Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Could you include some really small nets to cover up vehicles like apc's and jeeps?

For instance there is a net we use over here in the Netherlands to cover up the YPR. Its open from the back to allow access to the ramp, but its also got a opening on the top so the turret sticks out >> MG turret not the PRI turret as on the released LLW YPR.

Also some nets for the Landrovers from UKF would be really sweet, small desert cam nets for SAS missions in the desert.

Also a side net would be nice for trucks, like on the side and diagonally down to the ground...

Maybee a net that is like a tent but suspended on a line between 2 trees, like basic soldier made shelter....

And maybee also a very small net for observer/sniper missions...

man soo many elite addons your making! Every single addon your making will come in really well. Basicly all those addons are filling the gaps in many many many missions!

Guest RKSL-Rock
Could you include some really small nets to cover up vehicles like apc's and jeeps?

For instance there is a net we use over here in the Netherlands to cover up the YPR. Its open from the back to allow access to the ramp, but its also got a opening on the top so the turret sticks out >> MG turret not the PRI turret as on the released LLW YPR.

…Also a side net would be nice for trucks, like on the side and diagonally down to the ground...  

A lot of people have asked for this sort of thing but it’s a problem making ‘generic’ nets; its almost impossible to produce something that fits everything without looking odd.  This kind of thing depends on the tank/truck used.  The LLW, CBT, Spetznatz etc trucks are totally different sizes making a practical side net impractical.

Nets for specific addons have really limited use and you’re better getting the addon maker to make something up for that specific addon.  Its this kind of problem that has delayed the Net Pack 2 for so long.

Also some nets for the Landrovers from UKF would be really sweet, small desert cam nets for SAS missions in the desert.

I’ve already got some prototype nets specifically for the UKF WMIKs and LRs but they have a long way to go to be practical and may have to be a scripted addon to deal with it properly.

Maybee a net that is like a tent but suspended on a line between 2 trees, like basic soldier made shelter....

And maybee also a very small net for observer/sniper missions...

I’ll try but again practical addons are becoming difficult to create.  I have some idea using personal ‘deployable’ nets but I haven’t don’t much experimenting as yet.  Making something generic enough for people to use with the majority of addons is not easy

just to let you in on some info so you dont go wasting your time (so to speak) but the 2nd WMIK pack has deployable cam netting tailored to it's shape smile_o.gif

RockofSL, I'll upload all the images i have of cam nets tomorrow - they're not great BUT workable - they give the shape/pattern and the general idea of colour, but i myself needed to edit, colour blend and contrast them a fair bit.

you'll see what i mean whistle.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
just to let you in on some info so you dont go wasting your time (so to speak) but the 2nd WMIK pack has deployable cam netting tailored to it's shape  smile_o.gif

RockofSL, I'll upload all the images i have of cam nets tomorrow - they're not great BUT workable - they give the shape/pattern and the general idea of colour, but i myself needed to edit, colour blend and contrast them a fair bit.

you'll see what i mean  whistle.gif

cool thanks

The British Army throws a net over everything from Landrovers to Challengers.

As RockofSL said its better for these to be included by the maker, as is our 2nd WMIK pack as Messy said. Let it be known from my last statement that I wish all vehicles PUKF produce to have this feature.

What I wish from RockofSL Studios is garage cam in various sizes that has a pack up/deploy user end. Much like a progression from your fantastic first pack.

What I wish from RockofSL Studios is garage cam in various sizes that has a pack up/deploy user end. Much like a progression from your fantastic first pack.

great idea smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

great idea  smile_o.gif

Already a few steps ahead of you smile_o.gif

Currently i have deployable net system that you can carry and deploy anywhere. The idea comes from the deployable weapons in FDF and SFP4. The problem comes inthe form of geo lods but im trying to get around that.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Damn.. I cant wait to drive my the LLW YPR's in your C-130h30's biggrin_o.gif

Erm...i'm flattered...Im not sure im that kind of mod maker.... whistle.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
what do you mean? icon_rolleyes.gif

It was an attempt at a weak joke. Your comment about your YPR in my C130...guess it gets lost in translation.

lmao... dirty dirty minds.

