Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

i dont think you have to give a statement for your things you are working on , its your decide on what you are working and that people who write such things are just some lazy home boys with no friends wink_o.gif

Wow, I didn't think a little think a little thing like that would attract so much stupitidy. Don't worry about it Rock.

wow_o.gif thats a shocking read never knew this kinda thing happend. I now understand why some people consider stop making addons.

STGN

i think your doing a great job Rock..

@all it does happen, have you read some of the comments in the Armed Assult website comment boxes wink_o.gif

Rock, my advise is to ignore them, if they feel they have to slag you off for saying you won't make a US version, then thats their problem. Rock my man you can't help that all those people that slag you off are small minded (small dicked) arrogant people who dont deserve to have a right to say anything, if anyone's racist, its these bigotted, low IQ'd idiots!

Keep up the good work fella, don't let the fools get you down, and make what YOU want to make.

Much repect mate.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Well, it's not funny anymore; it's plain sad. I think I'm pretty intense in my patriotism, and as a former U.S. Marine I would love to see many more Corps add-ons. But to blatantly insult is again, sad, and as you stated, another Mod is working on a USMC version.

I'm sorry to see some still putting forth an image of the "ugly American."

.....Okay, back on-topic.

yay.gif

lmao at the first one (wont get into debate about how the war reeeealy happened biggrin_o.gif - *carries on laughing about U571*)

rock mate, we all go through it - ive had spack emails from peopl threatening all sorts of bollocks if i dont spend more time making a RSOV landrover, instead of concentrating on UK stuff... it beggers belief - granted, i've not received the level of pure ignorance and stupidity shown in those emails.

live and learn i guess - amuses me how many of those IP's originate from similiar parts of the US.

keep up the good work mate, dont let a bad thing get you down (as i hope it wont - i deal with pratts every day of my life where i work, just ignore it tounge2.gif )

When was America a race? I mean, the Indianapolis 5000 is pretty cool and everything, but....

Indianapolis 500 rofl.gif

Anyway, RockofSL, its good that your ignoring idiots like that. I mean people, if you have nothing nice to say, especially when other people are taking their time to do something for free for you. You should just really just STFU and say thanks. I can't believe the world is made up of so many idiots. Ok Im done now. Keep on rolling RockofSL and keep it up man!

After Rockape showed me the emails he was getting, I was impressed by the restraint and proffesionalism he showed. If it had been me, I'd really have 5 warning bars next to my name.

My favourite was the sub launched fantasy harrier idea - loved the sound effects (written in the email) I wont post it to save embarrassment tounge2.gif .

I'm going to venture a guess and say it was either Placebo or Hellfish that sent you that email.

rock mate, we all go through it - ive had spack emails from peopl threatening all sorts of bollocks if i dont spend more time making a RSOV landrover, instead of concentrating on UK stuff... it beggers belief - granted, i've not received the level of pure ignorance and stupidity shown in those emails.

Why don't i get hate/demanding mail. sad_o.gif

The way I see it, anyone can ask for Rock's permission to make himself a nice AV-8B out of his Gr7

Kinda shocked to see that kind of hate mail. Luckily most of the yanks I'm involved with are okay, but then again you can't choose the people who mail to you smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Why don't i get hate/demanding mail.  sad_o.gif

I’m just lucky I guess.

The way I see it, anyone can ask for Rock's permission to make himself a nice AV-8B out of his Gr7

Not without permission they cant.

When I said 'make your own' I meant 'make your own'. :P

I'm going to venture a guess and say it was either Placebo or Hellfish that sent you that email.

Nah Placebo does better sound effects.

After Rockape showed me the emails he was getting, I was impressed by the restraint and proffesionalism he showed. If it had been me, I'd really have 5 warning bars next to my name.

You do!  tounge2.gif

Seriously though the only reason I posted those little ditties was that people asked about the anti American thing…and after some careful thinking (well 5 mins) I am reconsidering my position on McDonalds.  Lets face it the packing is more nutritious than the ‘food’.

On average I get about 30 emails a month.  Most are ok requests for stuff, help etc but some are just funny and some are just weird or at worst insulting.  None of them bother me, apart from a few from Jaguar smile_o.gif   These bad ones are only a very small percentage of an otherwise positive messages.

I can't say I hate you, your my favorite addon-maker right now inlove.gif

Can't wait on some of releases m8! biggrin_o.gif

Why don't i get hate/demanding mail.  sad_o.gif

roflmao. whats your email? rofl.gifwhistle.gif

@RockofSL Well done, nice to see someone not taking shit so seriously. Keep up the great work and these things look great so far. Can't wait for ANY of your projects to be released. tounge2.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Ok straying back to the Harrier...

UNN and I have been doing some debating about how to implement VTOL into the Harrier... it basically resolves down to how you would like to fly it. SIMPLIFIED or REALISTICALLY

By this i mean like the Existing FLK Sea Harrier, where you choose an option from the menu to do a preset function.

