.

update on the faces,i decided together with FAB that we should improve the faces again.mainly FAB improved the mapping and changed the model a bit to match the already made faces better

after doing that i improved the textures again and this is what we got so far

ah yeah i made a complete new helmet texture too biggrin_o.gif

first face is a generated one

head25db.th.jpg

second a converted BIS face with some improvements

head33oh.th.jpg

greetz Battling Bitch

That second one looks pretty awesome. Good work thumbs-up.gif

I know things have been a little quiet lately, mainly due to being busy with real life etc... but some of our members are still working in the shadows

I've reworked the head model to make high res 3d eyes and did some remaping work etc... then sent it to Battling Bitch who did some new face textures and also reworked the helmet texture and here's the result. as u can see we've adopted a tan & durty looking look to reflect what happens when u live outdoors and sleep in a foxhole at night biggrin_o.gif

in the meantime, sengir has been working on a lot of new anims and we're not far from the end of the tunnel anim wise... i just gotta finish off writting the brand new code and i shall get back in to it asap...

new_head_small.jpg

[click to enlarge]

PS : the soldier here is wearing some rare non standard issue splinter tunic - the helmet is a camouflaged helmet mainly worn by mechanized units who sprayed their helmet with the same way as they did for their vehicles...

What can I say, can't wait untill this mod sees the launch in ArmA(?) I presume? notworthy.gif

That is looking very good. Finally, I won't be able to pick out my targets and knock them down at 500 meters because of their un-tanned, clean faces.

Very nicely done. Looking forward to this battle.

maybe a future US soldier. not for Caen44  smile_o.gif

us1xy3.th.jpg

very nice thumbs-up.gif

That soldier would fit in perfect for the Ardennes front later that year. notworthy.gif

in fact these are the M43 field jack, and the M43 field trousers, used by the US army and the allies after the Dday. In fact i will do too, the M41 field jacket and his trousers, and a mix of the two wink_o.gif

thx all, and if i found a lot of pics, i will try to make an international (french, dutch...) resistance pack smile_o.gif

Ah now that would be something! I've been hoping for a 40s era resistance pack for several years now!

Any chance you would be willing to make some civillians as well? That would be a great idea to make the M41 type jacket and pants for the Americans, along with the M43 uniform it will open a whole new era in WWII warfare for OFP. I look forward to hearing more from you!

i dream to a resistance since a long time too. but i need before to finish some buildings and objects for Caen44 which is the priority wink_o.gif

btw: if someone have some pics about the resistance, i will be interested smile_o.gif

Hello Dante, here are some links of resistance fighters;

http://www.dasreich.ca/ffi5.JPG

http://www.bbll.com/army/fighters.jpg

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-....048.jpg

A possible thing to do would be to get through two addons with one effort, by making 1930s/40s style civillians and having a separate group in the Resistance side armed with Sten guns, grenades and pistols. You could make several wear a beret or other old era caps, and some in coats or jackets. Don't worry about starting them until you get other more important things out of the way though. Good job on the destroyed building, I look forward to seeing more progress on it!

thx for the links, mate wink_o.gif your suggestion is good smile_o.gif

ok, the destroyed farm is finished, now my favourite pleasure, the lods rofl.gif

links removed by me