RockofSL - you've got mail  smile_o.gif

Thanks, I'll get back to you later. Just got some things to do first.

what do you mean? icon_rolleyes.gif

It was an attempt at a weak joke. Your comment about your YPR in my C130...guess it gets lost in translation.

lmao... dirty dirty minds.

RockofSL - you've got mail smile_o.gif

Thanks, I'll get back to you later. Just got some things to do first.

no worries mate

BAHAHAHAH Harmed rofl.gif

Yeah thanks RKSL for the explanation about the sizes, It was stupid of me not to think about that. And also great news that the UKF will have incoorperated camo nets, which sort that problem!

After thinking a bit, a plain simple net of like 3x4 meters, so smaller then the smallest net you have now, would solve all the problems just as well actually... banghead.gif Stupid me for not thinking.

wink_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
After thinking a bit, a plain simple net of like 3x4 meters, so smaller then the smallest net you have now, would solve all the problems just as well actually...  banghead.gif Stupid me for not thinking.

wink_o.gif  thumbs-up.gif

I think some of the ones ive got in development should be close to what you want.  give me some time and i'll post some pics.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Earlier this week I had a minor accident with the Harrier GR5/7 model, overwriting the nearly completed addon with an incomplete version.  This isn’t such a huge setback so I’ve just spent the morning rebuilding the base model:

RKSL-PR-GR7_1_th.jpg

[Click for Large Image]

As you can see its not 100% yet but its getting there.  This is a complete new model scaled from plans from a Hasegawa model kit (so any mistakes are theirs not mine :P) with a finished poly count of ~5200 in the first res LoD, including a basic weapons loadout of 2x Tanks, 2x Aden Gunpods, 2x BL755 Cluster bombs.

The release will have Short Take Off and Landing (STOL) capabilities and all the usual features etc.  But unfortunately the 'new' VTOL system which I had hoped for proved to be incredibly unstable causing CTDs and odd effects when used with other addons so its going to be dropped.  [sL]Skipjack is still developing the system but we don’t think a successful version will be available in the near future so we apologise if this disappoints anyone. Maybe with a new ArmA game engine we'll have more possibilities.

Cheers

Rock

Thats one sexy plane, don't worry about VTOL capability, I believe that if possible the British forces prefer to use the STOL method most of the time!

Looks great.....

Quote[/b] ]An addonmaker who builds model kits... a good sign! thumbs-up.gif something footmunch should learn to do

Having respect for addon makers, something you should learn to do

Quote[/b] ]An addonmaker who builds model kits... a good sign! thumbs-up.gif something footmunch should learn to do

Having respect for addon makers, something you should learn to do

Dammit... that's what you get when you accidentally press "add reply" instead of "preview post" ...I guess I deserved it :P

That part wasn't really meant to be seen by anyone... I was just messing with the colors and sizes to see if I could find a setting that could blend in the background so that nobody could read it. So I had to go press that "add reply" button! I didn't know people were so quick to reply!

I mean no disrespect to Footmunch... most of his addons really are good. I just hate his F-16 so much!

Pretty embarrassing for me... whistle.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

@Wonder

In the UK we have a saying "If you cant say anything good, dont say anything."

I think in your case its 'words to live by'.

Ok guys can we get back on topic...i'd rather not have my topic locked.

Nice work on that harrier, Rock. I notice the lightning errors on the canopy, which are caused by the double sided faces, and luckily just a few days back I discovered the solution!

You have to reduce the glass faces to one side again (Ctrl-W, D and some manual steps to remove left-over double-sided faces). Now all the faces should point to the outside, on the inner side there should be none left. Now press E and check 'Normal' on Lightning. OK to leave the dialog, copy paste the faces (which still should be selected) and turn them around (W). Now, before merging with the outer side, press E and choose 'Reverse (Transparent)' under Lightning. OK, and merge the two sides with 'Merge near' and a small value like 0.0001 or similar. Done! thumbs-up.gif