Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Haha, I must have got the details wrong. I'll ask again him next time I see him.  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The only dud rounds used on the rapier FSC (Rapier 2000 missile) are for loading practice.  Any firing tests include low yield ballasted proximatey warheads, which are enough to destroy target drones.

Like I said. You don't need to list pointless reasons just to take the micky.  wink_o.gif

It might have been a different missile system, though I was pretty sure it was a Rapier. Anyway, like I said, I'll get the details for you. smile_o.gif

If it wasn't spaming, I would constantly say OMG about 500000 times, but hey, that wouldnt be constructive would it.

The Rapier is looking awsome, really really nice, especially after seeing one up close its really nice to see one in OFP.

The Nimrod too, looks damn good mate. Cant wait to get my hands on it. But no rush, I can be a patiant bastard when I need to be. biggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
btw. where i can download those clouds ?

They aren't out yet - they are part of the Northern Ireland Mod

Looks fantastic, cant wait biggrin_o.gif

They aren't out yet - they are part of the Northern Island Mod

*cough* Northern Ireland MOD not island tounge2.gif

As others have said, great work on the nimrod, im sure it will make a lot of people happy.

Smiley smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

They aren't out yet - they are part of the Northern Island Mod

*cough* Northern Ireland MOD not island  tounge2.gif

As others have said, great work on the nimrod, im sure it will make a lot of people happy.

Smiley smile_o.gif

Ok so i was tired - i admit i got it wrong whistle.gif

So, what's the current status? I can't wait on the radar and SAMs smile_o.gif

nice looking nimrod  smile_o.gif

clouds are looking nice too

@RockofSL - pretty easy mistake to make when it says it at the top of their site :P

northernisland.jpg

Guest RKSL-Rock
Do you have any new pictures of the tornado? I wonder how it looks by now.

Not nice ones :P

I've reworked bits of the structure and really haven’t spent any time on textures so they arent very nice looking right now.

Although i have added the new weapons loadouts to the GR4; BL755 etc.

So, what's the current status? I can't wait on the radar and SAMs smile_o.gif

Ok current status:

Radar Fire Control - UNN is finalising the Ver 1 scripts.  These focus purely on the ability to control launchers and designate targets. This stops missile spamming and means launchers will now be able to engage multiple targets.  I’m focused on finishing the textures and the models for the FSB.

The system is intended for AI use not player, although it is possible to get in launchers etc.  So please dont expect fancy dialog screens etc.

SAM Systems - For the moment the Rapier FSC (Including uprated DN181 and Dagger Radars) and Rapier FSB (Including DN181 Blindfire) will be the first releases followed by the Skyguard/Aspide combo.  I'll also be adding some suitable search/early warning Radars to complete the set.

The reason for this is down to the V1 scripts.  Each of the above systems can fire on their own if necessary.  Other systems (SA2/5/6) are dependant on Fire Control radars and require a little extra scripting to work properly.  If UNN has the time and we can test it properly we'll add this function to V1 if not you'll have to wait for an update.

V2 will include some other more advanced features with improved tracking etc, proper dependencies and hopefully some other interesting features.

As for other projects…

The main one that has taken up a lot of time is the DKM/RKSL Hercules pack.

The plan is for DKM to release the US and International variants while RKSL make the UK versions.

I’ve now completed the 2nd build of the models taking the most accurate data I can find.  The mesh is now scaled from the diagram in the Lockheed USAF C130 Manual.  

Planned versions include:

C-130E/H  (UK C1 – including the UK spec ops version)

C-130E/H30  (UK C3 – including the UK spec ops version) Stretched

C-130J (UK C4)

C-130J30 (UK C5) Stretched

KC-130

MC-130H

MC-130P

All the skins & US variants are being done by DKM Jaguar – Anything listed in the DKM thread will still hold true as long as its still practical to do.

The C-130 will:

- Be “roundel†compatible.

- will have user customisable markings (ROYAL AIR FORCE, US AIR FORCE etc)

- have Flares

- have paradrop scripting

- hopefully have cargo capabilities (this may be limited to certain vehicles  but more details nearer release)

Fore the first release we wont be doing an AC-130 please don’t ask for one.  The current aircraft turret system has some limits and causes significant problems that mean altering the models a lot.  We just don’t have the time to do this so we’re sorry but now Spectres at this time.

As for all the other stuff,  they are getting there slowly.  I’ve recently had to sit down and work out what is practical to continue with and some things may well get killed off.  Projects like the U-2 are going to get dramatically shortened.  By this I mean basic textures and cockpit then just released – no fancy scripting I’m afraid.

The A-12 is getting put back on the shelf as is the B-2, F-117 and XF/A-32.  These are all projects that need reworking and need a lot of time to get right.  Other projects are nearer to completion so I’ve decided to finish off the projects that require the least amount of work so I can at least release betas.

The Harrier GR7 is still on slow burn but unfortunately the VTOL system proved to be far too unstable, causing CTDs for various reasons so it looks like a conventional version will be released ‘sooner’ than the plan dictated.

Nimrod MR2 will be out once I’ve finished the first SAM systems – it just needs a few bugs squashing and a new cockpit and some textures.

707/E-3 AWACS pack suffered a minor setback last month when my laptop was stolen whilst in the Ukraine near L’viv. But that will be reworked and released with the Tornados at some point.

If anyone gets offered an IBM ThinkPad R52 with OFP and O2 installed I’d like it back please. smile_o.gif

IL-76 Mainstay & A-50 pack – On hold pending the results of the scripting we’re doing on the C130 packs. I plan to use the same cargo and para drop system with this and other packs.

If there is anything I missed that you are interested in please ask...

cheers  

Rock

Yes about the Dutch version of the C-130H30. First of all I would like to ask if you might be able to make a screenshot showing the H30 variant?

And will it be in the first wave of releases or the 2nd...? Because it is going to be for use with the LLW mod. smile_o.gif Allready had talks about that with Jaguar some time ago.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Yes about the Dutch version of the C-130H30. First of all I would like to ask if you might be able to make a screenshot showing the H30 variant?

And will it be in the first wave of releases or the 2nd...? Because it is going to be for use with the LLW mod.  smile_o.gif Allready had talks about that with Jaguar some time ago.

From what ive seen of the Dutch C-130s they are pretty much the same as the UK ones (in spec anyway) so yes they will be in the first release.

Basically what schemes get released and when is upto Jaguar. I'm sure if its possible to get it in the first pack as they are pretty similar to others colours. National markings will be easy enough to do with the existing customisations.

As for screen shots we'll try and find some nice ones...stay tuned.

Guest RKSL-Rock

If anyone want to see the C130 pics check out the DKM thread and our respective websites.

More will follow at somepoint

WOOOOOOOW nice work dude! Ive just seen the pictures, very nice work, keep it up!

Shit this will be another MAJOR addon, thinks of BAS blackhawks.... biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for all the work, I personally will use this addon ALLOT! thumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Any pictures of Camo Net Pack 2. Will these include UK and in what forms?

No.

Yes.

Dunno but if you have any suggestions pm me with them and i'll make sure i include them.

tounge2.gif

need some photo textures of cam netting? We've got a few that may be useful from our advisors in Iraq smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
need some photo textures of cam netting? We've got a few that may be useful from our advisors in Iraq  smile_o.gif

That would help alot actually. Ive struggled to get decent images - any good close up shots with a nice contrast balance would be excellant!

Thanks