OR

By selecting Nozzle positions and hoping for the best? tounge2.gif

The first option would be more AI Friendly of course but the second would be more realistic.

What do you lot think?

(and before anyone asks, its unlikely that this would be 100% MP friendly either so think of this as SP only option).

i know its probally not what you wanted to hear, but perhaps developing both and see how they pan out? Your descriptions dont offer much in the way of showing how it would work, and how we would use it.

i'd say, though, from what i can gather that the nozzle method sounds fun - i remember how hard i found flying in OFP initialy, before i learnt to take off, land, circle etc - and i do enjoy trial and error of learning a new system - so i'd vote for that smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Your descriptions dont offer much in the way of showing how it would work, and how we would use it.

OK thats fair comment so here we go more detailed descriptions:

Simplified Flight

control of the VTOL is by menu options like:

STOL Take off

STOL Landing

VTOL ON

Increase Altitude

Decrease Altitude

Hold Altitude

Hit the button and you are taken through a scripted process. Step by step, as in the current FLK Harrier.

Realistic Flight

Control actions are less scripted and flight is controlled by changing the angle of the Nozzles. This can be done at any time but may or may not affect you much depending on your speed or altitude etc. At the minute this means on altitude and pitch control.  Roll and YAW are affected by the current scripts below certain speeds.

So for a STOL take off you set your nozzles to 45degrees and power down the runway, lifting off at ~80-100kph.

Set the Nozzles at 60degrees and you take off at ~50-75 etc.

Set your nozzles to 90degrees you take off vertically.

Set to 120degrees and you move backwards.

This represents a more realistic method of operation as a real Harrier should be controlled.  It might take a few training flights to learn to fly properly but it is possible.

Of Course the first represents only a request to use the FLK system where as the “realistic†system needs development. (100% guarantee of it working isn’t possible but it look like it should work)  Neither are going to adversely affect the release date for the STOL only BETA.

thanks for the greater detail

i'll still stick with my vote on the nozzle method, as it sounds like fun smile_o.gif

Simplified Flight

control of the VTOL is by menu options like:

STOL Take off

STOL Landing

VTOL ON

Increase Altitude

Decrease Altitude

Hold Altitude

Hit the button and you are taken through a scripted process. Step by step, as in the current FLK Harrier.

Realistic Flight

Control actions are less scripted and flight is controlled by changing the angle of the Nozzles. This can be done at any time but may or may not affect you much depending on your speed or altitude etc. At the minute this means on altitude and pitch control.  Roll and YAW are affected by the current scripts below certain speeds.

So for a STOL take off you set your nozzles to 45degrees and power down the runway, lifting off at ~80-100kph.

Set the Nozzles at 60degrees and you take off at ~50-75 etc.

Set your nozzles to 90degrees you take off vertically.

Set to 120degrees and you move backwards.

This represents a more realistic method of operation as a real Harrier should be controlled.  It might take a few training flights to learn to fly properly but it is possible.

How about doing both and calling the first one an AI version. Then (almost) everyone would be happy.

If I had to choose, I'd prefer the simple one since I'm a pisspoor pilot tounge2.gif

I like Messiah would say Realistic Flight, however more of a relationship of Realistic Flight and Simplified Flight. That is not reading a ten page readme to lift the bugger off the deck, but greater control over what the plane can do than over a scripted process.

Just not too hard for us thick tankies to fly! smile_o.gif

Can I also ask if its possible to have low level and high level flying via a script for STOL flight (hope I got the terminology correct). This would be fantastic flying over trees and rolling countryside.

Guest RKSL-Rock
How about doing both and calling the first one an AI version. Then (almost) everyone would be happy.

1) Its take alot of time to develop 2 solutions.  Even using the FLK system it would require adapting. So its only going to be 1 system preferably.

2) The difference in control method is really more down to the user than the AI.  Scripts can be run to ensure the AI can do VTOL landings etc on either method.

I like Messiah would say Realistic Flight, however more of a relationship of Realistic Flight and Simplified Flight. That is not reading a ten page readme to lift the bugger off the deck, but greater control over what the plane can do than over a scripted process.

Just not too hard for us thick tankies to fly!  smile_o.gif

LOL no it wont be too hard its just that it will be a very much hands on system where you actually have to fly the plane not just click a button and expect to land instantly.

It'll be more about judging you speed and knowing when to turn your nozzles etc. Making you actually fly the plane properly smile_o.gif The only people i see complaining are the 'mouse' pilots.

Can I also ask if its possible to have low level and high level flying via a script for STOL flight (hope I got the terminology correct). This would be fantastic flying over trees and rolling countryside.

Im not sure i understand what you mean?  Can you elaborate please?

The current model/config flies quite well at as low as you like if you are a good enough pilot.  The AI's tend to be a bit wet and don’t usually go below 20m unless pushed.  But will happily cruise around at 50m/165ft happily blowing the crap out of everything they can pistols.gif