Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Guest RKSL-Rock

Ive just got back from a little trip...not the most successful venture...so apologies for the delay in posting these:

The Straight Flush Radar is a component of the SA-6 SAM System, acting as both the Search and Fire Control Radars for the system.  Controlling up to 6 Launchers it can guide the missiles into targets up to 120+ KM (OFP Ranges will be applied)

RKSL-StrFlush_1.jpg

RKSL-StrFlush_2.jpg

RKSL-StrFlush_3.jpg

RKSL-StrFlush_4.jpg

Guest RKSL-Rock

contd..

As with the SA-6 the "Fansong" Firecontrol Radar locates and assigns targets for the SA-2 missiles.  Although the Fansong is usually dependant on a dedicated Search Radar to actually find the targets first at extended range.  Once the target is in range of the Fansong it then provides targeting data for (usually) 6 missiles arranged in a star pattern.

RKSL-fansong_1.jpg

RKSL-fansong_2.jpg

RKSL-fansong_3.jpg

RKSL-fansong_4.jpg

very nice, they would be great in a CTI Map biggrin_o.gif

Hmm... guess you would have to lower the prices on the aircraft then smile_o.gif

That Straight Flush radar is gonna look very impressive on the field. Great work.  thumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
hi RKSL studio makers, I was wondering are you guys going to make west Air Defence systems?

Like what?  There arent that many big systems really.  Most of western anti air stuff is quite small or a MANPAD. I know some are truck/hummer based but to be honest they dont really interest me much. Other mods are doing them.

Im making the Rapier FSC & FSB for the UK

The Skyguard/ASPIDE combo is already complete. That is going to be a Resistance bit of kit.

The rest of the western stuff isnt really stuff im that interested in.  The idea is to even the imbalance in airpower.  The West has too many aircraft and the East only has a few decent ones.  Creating all these Soviet SAMs kinda evens the odds smile_o.gif

Ive already made the Shelter Roland II for the Falklands Mod (I might upgrade it to a Truck body at some point).

DKM-Jaguar is making Patriot PAC2 & 3. & the M113 ADATS

hi RKSL studio makers, I was wondering are you guys going to make west Air Defence systems?

Like what?  There arent that many big systems really.  Most of western anti air stuff is quite small or a MANPAD.  I know some are truck/hummer based but to be honest they dont really interest me much.  Other mods are doing them.

Im making the Rapier FSC & FSB for the UK

The Skyguard/ASPIDE combo is already complete. That is going to be a Resistance bit of kit.

The rest of the western stuff isnt really stuff im that interested in.  The idea is to even the imbalance in airpower.  The West has too many aircraft and the East only has a few decent ones.  Creating all these Soviet SAMs kinda evens the odds smile_o.gif

Ive already made the Shelter Roland II for the Falklands Mod (I might upgrade it to a Truck body at some point).

DKM-Jaguar is making Patriot PAC2 & 3.  & the M113 ADATS

Cool cause I was kinda hoping you were making the Rapier but didn't want to request you to make one, cool thnx for making it, becuase apart from that the west a pretty good AD system introduced in OFP like the m6 lineback (COMBAT!wink_o.gif, and USMC hummer AD systems (FK/SFM) and the USMC LAV-AD(FK/SFM).

But once again awsome to see the rapier

whoa those look amazing and will look even better with a satchel charge planted next to them  biggrin_o.gif

Seriously good work smile_o.gif

PS my russian ground troops wish to say thank you comrade smile_o.gif

west air defense? how about a hawk missile system or a chapparal?

I think vixer is making a Chapparal btu I may be wrong

Guest RKSL-Rock
west air defense? how about a hawk missile system or a chapparal?

Quite are few people are making the Hawk system so ive no real plans to do that. The Chapparal, so far ive seen 2 versions and 1 I believe isn’t going to be released from lack of interest. Correct me if im wrong but isnt it no longer used by anyone? I thought it was superseded by Avenger/Stinger?

To be honest right now I have more than i can really deal with right now. The SA4 is coming under real pressure of being cancelled due to the workload and its place on the battlefield (ie how old it is vs its limited worldwide use). Its more suited to a longer range environment than most missiles.

EDIT - Some days you just cant type.

1low.jpg

hope you dont mind me posting this here - that nimrod looks spot on mate - stunning work notworthy.gif

The Chapparal, so far ive seen 2 versions and 1 I believe isn’t going to be released from lack of interest. Correct me if im wrong but isnt it no longer used by anyone? I thought it was superseded by Avenger/Stinger?

Yeah, the chapparal was replaced by the Avenger system long ago. I believe that its being made by a 1980s mod, cant remember their name. They had screenies and all.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Any progress updates Rock?

(and any pics of GR7? hint hint wink_o.gif )

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

I'll post some progress stuff later this week hopefully, but im afraid the GR7 hasn’t progressed any.  I'm concentrating on the SAM/Firecontrol Project at the moment updating/finishing some of the models etc before I switch over to the planes again.

In way of a small update heres the V2 Rapier FSC Launcher Unit

RKSL-FSC-PR-1.jpg

http://www.nimod.co.uk/NIMODTEAM/NIMODPromoPics/1low.jpg

hope you dont mind me posting this here - that nimrod looks spot on mate - stunning work  notworthy.gif

Not at all smile_o.gif

I let Nick have a look at the Beta Nimrod, I have to say those clouds are totally amazing.

amazing rapier - looks lovely... you're always welcome to let your buddies at UKF try the beta too rofl.gif

nice work mate - always a fan

That's one scary beast. A friend of the family was talking to me once about his time in the army. They were test firing dud missiles from a Rapier, and they locked back onto it's own position. crazy_o.gif They were still duds but they would have made a mess had they hit anything important. whistle.gif

Anyway, great work RockofSL. thumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Daniel @ Oct. 26 2005,17:25)]That's one scary beast. A friend of the family was talking to me once about his time in the army. They were test firing dud missiles from a Rapier, and they locked back onto it's own position. crazy_o.gif They were still duds but they would have made a mess had they hit anything important. whistle.gif

Anyway, great work RockofSL. thumbs-up.gif

That’s not possible for several reasons:

1 - The missiles are unable to turn quickly or tightly enough to make a return trip. During the launch phase the missile accelerates very quickly up to mach2 (The motors aren’t throttlable so its a known constant) it would take the missile about 4+mins to turn an slow down enough (burning all the way and fighting inertia) to complete a 360 before looking at the launcher again. Considering the burn time of the motors is 150 seconds max that makes it impossible.

2 - Seekers heads field of view is only 21 degrees - meaning it cant see behind itself to find a target.

3 - Seeker heads used are very clever using discriminating techniques so they aren’t easily confused by chaff, flares or electronic countermeasures - making it impossible to mistake a launcher for a viable target.

4 - The missiles can be guided by both the launcher and Fire Control Radars meaning that even if the missiles seeker were able to lock the launchers it would be immediately overridden.

5 - The only dud rounds used on the rapier FSC (Rapier 2000 missile) or FSB2 (Rapier 1/1B missile) are for loading practice. Any firing tests include low yield ballasted proximity warheads, which are enough to destroy target drones.

I could go one but i think we're seeing a theme here. whistle.gif

edits for typos